best buy stops selling 80gb ps3

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Best Buy must be run by "xbox fanbois" who are afraid of how 2008 will be the year of the PS3.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
a white ps3?

like... to make it look more like a 360 and a Wii?

Christ. Either companies are completely retarded to think that the color of the system affects sales, or video game fans are just a LOT dumber than I give them credit for :)

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
a white ps3?

Christ. Either companies are completely retarded to think that the color of the system affects sales, or video game fans are just a LOT dumber than I give them credit for :)
Its not the gaming community you gota worry about. It's your average consumer thats the dumb fuck.

bigtobacco

Corey Feldman is Hurting...
May 2, 2006
Western Maryland
Gamers are a lot dumber than they are given credit for. Especially the Japanese ones. It seems like there's a big sales spike on those Nintendo DS units every time a new color is announced.

The 160GB hard drive sounds like a probable replacement, though it would most likely lack backwards compatibility and mirror the functionality of the current 40GB. The inability to play upscaled PS2 games is just absurd.

A price is drop has also been rumored, probably to coincide with the new model. Similar to when the 80 GB replaced the 60 GB.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
a white ps3?

Well the Nintendo Wii and Xbox are both white. So, maybe people prefer the whites :action-sm

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
The 160GB hard drive sounds like a probable replacement, though it would most likely lack backwards compatibility and mirror the functionality of the current 40GB.
Don't forget that you can simply buy a 160gb Seagate ATA hard drive and use an external hard drive to back up your current HD so you can just move it back to the new one once it's installed.

You're warranty stays intact as well. This does not void your warranty since it's just the hard drive.

Just remember to backup your hard drive on an external or you won't have fuck on your PS3 once you install the new 160gb drive.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F4C0RW/?tag=wackbagcom-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000L4D54S/?tag=wackbagcom-20

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The PS3 appears to be a better built machine then the ShitBox 360, IMO. I really like the touch sensitive buttons to power it on and eject the disc's.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
The PS3 appears to be a better built machine then the ShitBox 360, IMO. I really like the touch sensitive buttons to power it on and eject the disc's.
Shhh! You're rattling the 360 fanboy's cage!

I'll say it again...I'd rather have a gaming system that likely won't die and 5 games I like, rather than a gaming system that could crap out and 15 games I like.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
a white ps3?

I would settle for them just squaring up the PS3 a bit and making it look a little better than that round piece of shit looking thing they have now. color doesn't make a damn to me.

On that note, I think I am going to buy a PS3 in the next few weeks when I see what their plan is and because I want to play Rachet and Clank and Drake's Fortune.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I would settle for them just squaring up the PS3 a bit and making it look a little better than that round piece of shit looking thing they have now. color doesn't make a damn to me.

On that note, I think I am going to buy a PS3 in the next few weeks when I see what their plan is and because I want to play Rachet and Clank and Drake's Fortune.
If you're wanting to buy an 80gb PS3 then you need to do it now while there are still supplies in stores. If not you may be stuck with the 40gb until they ship a new SKU or something.

There is a message to stores that they got telling them there wouldn't be anymore 80gbs shipped.

They are still selling the 40gbs though. And people most likely won't be talking about future plans until they get rid of the 80s on the shelves. There is word that SCEA will issue a statement about the matter on their web site forums sometime soon. Who knows exactly when that will be except SCEA

If you don't care about the card readers and the ps2 compatability then it doesn't matter. Like I said before, you can always just upgrade your hard drive to 160gb for about $100. It's terribly simple to do. There is a "backup" feature on the XMB that you select to save your files to an external drive while you switch the internal hard drives.

Don't forget that SCEA also said that when they came out with the 40gb model that it could become the sole console model, but they could also come out with new models. So, people will just have to get over the fact of not being able to play old PS2 games on the PS3.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Again, you're buying a next gen system to play next gen games. If you want to play PS2 games, buy a PS2 or use the one you probably already have.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Again, you're buying a next gen system to play next gen games. If you want to play PS2 games, buy a PS2 or use the one you probably already have.
That's my argument for it as well but there are a bunch of fucking crybabies that for some reason love the shitty blocky graphics of old games. The only old games I play are MGS and GTA when I get bored.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Backwards compatibility is a topping. Not the dessert. It's nice to have for those who don't want a ton of consoles laying around their house. It's why people have NES ROMs... and it has nothing to do with piracy.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Backwards compatibility is a topping. Not the dessert. It's nice to have for those who don't want a ton of consoles laying around their house. It's why people have NES ROMs... and it has nothing to do with piracy.
And it's not like they can't go buy a used PS3 for like $20 at a game shop.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
A used PS2 is 100$. But that's not the point. It's one of convenience. Don't get me wrong, it's not like having to share a needle but more like a prostate exam.

Just like with the PS3 not being able to output bitstream HD audio across the HDMI(does PCM 7.1 just fine though). For guys who love audio that's a real sticking point but no one else cares. And realistically it's just a minor issue for most of them.