Benazir Bhutto Dead

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
A bomb attack on her caravan left her dead.
No full story yet.
CNN.com said:
Reports: Benazir Bhutto dies

Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto has died, according to media reports. Bhutto's husband was quoted by Pakistan's GEO TV as saying she suffered a bullet wound to her neck after a suicide bombing that killed at least 14 supporters at a rally today. developing story

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
more info:
msnbc.com said:
MSNBC News Services
updated 53 minutes ago

RAWALPINDI, Pakistan - Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto was assassinated Thursday in a suicide bombing that also killed at least 20 others at a campaign rally, a party aide and a military official said.

Earlier, it was reported that Bhutto was in critical condition undergoing emergency surgery at Rawalpindi General Hospital.

An Associated Press reporter at the scene could see body parts and flesh scattered at the back gate of the Liaqat Bagh park where Bhutto had spoken. He counted about 20 bodies, including police, and could see many other wounded people.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
ABC News:
RAWALPINDI, Pakistan, December 27, 2007

Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto was killed in a gun and bomb attack after a rally in the city of Rawalpindi on Thursday, her party said.

"She has been martyred," said party offical Rehman Malik.

Police at the scene said about 15 people had been killed.

A Reuters witness said he saw about eight bodies on a road as well as a mutilated human head.

An Interior Ministry spokesman said initial reports suggested it was a suicide bombing and more than 10 people had been killed.

A suicide bomber killed nearly 150 people in an attack on Bhutto on Oct. 18 as she paraded through the southern city of Karachi after returning home from eight years in self-imposed exile.

Earlier, gunmen opened fire on supporters of another former prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, from an office of the party that supports President Pervez Musharraf, killing four Sharif supporters, police said.

Sharif was several kilometres away from the shooting and was on his way to Rawalpindi after attending a rally.

Sharif, who was overthrown by Musharraf in a 1999 coup and allowed back into the country just last month after seven years in exile, blamed supporters of the pro-Musharraf party for the violence.

But a spokesman for the party denied that its workers were involved.

The shooting occurred near an office of the pro-Musharraf Pakistan Muslim League (Q).

"Somebody from inside the election office opened fire," said senior police official ShahidNadeem Baloch.

"But I can't say they were Q people," he said, referring to the pro-Musharraf party. "It's an election office and lots of people sit there during election time."

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
That shit is crazy over there... But, considering Pakistan is where Bin Laden is supposedly hiding, is anyone suprised?

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
this is actually quite sad

I had been following events on the news about Pakistan for a few months and it seemed like she was the best hope for a voice of moderation. On one hand she had to fight Musasharif who has been holding onto power fir longer than he was supposed to and on the other there is a growing population of hardcore Islamic savages who were burning down anything considered "western" such as music stores, beating women publicly for not covering their heads, drinking establishments (Pakistan is a modern city, not like cities in Iran, Iraq etc).

Its obvious the latter group are the ones who did this. But I sooo hope no one holds it against Muslims because.....like......Islam is the religion of peace and all :icon_roll

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
my first thought was/is this: "an open motorcade in Pakistan?"

bad idea jeans.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
this is actually quite sad

I had been following events on the news about Pakistan for a few months and it seemed like she was the best hope for a voice of moderation. On one hand she had to fight Musasharif who has been holding onto power fir longer than he was supposed to and on the other there is a growing population of hardcore Islamic savages who were burning down anything considered "western" such as music stores, beating women publicly for not covering their heads, drinking establishments (Pakistan is a modern city, not like cities in Iran, Iraq etc).

Its obvious the latter group are the ones who did this. But I sooo hope no one holds it against Muslims because.....like......Islam is the religion of peace and all :icon_roll
I wouldn't be surprised if Musharraf's ISI had a hand in this too. BBC this morning said three shots were fired from a building housing offices of Musharraf's party just before the suicide bombing. Musharraf has used the terrorists to his advantage before. No reason to think he wouldn't use them again.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
were fucked this is going to be a problem.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
I say we engage in some "parking lot diplomacy". If they don't do what we want them to, we should turn their country into a parking lot.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I say we engage in some "parking lot diplomacy". If they don't do what we want them to, we should turn their country into a parking lot.
It's easier to say "Fuck you" and then leave. No more Foreign Aid, no more bullshit.

Redelta 88

Freeplay Convert
Dec 2, 2005
Ontariario
Why the hell did she stick her head out of the sunroof anyway? Must have seemed like a good idea at the time.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Don't forget Pakistan has nuclear missles, not sure of the range though. Can't let the extremists take over or the region is really fucked.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
She seems like she could have been pretty hot like 20 or so years ago.