Best XM channel for a beer warehouse?

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Here in PA, beer that you take home can only be sold by the 6-pack at special restaurants, or by the case at special "beer warehouses".

Thinking of buying one/opening up a beer warehouse.

Since I figure O&A listeners are pretty much the target demographic for selling shitloads of beer, which XM music channel would you figure would be best for one of these places? None of the XL channels, since at least some fucking housewives will be coming through...

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
If not 202 or 48, then go with 46 or something like that. You can never go wrong with classic rock I suppose.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Any of the ones broadcasting College Football on Saturday(but know the local faves)...Rest of the week..The 90's, or whatever plays 80's hair Metal...

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
This states does things in a strange way as far as alcohol sales go.

Booze (pretty much anything non-beer) is only available at a "state store" which recently have all been names "Wine & Spirits" shops. The state owns them. They are the only (legal) source for hard liquor, wine, etc. You can buy beer, wine coolers, 40's of malt-liquor, and stuff like that by the case at what is generally called a "beer distributor" by most people. Bars or other places with a takeout license can sell 6-packs, 12-packs, or quarts/40's. You'll pay more, but it's your only source late at night and up until recently, on a Sunday. Most "beer distributor" places usually close by 8, maybe 9PM at the latest. Until recently, they weren't allowed to be open on Sundays. So, if you didn't think ahead and buy beer on Saturday for your football party on Sunday, you were forced to pay the higher "bar" prices for a 6-pack or 12-pack. But now, the ol "beer distributor" can be open on Sunday.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I am not sure. When I was in college, the ones closest to the campus closed at 7PM but on a Friday night there was one a little further away that was open to 9PM. The ones around here are generally open to 9PM as far as I know.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Blue laws in Scranton and Wilkes Barre meant closed by 10 on Friday...(unless they are close to a college and got a special license) 5 pm on Saturday, totally closed Sundays at least last year...

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
PA blows. We were at a wedding in S. Carolina and we asked the concierge where the closes beer distibuter was. First he asked what the hell that was, then asked us why we didn't just go to the grocery store.

PA laws are lightening big time. There is a high-end grocery store chain called Vidalia that opened their first store in Lansdale, which is like 40-60 minutes outside Philly. They have a HUGE selection of imports and microbrews available for take out or enjoying in their food court. Their prices are more than a distributor but a little cheaper than at a bar. Very few bars will have the selection Vidailia has in any event.

There's also a law in state legislature that will likely be approved and will allow distributors to sell six- packs. MADD supports it as well as the distributors so theres little to no opposition.

We drifted slightly of topic, so I say that I'd play Lucy, Deep Tracks, or Bluesville. Although if I owned a beer distributorship my formidable taste for the hops would account for 75% of my overhead and I'd have to forgo the XM.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I would go with something non-offensive that would make the employees happy, too. Happy employees treat the customers better, and that's really what it's all about.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
I would go with something non-offensive that would make the employees happy, too. Happy employees treat the customers better, and that's really what it's all about.
That's part of what's driving this for me.

My current, and soon-to-be-shut-down, business has 2 really phenomenal employees. If I have a beer distributorship, they'll have jobs and I won't have any worries: neither of them seriously drinks, and both are highly trustworthy.

With those 2 to keep an eye on things, assuming I can get a liquor license and assuming the area develops the way it's expected to, I'll be raking it in.

Fuck the people who don't want Walmarts: when one FINALLY opens up where my business is, I'll be making shitloads more money than I would have with the old business, with 10% of the headaches.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
That's part of what's driving this for me.

My current, and soon-to-be-shut-down, business has 2 really phenomenal employees. If I have a beer distributorship, they'll have jobs and I won't have any worries: neither of them seriously drinks, and both are highly trustworthy.

With those 2 to keep an eye on things, assuming I can get a liquor license and assuming the area develops the way it's expected to, I'll be raking it in.

