BBQ Thread

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Found a BBQ thread in the search but it seemed like that was specifically tailored for people who own charcoal grills and want to cook bbq on them.

This is general BBQ thread. Post general BBQ things.

I've been eating a shitload of BBQ lately so I decided to make this thread to tell you that I am so happy to have an Earl's Rib Palace five minutes away from me. I have been eating this stuff at least once a week.

They officially know me over there. I have a "usual." (Ribs & Brisket w/ fried okra and potato salad, and a gallon of tea for the fridge).

It ain't the best BBQ in the world, but it's the best I can get in the area. http://www.earlsribpalace.com/

Billy Sims also has a place that I hear is really good. I haven't tried it yet. Apparently whenever people meet the guy, he always plugs his restaurant. Imagine if Norton, whenever someone asked for a picture, he told the person where his next gig was. Then did the same to the next person in line for a picture. Pretty much how Billy Sims does it.

http://billysimsbbq.com/

Anyway, if you like BBQ, post here. If you don't, you're a faggot.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I love me some pulled poke (extra spicy sauce) and some motherfuckin sweet tea

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
there is a bbq joint right around the corner from me called "pig out" man its good

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I make my own very often. Love pulled pork. Just whipped
up some BBQ turkey from leftovers. Simmered in Sweet Baby
Ray's and then poured over fresh noodles. Made several days
worth of lunches out of it.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Best I ever had was at a dumpy little place in Columbus Georgia.
Can't even give you an address and I know they don't have a web site.
It's just a small, hole in the wall place that friends of ours know about.

As for making my own, I love Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.
I use that for most of my bbqing.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I still have to try Sweet Lucy's in northeast Philly.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Rosie's BBQ on Old York Road in Jenkintown is worth checking out also.

Another new place that's pretty good is Fat Jack's @ Red Lion & Roosevelt Boulevard. Tiny place but good eats...

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
I don't think I have seen true BBQ up here in the North East. I spent a couple months in South Carolina in the early 80's, and REAL BBQ is fucking amazing.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I don't think I have seen true BBQ up here in the North East. I spent a couple months in South Carolina in the early 80's, and REAL BBQ is fucking amazing.
Hey, The McRib IS REAL BBQ Mister!!!!! :action-sm

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Really? Do you go to NYC at all.

Hill Country

Blue Smoke

Daisy May's

All three of those places are really good.

Most interesting BBQ I have ever eaten. I had BBQED Fried Chicken in this place in North Carolina. They fry their chicken. Then dip it in the Carolina bbq sauce. Then fry it a second time. Holy Crap was it good.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
There is not such thing as "BBQED Fried Chicken" sir. That would be "grilled" chicken.

REAL BBQ is a pork shoulder slow cooked/smoked. There is "wet" and "dry" variations of this. I prefer the dry version with sauce on the side to dunk.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
There is not such thing as "BBQED Fried Chicken" sir. That would be "grilled" chicken.

REAL BBQ is a pork shoulder slow cooked/smoked. There is "wet" and "dry" variations of this. I prefer the dry version with sauce on the side to dunk.
They call it BBQ fried Chicken Sir. It's not GRILLED. It's fried chicken in the vinegar carolina bbbq sauce. No grilling was involved. So it cant be called grilled chicken.

Thanks for telling me what real BBQ is sir. I only went to a bbq school in carolina for 3 days. So had no idea what it was all about.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Oklahoma Joe's and Arthur Bryant's. Two places that should always be mentioned in a bbq thread.

This is an Arthur Bryant's sammich. But if you tip the negroes working the line a few bucks, you should see the goodness.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Oklahoma Joe's and Arthur Bryant's. Two places that should always be mentioned in a bbq thread.
Arthur Bryant's is really good.

And best ribs ever - 17th st station in Illinois.

Big Bob Gibsons - white bbq sauce chicken and pulled pork are really good too.

And the one town in Texas - lockhart has a shit load of great bbq places

I hit up a bunch of bbq places when I used to travel a lot for work.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
You can call it whatever you want. Real BBQ is not chicken. If they called it a "neutron bomb" would it be one????

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
You can call it whatever you want. Real BBQ is not chicken. If they called it a "neutron bomb" would it be one????
Do you realize how foolish you sound here.

Then why is chicken a category in BBQ competitions?

You usually see 4 meat categories in these competitions - ribs, brisket, chopped prok and chicken.

I guess they should rename the American Royal BBQ competition then

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I've been to Rack and Soul in Harlem. Fucking Delicious.

http://www.rackandsoul.com/

258 W 109th St New York, NY 10025

I've been to Arthur Bryants in Kansas City and that was good too. Alot of people I went with preferred Jacks Stacks but Arthur Bryants was better in my opinion. I didn't care for Gates too much.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Head country sauce is the best.

I've had Billy Sims BBQ many times. Its pretty darn good. The smell stays with you, so I quit going. It is like getting a spray of BBQ Cologne.

coolyellowbus

May 4, 2005
Living in a nation of Earls
Love smoing my own BBQ as well! I tried a few BBQ joints down south recently and its just not the same as when you make it yourself.

pretty much this. I don't profess to be a champion pit master but anyone who has ever eaten my ribs all claim they are the best they ever tasted.

shuganuts

Not SHWOOGIE nuts!!
Feb 17, 2005
Where they lose 4 straight Superbowls
Dinosaur BBQ is the best I've had. Started in Syracuse, ny..... I know,hear me out. There's now one in Rochester and manhattan. Recently on the show Roland mentioned it as the place to go in NYC. He supposedly knows all where restaurants are concerned. Everything there is unbelievable.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I know it's a long shot, but anyone know a good place in the Seattle area?