Bias At Olympics: Legally Married Couple Can't Live Together

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Because they are straight. :trollol:

Married Olympians: We Can’t Live Together During Games, But Gay Couples Can

LONDON (CBSDC) — An Australian Olympic married couple claims they have been prohibited from sharing a room in the London Olympic Village, even though gay couples are reportedly allowed to do so.

Olympic shooters Russell and Lauryn Mark told news.com.au that they are being discriminated against by officials.

“The stupid part of this, which I have argued to them, is that there are tons of gay couples on the Olympic team who will be rooming together, so we are being discriminated against because we are heterosexual,” Russell Mark told news.com.au.

Lauryn Mark additionally told the website that the Australian Olympic Committee has not helped them with their situation.

“Basically they said if we want to room together we need to check out of the village and go into a hotel at our own expense. It’s not feasible,” she told news.com.au. “I am very frustrated because in sport there are a lot of same-sex couples and it’s OK to be partners with someone of the same sex, but if you are heterosexual you are penalized.”

Nick Green, head of mission for the Australian Olympic Committee, told the London Evening Standard that the Marks are not being discriminated against.

“Accommodation and bedding are done in a particular way to ensure all the athletes are accommodated in the village,” Green told the Evening Standard.

The couple has previously come under fire for Russell Mark’s claims that sleeping pills help him, as well as for Lauren Mark’s provocative photo shoot showing her in a bikini on the cover of a magazine.

The two will still take part in the Olympics despite not being able to live together during the games.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
No dummies you're not being discriminated against. They have to lodge hundreds of athletes. They are going to room men with men and women with women. They are not going to waste the time a resources pairing everyone up with who they want. Grow the fuck up and deal with it or pull out your wallet and get a room for you and your lady.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I'm surprised the Aussies have any Olympic shooters.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and Google image search the wife.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
Seems kind of attention whorey to me.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

The last thing this dude wants is this chick out of his sight around a bunch of athletes.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
She should switch to rifle shooting as I think she should be able to sandbag with those bewbies...

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I'd want to spend every waking minute I could with that too.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
This is BS. The Olympics is just being difficult. Straight people don't boycott. Gays do.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
More PC police shenanigans...
Jul 25, 2012
Greek athlete ousted from Olympic Games for Twitter comment

By Roxanna Scott, USA TODAY
Updated 15h 36m ago

The Twitter Olympics has begun, and Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristo is the first casualty.

She has been expelled from the London Olympics by Greece for her Twitter comments on African immigrants and expressing support for a far-right party.

Papachristou is competing in her first Games. The 23-year-old is from Athens.

The IOC has strict guidelines on what athletes can say in social media. This is the first case of an athlete being expelled from an Olympics for social media use.

The Tweet that got Papachristou in trouble was posted July 22: "So many Africans in #Greece at least West Nile mosquitoes will eat homemade food"

Fifty-four people marked it as a "favorite" on Twitter.

She apologized on Twitter and Facebook, saying that her comment was a joke.

I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account. I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach human rights.

My dream is connected to the Olympic Games and I could not possibly participate if I did not respect their values. Therefore, I could never believe in discrimination between human beings and races.

The Hellenic Olympic Committee said in a statement Wednesday that Papachristou is "placed outside the Olympic team for statements contrary to the values and ideas of the Olympic movement."

Papachristou is in Athens. The committee says she was to travel to London shortly before the track events start. She was 11th at the European Championships in 2011.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
If you stick a pin in her tits will they pop?