Bible thumper launches fiery protest over General Mills's support of gay marriage

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Man’s fiery protest against General Mills pro-gay marriage stance goes awry

Michael Leisner, 65, wanted to set a box of Cheerios on fire in front of the corporation’s Minnesota headquarters, but ended up starting a blaze he couldn’t stop.

BY ERIK ORTIZ / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2012, 7:56 AM

The fire became a little more than Leisner bargained for.

A Minnesota man’s attempt to shame an American cerealmaker for its boss’ support of same-sex marriage went up in flames — literally.

Now, 65-year-old Michael Leisner may have to answer to police.

A video uploaded to YouTube on Sunday shows Leisner setting a box of Honey Nut Cheerios on fire with a blowtorch in front of the General Mills headquarters in Golden Valley, Minn.

“One out of every eight boxes of cereal in this country is Cheerios. This is really the treat now for the homosexuals,” Leisner, who was identified by The Smoking Gun, said.

He then torched the box and a bowl of cereal, but the lawn also caught fire and the flames spread. Leisner, a camerman and a third person bolted from the scene.

While fast-food chain Chick-fil-A became a lightning rod in the gay-marriage debate when its president, Dan Cathy, expressed an opposition to it, the head of General Mills is firmly on the other side.

Michael Leisner torches box of Cheerios — and a lawn — in protest of General Mills strong support for same-sex unions.

CEO Ken Powell donated $10,000 to defeat an amendment that would ban gay marriage in Minnesota.

His support led to the creation of an online petition at DumpGeneralMills.com, which demands the company “stop supporting this radical social agenda.”

The National Organization for Marriage, which opposes same-sex marriage, sponsors the site.

Leisner’s act as a cereal arsonist, however, may be going too far for authorities.

While some video viewers questioned whether it was merely a scripted spoof, the Golden Valley Police Department is investigating the incident, The Smoking Gun reported Tuesday.

It’s unclear what charges Leisner could face.

Leisner tries to stamp out the mini blaze.

He told The Smoking Gun that his son posted his fiery protest to YouTube, and he never looked into whether the setup was even legal.

He said he didn’t believe the flames would spread because he thought the lawn was “saturated,” The Smoking Gun reported.

According to reports, Leisner said he formerly taught the Bible on the radio and had a YouTube account in which he disparages gays.

The link to that account has been deactivated.

General Mills declined to comment Wednesday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...e-stance-awry-article-1.1131416#ixzz234bf2NKn
[video=youtube;Bs7Y9iYf_uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7Y9iYf_uk[/video]

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
That article was painful to read.

Regardless, moron looks moronic. Unfortunately he didn't light himself on fire.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
That article was painful to read.

Regardless, moron looks moronic. Unfortunately he didn't light himself on fire.
This. Did Blurp write that article? I'm sick of these intolerant fucks. When Oreo did the rainbow gay pride cookie the bible thumpers went full retard. When Chick-Fil-A came out against gay marriage they went full retard, but in the opposite direction. I realize I usually vote for the same people they vote for, but I really really hate guys like this asshole. The Earth won't stop spinning and hurtle us off the surface if gays are given the legal right to make a legal commitment to each other.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
This. Did Blurp write that article? I'm sick of these intolerant fucks. When Oreo did the rainbow gay pride cookie the bible thumpers went full retard. When Chick-Fil-A came out against gay marriage they went full retard, but in the opposite direction. I realize I usually vote for the same people they vote for, but I really really hate guys like this asshole. The Earth won't stop spinning and hurtle us off the surface if gays are given the legal right to make a legal commitment to each other.
I hate that a couple of my favorite hobbies also seem to attract the bible thumpers. I'm not worried about going to hell for hunting on Sundays, and the only time you'll find me quoting the bible while talking about my guns is if I'm referencing Pulp Fiction.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
Sweet. Finally got hit by the double post gremlins.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Too bad he didn't immolate himself.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Remember the Rice Krispies commercial that made it sound like Snap and Crackle were fucking and then they came out of the box with Rice Krispie treats?

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
Apr 26, 2006
Philly Burbs
I'm not forming an opinion on gay rights until I hear from the soda industry.
Where do Coke and Pepsi stand on this?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm not forming an opinion on gay rights until I hear from the soda industry.
Where do Coke and Pepsi stand on this?
It's obvious, isn't it? Coke's primary color is red. It's safe to say that they want all gays thrown onto pyres before a cheering crowd. (Never mind the fact they're Atlanta-based. That means nothing.) Pepsi's primary color is blue. They clearly want nothing but the best for gays and indeed everyone around the globe.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ha ha asshole