Beyond Fear (iced earth's (the ripper) local band

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
been listening to Beyond Fear a lot... if you like newer Iced, with the Ripper on vox, you'll like Beyond Fear... more of a "modern" metal, rather than iced's classic metal style... (which i will always love...)

but if you're not into Judas Priest/Iced Earth vocals, dont even bother...

www.myspace.com/beyondfear
www.myspace.com/timtheripperowens

[YT]cw3Hbc18qvo[/YT]

notables on the album:

scream machine
save me
telling lies
words of wisdom
my last words (i really like thsi one)

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I played the hell out of the album when I first got it last year. If you listen to alot of the lyrics, I think he has a little anger about the way it ended with Judas Priest. Also if you like Ripper, check out his earlier work, Wintersbane-Heart of a Killer.

Got One?

Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
I played the hell out of the album when I first got it last year. If you listen to alot of the lyrics, I think he has a little anger about the way it ended with Judas Priest. Also if you like Ripper, check out his earlier work, Wintersbane-Heart of a Killer.
i'll have to check it out... i know he was also in a grunge cover band in his earlier days, and also (surprise...) a priest coverband. cant' wait to see him when he comes to cleveland/akron with iced & fear. i actually see his brother every couple days at my work.

ok maybe i'm going out on a limb here, but i've always wondered what would happen if Barlow wanted back in to Iced... i'd say keep both singers and just alternate on lead lyrics, but both sing choruses to get the sound of the album choruses in there.

too bad barlow aint' gonna be back :( damn homeland security!!!!

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
i'll have to check it out... i know he was also in a grunge cover band in his earlier days, and also (surprise...) a priest coverband. cant' wait to see him when he comes to cleveland/akron with iced & fear. i actually see his brother every couple days at my work.

ok maybe i'm going out on a limb here, but i've always wondered what would happen if Barlow wanted back in to Iced... i'd say keep both singers and just alternate on lead lyrics, but both sing choruses to get the sound of the album choruses in there.

too bad barlow aint' gonna be back :( damn homeland security!!!!
In my opinion, Schafer would probably tell Barlow, thanks but no thanks. In an interview with Owens, he said that Schafer always wrote for singer like him, so I think he is pretty happy with the direction that Iced Earth is going in. The way I look at the Barlow vs Owens eras, I'm going to compare it to Ozzy vs Dio debate. Both great but different styles and happy with both eras of each band.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Iced Earth will always be one of my favorite bands...Barlow era, ripper era, they all kick ass.

I downloaded Ripper's solo album when it came out I never gave it a chance..I'll give it another GO.

Got One?

Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
ther'es a lot of people that don't like horrow show, and i don't get why... my alltime fave Iced song is dracula, but beginning to end it's a great album. damien, ghosts, frankenstein, dracula and phantom... and their maiden cover. one fo th best albums i know of.

i didnt' hear the jon interview about writing songs for tim's style... all he really did was tune his guitars down a few steps and it's fit for rippers voice. tim doesn't have the growly force that matt had, but i think tim's higher voice is more "right" sounding than matt's, who sounded like he had to reach more, maybe i was just used to matt's lower & louder voice. either way, i love both singers. it's like when burr wass 3rd mic on teh show... miss jimmy but love bill.... miss matt but love tim.

Got One?

Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
same here, better than the glorious burden, which i liked. especially the gettysburg album, i'll never get sick of that. have you ever seen them with the ripper? they "finished" with the wicked trilogy, and iced earth... then came back and did the entire gettysburg album.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I know I would've shit my pants....There touring this spring I think..Can't Effin Wait.

And naa I didn't see them on there last tour...I forgot Why.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
same here, better than the glorious burden, which i liked. especially the gettysburg album, i'll never get sick of that. have you ever seen them with the ripper? they "finished" with the wicked trilogy, and iced earth... then came back and did the entire gettysburg album.
I saw them on that tour and I had goosebumps when they were singing "Hold at All Costs" and the entire crowd was singing with them.