OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Be Honest ....

Discussion in 'Classic Opie & Anthony General Discussion' started by Mr. Wacky, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Mr. Wacky

Mr. Wacky Registered User

... when this contract's up in a year, will SiriusXM have them back?
    It's bad enough Ant's making somewhere around $900K.
    Maybe next time around, they'll offer an amount that they will find unacceptable.

And if they don't come back, will Ant have devoloped LFTC enough
    that Ope gives it his approval & they go that route?

Discuss.

2. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

I think LFTC is pretty well developed. Nothing spells profit like two drunks in a crumbling relationship screaming at each other.

And I don't like the "Be Honest" title for this thread. This isn't really the type of thing you can be honest about. Isn't it all speculation? Can speculation be honest?

I believe they'll re-sign, and the day after they re-sign, we'll have to hear how it's only one year, two years, whatever until they won't re-sign again.

3. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

I don't know where that number comes from, but I wouldn't mind making 900k to tell jokes for 4 hrs a day, 44 weeks a year. I think they'll stay as long as they're getting that kind of money, and at the same time they are a relative bargain for Sirius despite the headaches the show gives them.

I don't think a podcast or internet show will ever be a viable option for them. That's a game for the young

4. Frankie_b

Frankie_b Talk softly and drive a big tank!

choo be trolliin?

they'll be back, with howie seeming more like hes done and OnA pulling in some of his fans it be a good move to keep them and put them not centre stage but...but more front n centre.

5. LiddyRules

As I've said before, the only way I can imagine a podcast type show working for them is if they become part of the Smodcast or something similar, and even then they would need to take a drastic pay cut.

6. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

Nonsense, Danny hasn't been on LFTC for a while now.

7. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

There is no fucking way that either of them are turning down any offer that Siriusxm gives them. Sure, podcasts have no restrictions and or bosses/lawyers fucking with everything but what the hell are either of them qualified to do outside yapping into a microphone?

8. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

I was about to agree with you but then I remembered how much wishful thinking/bias/hope I have as a fan of the show. I think that taps into not just the hope thing, but a belief that it's a great show and it should be in much higher demand than the probable reality. Which is that sirius doesn't seem to like them all that much and could easily live without them, unlike me.

(cue doesnt-get-exaggerations-guy saying "you can't live without them??")

9. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

SiriusXM is the worst gig in radio... except for all the others.

There isn't much money to be made in radio, and there's less and less every day. O and/or A would be fools to turn down an offer of equal or close to what they're currently making... because it's the best they're going to get based on the state radio in general, and of shock jockery in particular, today.

Oh, I just noticed you wanted me to be honest. In that case... yes, SiriusXM will offer the boys eleventy kajillion dollars to re-sign, and they're worth every penny.

10. Dikbag

Dikbag Registered User

if O&A ends I HONESTLY think Opie may make appearances on LFTC but won't be a part of it regularly, but on his own accord.

11. ughh

ughh Registered User

I would wager they stay on the air. Opie is vain, he genuinely thinks he DESERVES to be famous.

Anthony is alcoholic party animal with a gambling addiction. He will pull an MC Hammer and be back knocking tin in six months if his money is cut off.

Sirrius are greedy monopolist fascists. They will fuck over the boys simply because they have nowhere to turn. The corporate overlords of terrestrial radio will simply not take the risk of repeated 6 figure FCC fines, and constant heat from self anointed PC police like Al Sharpton and that catholic league boy toucher that got them fired for sex for sam. (Sorry I forget his name I have been drinking since lunch time.)

12. Dikbag

Dikbag Registered User

really, If it were possible to breakdown how many subscribers they were responsible for vs Howard compared to salary. They could/should be making alot more.

13. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

True but that was never a good argument. I'm not saying he deserves it all, but most of Stern's contract exists because of his name. It's a marketing/investor kind of deal. Stern is part O&A, part Eminem/Martha Stewart/etc. And the latter part has a much higher end.

14. oldmandick

oldmandick My Button is Bigger Than Your Button!
    Donator

If a few sheckels less than a mil is bad enough, what's good enough?

Why does Anthony need Opie's approval to not make a dime on a high-quality internet toy?

15. oldmandick

Donator

Knocking tin and humping golf bags.

16. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

I hope they don't re-sign so I can stop giving money to Sirius.

17. LiddyRules

And one of them isn't even qualified to do that.

*wavey guy*

18. oldmandick

Donator

Oh you! Stop picking on Anthony.

19. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

If stern leaves I think the company will try to keep them, but not too hard. If they resign it will be for less money. But they have a chance to pull in some listeners from Howards base so it would be a good move for them. Take what they offer and be glad.

20. LiddyRules

That's half right.

21. DR. Jimcy M.E.

Personally I hope they leave and make some kind of pay-to-listen podcast.

22. Larz

Larz ****Self-Banned****
    It's My Birthday!

This seems way low, where are you pulling the number from? Sure as hell isn't the level of F-U money that Opie hints at.

I always assumed they were in the 3-5 mil neighborhood (each).

23. LiddyRules

How long do you think that would last considering the odds of them getting new listeners would be slim to none?

Actually, let me change this around a bit since we've been through this debate before. How will a podcast differ from the show we have now? Like what benefits would there be to them going the podcast route? What can't they do now would they be able to do in podcast form?

24. ughh

ughh Registered User

You think the boys are going to get up every day to do a podcast? Neither one of them seem to have an once of discipline. I would imagine it might start off ok, but soon it is going to be once a month, one every few months etc.... Plus who is going to want to come onto a Podcast. You think Bill Burr or Jim Jefferies is going to want to fly out from LA to be on a fucking podcast?

25. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

Podcasts aren't live. They have to get up eventually anyway.

Those guys don't come to exclusively do the show now. They do the show when they're doing NY/NJ gigs.