Best concealed holster for my M&P 40?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I'm in WA now, CCW permit is a mere $50 away. Need to get something to carry my M&P (full size, not -c or shield) 40 cal handgun around. Who makes the best ones? A brief web search suggested the Galco Kydex IWB holster might be a good choice. Thoughts?

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
When did you move?

Are you in a hurry for a holster right now?

If not, look at TT Gunleather. Tim made the rigs I use for both my P7 and my 229, and I have been very happy with them. Both guns ride in a TT Gunleather Slim IWB holster.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
When did you move?

Are you in a hurry for a holster right now?

If not, look at TT Gunleather. Tim made the rigs I use for both my P7 and my 229, and I have been very happy with them. Both guns ride in a TT Gunleather Slim IWB holster.

I think I need to wait 30 days to establish "residency" before I can apply.

I have been working in Western Washington since early May. In mid-June, my company asked me if I wanted to relocate here "permanently" (as permanently as my job allows) and we agreed to pack up the house. Family came up last weekend and we are waiting for our stuff to get here right now. My new project is building a new wharf for submarines at the Kitsap Naval Base here in Washington.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I think I need to wait 30 days to establish "residency" before I can apply.

I have been working in Western Washington since early May. In mid-June, my company asked me if I wanted to relocate here "permanently" (as permanently as my job allows) and we agreed to pack up the house. Family came up last weekend and we are waiting for our stuff to get here right now. My new project is building a new wharf for submarines at the Kitsap Naval Base here in Washington.

Nice! At least Washington is somewhat less retarded in terms of gun laws than California. You can finally take that fucking bullet button off your AR.

Since you have a little time, I would really suggest getting in touch with Tim. According to his website, he's currently running at 12 weeks from order to shipping, but it is well worth it.

THIS is the model I was referring to earlier. $110 (includes shipping, unless something has changed) for a custom leather holster is a screaming deal, especially since Tim is a one-man operation.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
Congrats on getting the fuck out of Cali Mayr. I almost made the mistake of moving to San DIego a couple of years ago but while looking for a place out there I "learned some things" about all the nanny state horse shit. And not just the gun laws either. Holy fuck-a-roni am I glad I never made that move.

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
Oklahoma
I just ordered a DeSantis speed scabbard for my m&p9c. i had to try something different because i dont like IWB