TV Batwoman - TV's first openly gay superhero portrayed by an openly gay actress!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
All kinds of news coming out (see what I did there) about the CW's next Arrowverse show.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/batwoman-tv-series-works-at-cw-1127574

'Batwoman' TV Series in the Works at The CW
JULY 17, 2018 8:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg

Greg Berlanti and Caroline Dries are developing the drama ahead of the lesbian character's debut in the network's DC crossover event in December.
The CW is looking to expand its DC Comics world.

The network is teaming with DC's small-screen universe mastermind Greg Berlanti to develop Batwoman as a TV series. The character of Batwoman will officially be introduced in December as part of The CW's annual DC series crossover event.

Batwoman revolves around Kate Kane, who, armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet — in a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope.

Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) is attached to pen the script and executive produce the project, which is based on DC Comics characters. Berlanti and his Warner Bros. TV-based Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns will exec produce. A casting notice for the role of Kate will be going out shortly.

The DC crossover will mark the first time the character of Batwoman will appear in live-action form on any screen when she is seen fighting alongside The CW's heroes.

Should Batwoman move to series, it would join a slate of DC shows at The CW that includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning as Berlanti also builds a roster of DC fare on the comic book powerhouse's forthcoming DC Universe subscription digital platform. Set to launch next month, that platform will feature scripted originals including Titans, Doom Patrol and more.

The script deal brings Dries back to The CW and Warner Bros. TV, for whom she served as showrunner on The Vampire Diaries. Dries exited briefly for an overall deal with Sony TV. Her credits include Melrose Place and Smallville.

Berlanti, meanwhile, is fresh off renewing his overall deal with Warner Bros. TV in a $400 million, four-year extension. The pact includes cash incentives that kick in when he hits a specific number of series. Heading into the fall, Berlanti has a record 14 scripted TV series on the air across six networks and produces two animated series airing on a seventh. They are: The CW's All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale and Supergirl; NBC's Blindspot; CBS' God Friended Me and The Red Line; The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina at Netflix; DC Universe's digital service's Doom Patrol and Titans; Lifetime's You; and The CW Seed animated series Freedom Fighters: The Way and Constantine: City of Demons. Berlanti is repped by WME and Felker Toczek.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
TVLine has the details on the hunt for an openly gay actress to play the lead. This is sure to go well:

https://tvline.com/2018/07/17/batwoman-cw-series-lesbian-actress-casting/

Batwoman Series Seeks Lesbian Actress to Play CW's LGBT Hero
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 17 2018, 9:39 AM PDT
The Batwoman series now in development for The CW will not only feature TV’s first gay lead superhero character, but an out lesbian actress will ideally fill the title role.

Sources tell TVLine that the would-be Arrowverse addition is seeking an out lesbian actress, open ethnicity, to play age 25 to 29. (TVLine has reached out to The CW and Warner Bros. for comment.) Batwoman aka Kate Kane will first be introduced in this fall’s four-way crossover event between Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, before potentially fronting her own series.
Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked!
Launch Gallery

The offshoot — which at this point has a script development deal — is set up at Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. The Vampire Diaries‘ Caroline Dries, an out lesbian, will pen the script.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
And finally, That Hashtag Show has all the details on Kate's tortured existence. No wait, she's actually perfect. Wait! She does have some inner demons - Her dad didn't praise her enough as a child. :haha7::haha7::haha7:

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/07/exclusive-batwoman-casting-episode-details-arrowverse/

EXCLUSIVE: Batwoman Series Casting & Episode Details For Arrowverse Crossover
Andy Behbakht July 18, 2018 Comic Books, Featured, Latest News, Leaks and Rumors!, TV No Comments

Batwoman is not only appearing in the massive Arrowverse crossover, but she is also getting her own show as The CW has put a script development order in place! From executive Greg Berlanti, the spin-off is in early stages with Smallville and The Vampire Diaries scribe Caroline Dries penning the script. Dries is also set to executive produce alongside Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns. While That Hashtag Show revealed an Arrowbreakdown recently for a character who was possibly Batwoman, it is now safe to say that it is for a completely different character.

That Hashtag Show is proud to unveil fresh casting details for the actual Batwoman role as well as some brief information on Kate’s appearance. TV Line revealed earlier today that the actress they are seeking is to be between the age of 25-29, as well as being openly gay and of any ethnicity. Now onto what you need to know about this version of Kate.

Kate is fully aware of how bad-ass she is whenever she enters a room, even though she prefers to put a smile on your face. Young Ms. Kane is physically and intellectually confident while being a woman who is proud to be openly gay. However, Kate still deals with her inner demons that go back to her history with her dad. Their relationship is quite complicated as she struggles to get praise from him. She once aspired to have a successful military career, but those dreams sadly came to an end as she was kicked out of West Point once she came out of the closet. But that didn’t stop her from becoming the crime-fighting vigilante known as Batwoman. Striking fear into the criminals she fights, Kate is someone who must also fight the complications of living a double life, both as a citizen and hero of Gotham. While she has her shield up when fighting criminals, she lets herself be vulnerable when dating women. Being eyed for a pilot option, whoever plays Kate is being listed as a recurring guest star, making us hope we will see her in the shows after the crossover too.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
Gay superheroes. Been there, done that. Arrow has Mr. Terrific.

Boring...

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I'll give it a fair shot. I thought I would hate Black Lightning but, despite plenty of eye rolling shit to hate, that turned out to be a good show.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
A gay, SJW superhero. What could go wrong? It's sure to do gangbusters in Middle America

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Predictable failure due to white male outrage armed and ready Captain.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
A gay, SJW superhero. What could go wrong? It's sure to do gangbusters in Middle America
Her dad didn’t praise her enough! Surely we can all relate to that, no matter what side of the political debate we fall on.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I am totally in for this totally out Superhero TV show. How about you @DR. Jimcy M.E. ? @LiddyRules ? @BIV ?
Brave
Groundbreaking
Times Up
SJ Mafia
Outrage
Mayor Quincy Sharp is a very strong leader, and I trust him when he says there is no corruption in the GCPD.
It will be fun.
It'll be a good time.
I'm excited.

Dec 12, 2007
Has the "CW" ever made anything good?

I don't mean BIV "I like everything" good. I mean actual good.

Also, what is the "CW"?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Has the "CW" ever made anything good?

I don't mean BIV "I like everything" good. I mean actual good.

Also, what is the "CW"?
The bastard love child of the WB and UPN.

For the first 5 seasons, I thought Supernatural was one of the best shows on network television and at times one of the funniest.

Dec 12, 2007
UPN had Homeboys from Outer Space and Shasta McNasty.

WB had 7th Heaven. CW had the final season.
The WB was both the morning and night programs if I'm not mistaken.

I remember the Animaniacs breaking the 4th wall and saying "WB" several times.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Her dad didn’t praise her enough! Surely we can all relate to that, no matter what side of the political debate we fall on.
And sadly she'll never be able to tell her father she's Batwomyn.

Actually that could be potential for a mildly amusing gag. Her father could like be watching a news story on Batwomyn and say to her like "you should be more like her" and then her wanting to kill him.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I wonder which earth they will put her on. Id guess the same one as supergirl since they have already mentioned batman, but that limits their opinions.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I wonder which earth they will put her on. Id guess the same one as supergirl since they have already mentioned batman, but that limits their opinions.
Are supergirl and green arrow on different earths?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Are supergirl and green arrow on different earths?
Yup. SG, superman, Martian Ma nhunter, and "the guy in Gotham" are on a separate earth.

Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick and Zoom are E2.