Beacon of Tolerance: GLAAD has NY Post Ceremoniously Banned from Event

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Full Story

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...glaad-honor-anderson-cooper-article-1.1291364

It was a gay (and lesbian) old time at the 24th annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards, where Madonna called for revolution, and NFL players, newscasters, “Jersey Shore” stars and Honey Boo Boo joined in the chant for civil rights................Noticeably not in attendance was crosstown rival the New York Post. During the presentation, GLAAD President Herndon Graddick got a huge ovation after announcing he’d banned the conservative paper from his event due to what he sees as a history of insensitivity toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
“GLAAD has no interest in supporting their business anymore,” Graddick says. “For years, I’ve seen (civil rights) play out like it’s left wing versus right wing. That’s bulls—.”
So enlighten, where in the NY Post have they taken a position of insensitivity on the GLBT community?

Dec 12, 2007
So enlighten, where in the NY Post have they taken a position on insensitivity on the GLBT community?
Well there's that famous article by Allen Funterberg called "Queers, fags and how to drag them behind trucks". I thought it was unbiased.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
During the presentation, GLAAD PresidentHerndon Graddick got a huge ovation after announcing he’d banned the conservative paper from his event due to what he sees as a history of insensitivity toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
That sure is the best strategy to win over people who are insensitive towards you - give them more reasons to be insensitive towards you.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
He should have banned the Post charging $1 for a weekday edition of the paper.

I used to buy it everyday when it was $0.25 not that long ago. Now I just get it free online.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
They are intolerant of intolerance. I'm always amazed how they don't see the irony of blasting the boy scouts for banning gay tranny lesbians from joining and then they do the same thing to people who don't have the same beliefs as them. How can you expect others to be "accepting" if you can't be accepting.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards, where Madonnacalled for revolution, and NFL players, newscasters, “Jersey Shore” stars and Honey Boo Boo joined in the chant for civil rights...
With that kind of guest list, The New York Post should be honored that they were banned. Then again, maybe GLAAD was just worried about the event reaching critical douchebag mass.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Well there's that famous article by Allen Funterberg called "Queers, fags and how to drag them behind trucks". I thought it was unbiased.
I didn't care for that article, but only because in was in the business section despite not explaining how I could diversify my stocks.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
You'd think they'd spend that time bragging about how awesome it is that they're being overtly and warmly accepted and included everywhere you look.

Or maybe you wouldn't. Does it really surprise anyone anymore that once someone with homo sapiens genes is victorious, all they want to do for the rest of their lives is stomp on whosoever gave them shit before their victory?

Lovely bunch of people, us homos.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Fez agrees totally with whatever GLAAD announced. No questions asked.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
And the Daily News should be banned for this hack line...

It was a gay (and lesbian) old time
Eeeeeeeeyugh.

They are essentially in the professional outrage business....as most of these groups are. It's even in their name (...Against Defamation). They need people to continue making insensitive remarks in order to stay relevant. It's good for business (which is what it is) and pays the bills and lines the pockets.

And with people becoming more and more tolerant and more open to gay rights these days...the outrage groups are running out of things to get outraged over. So they start taking things out of context and overblowing :rolleyes: remarks and they pit groups (conservatives) against other groups in order to keep their supporters "outraged" and hope that they can goad others into making remarks that they can get outraged over. It's a business.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
The Freddy Mercury column on the dangers of toothy blowjobs was quite enlightening.