TV Better Call Saul - Mondays on AMC

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Who's fucking pumped?!?!?!?

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
i do hope they cut to the present and show what became of Jesse and everybody else.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
i do hope they cut to the present and show what became of Jesse and everybody else.
LOL no.

Cranston and Paul will not be in this show. This is a prequel.

My guess is the finale of the show will feature "Mr. Mayhew."

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
LOL no.

Cranston and Paul will not be in this show. This is a prequel.

My guess is the finale of the show will feature "Mr. Mayhew."
i know it's a prequel. i just think a couple of sessions in they should do that, do a scene in the present and show what happened to Jesse & Saul.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
The more I see of this the more I'm worried about it not being very good. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just can't get excited about it.

TravisRB69

Mar 6, 2006
Sidney, MT
Well judging by the commercial for it that we're forced to see 12 times every single commercial break: It's showtime! Also - YOOOOOOOOUUUUU...... WILLLLLLLL....... ATONE!!!! And lots of staring intently at phone booths out in the middle of the desert for no descernible reason will all ensue.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
The more I see of this the more I'm worried about it not being very good. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just can't get excited about it.
That's about how I feel. I'll watch. I didn't much care for Saul on Breaking Bad, but I'll give Vince Gilligan the benefit of the doubt.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
i know it's a prequel. i just think a couple of sessions in they should do that, do a scene in the present and show what happened to Jesse & Saul.
They have confirmed many times that Cranston will only be involved as a director, and that no part of the Breaking Bad storyline will be mentioned.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
They have confirmed many times that Cranston will only be involved as a director, and that no part of the Breaking Bad storyline will be mentioned.

I don't need any part of the Breaking Bad storyline in the Saul show(it would be nice). I believe that with the same writers the show will progress in just as the same way Breaking Bad moved along. The AMC, the writers and producers know what a phenomenon BB was and will try to re-create the same thing. BB just ran its course and it was time to end .

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
BB just ran its course and it was time to end .

It didn't "run its course." Gilligan created the show with the intention of ending it in five seasons. The plan was to have a beginning, middle, and end and not drag it out like other drama series. That's why it was so revolutionary. It was a complete story.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
It didn't "run its course." Gilligan created the show with the intention of ending it in five seasons. The plan was to have a beginning, middle, and end and not drag it out like other drama series. That's why it was so revolutionary.

That's what I meant by run it's course. They started a story and then the story was done. Like in a race, you start a race course and then the finish line, then you cross it and you have finished the course.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005

That's what I meant by run it's course. They started a story and then the story was done. Like in a race, you start a race course and then the finish line, then you cross it and you have finished the course.
Usually if a show "runs its course" and is "time to end," that means they've been dragging on some bullshit story that viewers are no longer interested in. Like a show is fading.

A novel does not "run its course," it is completed. Concluded. The story ends at the appropriate time.

DEXTER, was a show that ran its course. WEEDS ran its course. Breaking Bad did exactly what was intended, which was to show us an epic transformation of a character and then end with a bang.

evan152

Nov 4, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
That's good, i'm pretty excited for this but i'm only on the fourth episode of Breaking Bad so hopefully i'll be able to follow it, seeing as I have no idea who Saul is yet.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
That's good, i'm pretty excited for this but i'm only on the fourth episode of Breaking Bad so hopefully i'll be able to follow it, seeing as I have no idea who Saul is yet.
The Saul reveal on BB is pretty satisfying but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
The show begins with a flash-forward of post-BB Saul

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
They better pick shit up because that bored me to death.