Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Bill Maher announces $1 million donation to pro-Obama 'super PAC'

By Melanie Mason Tribune Washington Bureau
First Posted: February 24, 2012 - 10:32 am
Last Updated: February 24, 2012 - 10:32 am

WASHINGTON — Comedian Bill Maher became the latest member of the seven-figure “super PAC” donors club Thursday night when he announced during a comedy special that he would donate $1 million to the pro-Obama Priorities USA Action.

Maher, the liberal host of HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” revealed the donation at the conclusion of his hourlong special “CrazyStupidPolitics,” which was streamed live on Yahoo.com on Thursday night.

“I would like tonight to announce a donation to the Obama super PAC, which has the very unfortunate tongue-twister name Priority (sic) USA Action. I know, it was named by Borat. But tonight, I would like to give that PAC one million dollars,” Maher said, prompting cheers from the audience.

Earlier this month, the Obama campaign announced a friendlier posture toward the group, allowing administration and campaign officials to appear at the super PAC’s fundraising events. Super PACs can raise unlimited amounts of cash to support political causes, but are not permitted to coordinate their activities with candidates they favor.

Maher said that an Obama victory over any of the Republican contenders was “worth a million dollars” and described the donation as “the wisest investment I think I could make.” He encouraged other wealthy donors to give to the group as well.

A Priorities USA Action official did not immediately return requests for comment.
He certainly put his money where his mouf is...

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Having just said on his show last week that 1 millionaire donor can offset 1000 small money donors. Good to know Maher can be as hypocritical as all the religious leaders he criticizes.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I love that Bill Maher claims to be a Libertarian but calls for universal health care and donates $1 million to Obama. What a dick wad.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I love that Bill Maher claims to be a Libertarian but calls for universal health care and donates $1 million to Obama. What a dick wad.
Hasnt it been a while since he called himself a Libertarian? The only part of Libertarianism he assoc with is drugs b/c he likes to smoke.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Bill Maher claims to be a libertarian? That sounds like a Jew for Jesus but Maher is a libertarian against liberty. Maher is just another tool that kisses the liberal ring so he can keep his show.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Wow what a waste, seeing as though Obama is completely against Super PACs...

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Hasnt it been a while since he called himself a Libertarian? The only part of Libertarianism he assoc with is drugs b/c he likes to smoke.
From October 2011
[video=youtube;BUjzrS6jwiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUjzrS6jwiw[/video]

Wow what a waste, seeing as though Obama is completely against Super PACs...
Yeah, he'll probably just give all the money back since they are the "greatest threat to democracy"...

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
I don't want Obama to win a second term, but nothing makes me want that more now than Maher losing "the wisest investment he could make"

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I would love to see Maher's face smashed with a hammer.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I watched some of his new stand-up the other day and it was not funny at all.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
I watched some of his new stand-up the other day and it was not funny at all.
I have yet to hear his funny material. My brother was watching Dennis Miller, whom I dont like but dont hate with the vehemency I hate Maher, because is the less popular republican equivalent. Take your agenda, shove it up your ass, and try telling a fucking dick joke.