Big FU to product placement in movies

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
I was watching Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer and when they unveiled the flying car it made me gag, with the fucking Dodge front end on every piece and the fucking line:

"that thing got a Hemi?"
"of course!"

BLLLLLEEEEECCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Some movies can get away with it, I mean, it made sense in The Transformers with the Chevy Camaro. And I noticed the Alienware plug in Live Free or Die Hard, but those were plot intensive subtle placements, not this over-the-top cheesy bullshit that takes me out of the movie and roons it. FUCK YOU!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i was watching "my super ex girlfriend" the other night, the one guy was holding a Duncan donuts cup. just perfect....... i too hate some of the product placement, some times its just so blatant that it mine as well be a fucking commercial.

LonleyTcell

SMELL YOUR CUNT?
Jan 16, 2006
NYC
I was watching Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer and when they unveiled the flying car it made me gag, with the fucking Dodge front end on every piece and the fucking line:

"that thing got a Hemi?"
"of course!"

Some movies can get away with it, I mean, it made sense in The Transformers with the Chevy Camaro. And I noticed the Alienware plug in Live Free or Die Hard, but those were plot intensive subtle placements, not this over-the-top cheesy bullshit that takes me out of the movie and roons it. FUCK YOU!
What about Buble Bee with the shameless XM promo when he was trying to talk and he was only playing shit from the radio. ::hammer:

sniper

Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
What about Buble Bee with the shameless XM promo when he was trying to talk and he was only playing shit from the radio. ::hammer:
I must have missed that part :(, but I was comparing the vehicles between the 2 movies. If it's a flying jet car.... in this day and age, it doesn't need to be blatantly sponsored.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ

"that thing got a Hemi?"
"of course!"

I was so pissed off by the first Fantastic Four and their constant promotional bullshit with ESPN/X Games that I didn't even bother with this one. Outside of Spider Man, Marvel Comics movies suck donkey dick!

LonleyTcell

SMELL YOUR CUNT?
Jan 16, 2006
NYC
I must have missed that part :(, but I was comparing the vehicles between the 2 movies. If it's a flying jet car.... in this day and age, it doesn't need to be blatantly sponsored.
For some reason I was hoping they could edit in Bumble Bee giving E lo yellow treats instead of the cop. God dam product placement. Actually I get pissed more that I have to watch commercials now before the previews even begin. If i see that fucking Scion little deviants commercial again im going to throw myself in front of a scion.. :arrrh:

sniper

Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
For some reason I was hoping they could edit in Bumble Bee giving E lo yellow treats instead of the cop. God dam product placement. Actually I get pissed more that I have to watch commercials now before the previews even begin. If i see that fucking Scion little deviants commercial again im going to throw myself in front of a scion.. :arrrh:
You'd survive, and the car would be totaled, what good would that do. Yeah, I hate that too, I tend to arrive to movies 10-15 minutes late for that reason.

TravisRB69

Mar 6, 2006
Sidney, MT
That, and product placement in video games!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMMIT I hate that. Except for something like those Sneak King games from Burger King or something like that, where you know going in that it's going to be a commercial.

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
eh it dosn't bother me. its better then the stupid soda cans that say cola but look like coke or pepsi.

BusyChild04

I gotta return some video tapes.
Apr 28, 2005
Texas
it does get a bit annoying at times.

I was watching Grandma's Boy last night and there are placements for the following products:

Guinness
Red Stripe
Boost Mobile (at one point they leave a message on JP's phone and says "Hey JP, Where you at?")
Dell/Alienware
Microsoft (xbox) (understandable)

Now product placement in video games pisses me off. EA being the king of all of them.

Fendbass22

Jan 21, 2006
Maine
Thats why I took the burned DVD if Talledaga (sp) Nights and smashed it. Two reasons; 1) that movie sucks 2) product placement. Before some of you Will Farrell lovers jump down my throat - I realize its going to be litered with ads because thats all Nascar is. But, there was absolutely NO NEED for an Applebee's commercial in the middle of the movie and the shameless "wow, this is so good" plugs from the all the actors when at Applebees. I hate that movie so much.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Hey Fendbass you have a product placement for Dr.Pepper in your sig.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I don't mind product placement if it fits and isn't exaggerated.
In 'that 70s show' Red drinks Budweiser. He never makes anything of it, it's just there like a prop. That works well, and doesn't annoy me. ( I also like that they use the sideways cans that didn't exist back then)
That thing in Fantastic Four where the actual line from the commercial was brought in is worse than an actual commercial to me.
It's as if they think the audience is too stupid to notice unless it is pointed out.

Hopefully directors will catch on that product placement has a fine line between being ok and ruining the scene.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
ugh, i fucking hate product placement. i was watching transformers and i thought it would ruin the movie for me, all the stupid shots where the make and model of the car had to be front and center. ugh i fucking hate it

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
i was watching "my super ex girlfriend" the other night, the one guy was holding a Duncan donuts cup. just perfect....... i too hate some of the product placement, some times its just so blatant that it mine as well be a fucking commercial.
Like ET was for Reeses Pieces, Dungeons and Dragons, Pizza Hut, and Coke, in the first 45 min?

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
all of this coming from a hole who has a signature consisting of a link to her myspace, a picture of her with jimmy, and an "oh me oh my"-banner for something having to do with hummers.

you suck dick and like having boys paying attention to you -- we get it. bet you have a boyfriend too, and you probably drop this fact constantly to keep the other boys in a froth over you.
Hahaha! I didn't know Richard Speck posted on wackbag. That's unnecessary, sir!

PSYCHOMARKFAN

Jan 22, 2005
Richmond Hill, Queens NY
Didn't "Wayne's World" make fun of all that in the first film?, or was it "Wayne's World 2"? I remember at some point, Wayne did some kind of exaggerated product placement in a scene....At any rate, it's a sign of the shitty times we live in. Oh, well time to drink myself into a stupor.:icon_mrgr

sniper

Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
Hahaha! I didn't know Richard Speck posted on wackbag. That's unnecessary, sir!
totally agree, completely uncalled for :icon_evil

May 12, 2007
It was merely an observation and you were shaking with anger because it didn't sit well with you.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
There was a scene in Blood Work devoted JUST to Krispy Kreme.

Clint Eastwood walks into the office with a Krispy Kreme box and is like hey I got donuts, want one? "SURE!"

I shit you not, the scene was 3 minutes of silence as they all chewed on their donuts.

It's on TV, too. A recent episode of "Kyle XY" shamelessly promoted a product seen in nearly every one of their commercial breaks, some sour candy.

"Boy, these sour **** candies sure are good, aren't they?"

"They sure are! Look how nicely arrayed they are in the bowl in front of me! *chew chew chew* YUMMY!"

****NOTE- some artistic license was employed in quoting the above scene****

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
The Island with XBox and Microsoft's butterfly.