Fuck the people who don't want Walmarts: when one FINALLY opens up where my business is, I'll be making shitloads more money than I would have with the old business, with 10% of the headaches.
where in PA? i would definitely support a beer distributor thats a O&A fan

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Does New Jersey have a similar law? When we were in Wildwood last month we wanted to buy beer and went to a local supermarket only to be told that we to go to the distributor across the street.

Back on topic:

What about the MLB channels? And if you can translate it into spanish to the spanish channels too - judging by what I see on the front lawns in my neighborhood, those illegals love their beer.

krispykreme

Jun 23, 2005
Yes, PA laws are really f'ed up! I recall being on vacation and wanting booze, and having to deal with this shit.

Also, explain why they are allowed to have fireworks stores, literally warehouse sized, on the NJ border, and can sell anything, absolutely anything, to people from other states. If you are from PA, you can't buy anything there.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I'm not sure what the laws in NJ are. Some supermarkets have a liquor department, some don't. When I was a young un I remember our local food store had a small corner with beer (& wine, I think) and the only stipulation was that it couldn't be sold before 11am on Sunday (or something silly like that).

voxy rotten

Aug 28, 2005
Johnstown PA
Ethel on 47 and Lucy on 54 are actually the 2 channels they played over the house system when I worked at Circuit City. Both were not very annoying, played lots of music that people actually liked without being too offensive. Those would be my top picks, as well. Even though if it were upto just me and not being worried about pissing people off, it would be 202 all day and occasionally Fungus 53.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
where in PA? i would definitely support a beer distributor thats a O&A fan
A few hours from you, if you're in Bristol. I don't want to get more specific: there's an existing beer depot place in the same town, and I'd basically be trying to drive them out of business. Don't want to tip my hand just yet, you know?

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I use the loft/cafe or big tracks in a private restaurant system I built.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I use the loft/cafe or big tracks in a private restaurant system I built.
That's probably the best bet for stations.

This states does things in a strange way as far as alcohol sales go.

Booze (pretty much anything non-beer) is only available at a "state store" which recently have all been names "Wine & Spirits" shops. The state owns them. They are the only (legal) source for hard liquor, wine, etc. You can buy beer, wine coolers, 40's of malt-liquor, and stuff like that by the case at what is generally called a "beer distributor" by most people. Bars or other places with a takeout license can sell 6-packs, 12-packs, or quarts/40's. You'll pay more, but it's your only source late at night and up until recently, on a Sunday. Most "beer distributor" places usually close by 8, maybe 9PM at the latest. Until recently, they weren't allowed to be open on Sundays. So, if you didn't think ahead and buy beer on Saturday for your football party on Sunday, you were forced to pay the higher "bar" prices for a 6-pack or 12-pack. But now, the ol "beer distributor" can be open on Sunday.
That's why I'm so glad to live 10 minutes from Delaware. I can get everything
I need in one place and it's cheaper than PA with all the f'ed up taxes that
they put on alcohol like this one:

The "Johnstown Flood" Tax
Many of you have probably heard of the 1889 Johnstown Flood, one of the worst natural disasters in United States history. What you may not know, however, is that another great flood hit Johnstown in March 1936, a flood that is still taxing Pennsylvania alcohol sales.

Originally created to channel emergency relief funds to victims of the Johnstown Flood, the Johnstown Flood Tax is a 10 percent temporary tax that was placed on the sale of all alcohol in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It was only supposed to last a few years to raise the $41 million necessary to rebuild the community - an effort that was achieved by the end of 1942. Nearly 70 years later, that tax is still in place and now stands at 18 percent (before the statewide 6% sales tax is tacked on).

The near $200 million collected annually no longer goes to flood victims, however, instead going into the general fund for lawmakers to use as they see fit. A temporary tax that has overstayed its welcome.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Top Tracks - 46. For that type of place definitely. Sometimes you can switch around to 49, 40, 70's maybe, 80's. I go to a deli that has Sirius. They always play those type of channels. For the most part, the classic rock genre.