Before the Devil Knows Your Dead

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I finally saw this movie this weekend. Sidney Lumit directed, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney and Marisa Tomei (who shows her tits for about half the movie). It was great. A very tragic crime drama with some terrific performances.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0292963/

Jun 17, 2005
Maryland
I saw it last week and thought it was great. Plus Marisa Tomei looked fucking amazing considering she's in her forties

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Agreed, I enjoyed it.
Marrissa Tomei is underworked.

Maybe because her biological clock is tickin ... LIKE THIS...

*stomp*

*stomp*

*stomp*

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
I will definitly see this once its released in Houston. Fucking tx

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Lumet is a living legend and a film god.

And yeah, Marisa Tomei at 43....YOWZA!!!

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
I finally saw this.. enjoyed the movie very much. terrific directing, amazing acting, very good story. but the side stories with Tomei, and the father could have been handled so much differently, as well as the ending. A tad disappointing but still a solid movie.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
I saw this a few weeks ago, and thought the script, acting, and direction were all flawless, it surprised me that this film didn't get more Oscar nods, (although I think There Will Be Blood deserves Best Picture). But, nonetheless, great film, definitely worth a viewing. Also, Marisa Tomei, no matter what age= amazingly sexy.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
I saw this a few weeks ago, and thought the script, acting, and direction were all flawless, it surprised me that this film didn't get more Oscar nods, (although I think There Will Be Blood deserves Best Picture). But, nonetheless, great film, definitely worth a viewing. Also, Marisa Tomei, no matter what age= amazingly sexy.
Nominations aren't announced for 2 more weeks. There's still hope.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Oscars are not the same as the Golden Globes.

Though I'm glad to see someone else here saw There Will Be Blood.
I loved "There Will Be Blood" sir, I would have seen it no matter what. I'm a huge movie buff, (I own 3,000 sum odd DVDs, and a couple thousand VHSs), and that fact makes me feel even stupider for getting uppity and posting that Golden Globes link without thinking about it.

Oh well, as they say in Latin:

"mea culpa".

H

Haulport

Lumet has made a good movie in a while...hope this is one.

I really want to see "Blood" but PT has burned me in the past big time (Magnolia anyone?)

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Lumet has made a good movie in a while...hope this is one.

I really want to see "Blood" but PT has burned me in the past big time (Magnolia anyone?)
I loved Magnolia. 3 hours and I will watch it everytime I see it on.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I loved Magnolia. 3 hours and I will watch it everytime I see it on.
With you on that. Magnolia was great.

I so didn't even know this thread was on here. I...aquired.. a DVD of Before the Devil Knows You're Dead about 2 months ago. Loved it. Thought it was waaaaaaaay better than No Country for Old Men, which everyone seems to want to get on their knees for.