Be Kind Rewind

Oct 13, 2004
Westchester, NY
Alright so I went to the movies on Christmas (afterall, I am a Jew), and I saw a poster for this movie. I never heard of it, so I watched the trailer online. Gotta say, it looks silly, but it's probably really funny. I really Eternal Sunshine so this is probably gonna be a hit for me. What do you all think of this?

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2IugKepxOyY[/media]

"Jerry (Jack Black) is a junkyard worker who attempts to sabotage a power plant he suspects of causing his headaches. But he inadvertently causes his brain to become magnetized, leading to the unintentional destruction of all the movies in his friend's (Mos Def) store. In order to keep the store's one loyal customer, an elderly lady with a tenuous grasp on reality, the pair re-create a long line of films including The Lion King, Rush Hour, Ghostbusters, When We Were Kings, Back to the Future, Driving Miss Daisy, and Robocop , putting themselves and their townspeople into it. They become the biggest stars in their neighborhood."

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm looking forward to it. I'm a fan of Michel Gondry (loved Sunshine and Science of Sleep) and of Jack Black (who I thought was surprisingly good in Margot at the Wedding). Im definitely seeing this one.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I love Michel Gondry and Mos Def, I'll put up with Jack Black to see this.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Who rents Video Tapes anymore? It must be a period piece.