Bf2142

Stryker412

Feb 8, 2006
Ocean County, NJ
I've opened up a server that's running Ranked Titan 24/7. If anyone is interested I need help getting it populated during the day. Here's the server info:

AVS Ranked Titan 24/7
IP: 64.34.172.52:17576

The port is not the default port.

I checked pestgaming and there's no Titan server so I wasn't sure if it was ok to post my server here. If not, let me know and I'll delete the thread.

funnybonez

Registered abUser
Mar 22, 2005
Central Jerzee
Nah It's kwel... We will be making some radical changes with BF2142 Servers...

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
I'm still looking for a good FPS to play during the day. This a good one? Do a lot of pests play it?

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
I have Battlefield 2, haven't played it in months, though. I am thinking about getting 2142.

If I had no problem playing BF2 with fairly high settings, should I be ok with 2142?

I have an AMD 3200, Geforce 6600GT, 1 Gig of ram.

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
I have Battlefield 2, haven't played it in months, though. I am thinking about getting 2142.

If I had no problem playing BF2 with fairly high settings, should I be ok with 2142?

Swing over to Pestgaming and ask there. They can help you better than I could. It is more fun than BF2 though. Funnybonez was a BF2 hold out but finally switced over and now he plays that all the time.

T

ThunderPimp

No. BF2142 is a whole different ball game when it comes to stessing a system. Using the same settings it decreased performance 25-40% over BF2. Titan mode is the worst.

I bet you can still play the game.
I played on my 5+ year old PC, (no frills 2.4 P4, x800 @ 4xAGP) just fine. I was limited to smaller servers but those ran well.
Large servers were a no-no for me, and even small Titan servers ran rather poorly when I was on the Titan though.
It's really not that much more demanding than BF2 if you're talking about Conquest-mode.
If you had no problem playing BF2 with fairly high settings then you should be ok playing 2142-Conquest on maybe slightly lower settings.
Another gig of RAM would do you wonders though.
Your rig has better specs than my old PC and I put in hours and hours of 2142 time on that heap.

funnybonez

Registered abUser
Mar 22, 2005
Central Jerzee
I was playing BF2 on mid-low level settings. BF2142 runs pretty well.
Not into Titan as well. I like City Maps ie. Cerebre Landing and Gilbraltor. At first, my kd ratio was .39 now its up to 1.19.. Got to get use to the Guns.

As for Bird Flu.. Who's he?.. Never played with him. He begs on PG.com for a pal to play with on DOD. I heard he a loner...

Magnus is searching for his lost Mole.

Bullawsdan is a great to have on a squad. I use him as a front line gopher and watch him take fire so I can see where the shots are comming from.. hehehe..

Xfire me(funnyboner),Deltadeuce, Farside, or Pniggty. We play often from 9pm till 12am...

PS I don't play BF2 anymore, but you can xfire TreefortRichard or MonsterDump. They play often on our RRHOA server..

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
I played on my 5+ year old PC, (no frills 2.4 P4, x800 @ 4xAGP) just fine. I was limited to smaller servers but those ran well.
Large servers were a no-no for me, and even small Titan servers ran rather poorly when I was on the Titan though.
It's really not that much more demanding than BF2 if you're talking about Conquest-mode.
If you had no problem playing BF2 with fairly high settings then you should be ok playing 2142-Conquest on maybe slightly lower settings.
Your rig has better specs than my old PC and I put in hours and hours of 2142 time on that heap.
I hear Bird_flu will be making a dramatic come back once his schedule changes back to normal. :action-sm

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada

I was thinking of putting in another gig, so I'll do that, then try the demo. Ram is so fucking cheap now.

Thanks.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Nov 11, 2001
the hell is a Titan server?

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I switched our server back to running mixed maps with titan and conquest. When the new map comes out i can start a new server dedicated to that map.

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
the hell is a Titan server?
Some servers are Titan only. Titan mode is a when each team has an air ship and the object is to destroy the other team's Titan. The problem most players have is that when the Titans are moving or get close to each other the frame rates drop. Its a pretty cool game mode. It involves boarding the ther teams ship in order to take it down from the inside out.

[OnA]UncleMo

Jun 27, 2007
Parker CO
Our titan server just never got popular. There's talk of reviving it for a bit but, I think I can speak for many Pests when I say that we're ready for the next good game. Insurgency is lookin' like a nice HL2 mod and is being released this weekend. I hope it dosen't suck.

Stryker412

Feb 8, 2006
Ocean County, NJ
Some servers are Titan only. Titan mode is a when each team has an air ship and the object is to destroy the other team's Titan. The problem most players have is that when the Titans are moving or get close to each other the frame rates drop. Its a pretty cool game mode. It involves boarding the ther teams ship in order to take it down from the inside out.
That's why I locked Titan movement. Frames seem to be holding steady.

DoughBoy

Woogally Cute
Wackbag Staff
Jul 28, 2003
Jersey Shore
I'll see if I can get some time in. Stay the fuck out of MY skies because I'm a master gunshipper.

Even without playing in the last 3+ weeks I'm still ranked 224th overall (gunship) with 4546 Kills, 345 deaths, 473 road kills, 1445 destroyed, and a 12.84:1 K:D ratio.

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
The problem most players have is that when the Titans are moving or get close to each other the frame rates drop.
That's about as much of an understatement as, "The problem most people have is that when the n*****s move in or get close to you the real estate values drop."

funnybonez said:
Bullawsdan is a great to have on a squad. I use him as a front line gopher and watch him take fire so I can see where the shots are comming from.. hehehe..
Yeah, well, no one will ever call ME a score whore.

Just wait until a game comes out that I'm actually good at - Is there going to be an Age of Empires 4? Wait - Starcraft 2 is coming. You can be my cannon fodder on that.

Stryker412

Feb 8, 2006
Ocean County, NJ
I'll see if I can get some time in. Stay the fuck out of MY skies because I'm a master gunshipper.

Even without playing in the last 3+ weeks I'm still ranked 224th overall (gunship) with 4546 Kills, 345 deaths, 473 road kills, 1445 destroyed, and a 12.84:1 K:D ratio.
What's your in game nick? I'll keep an eye out. I just idled in the server for an hour and it's half full already.

funnybonez

Registered abUser
Mar 22, 2005
Central Jerzee
We had a good turn out on our Pestgaming server last night. I am sure we will have our Merry Men of Cat Meow'ers tonight... Need some more carrots though..hehehe!!!