Bill Maher on Adult Comic Book and Superhero Movie Fans

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I thought about putting this in the Book forum but wanted more than three people to see it. It's all the same tired shit we've heard before but what else do we have to talk about? I don't think anyone here would call superhero movies great cinema, right? I'd take issue with that but I have no problem if someone watches them as a fun diversion.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I wonder what he thinks about people who intentionally watch bad movies.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
I thought about putting this in the Book forum but wanted more than three people to see it. It's all the same tired shit we've heard before but what else do we have to talk about? I don't think anyone here would call superhero movies great cinema, right? I'd take issue with that but I have no problem if someone watches them as a fun diversion.

I didn't get when he railed against people RIPping Stan Lee's death. That was just weird.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It is nominated, and it’s the best nominated film that I’ve seen.

Of course, it’s the only nominated film I’ve seen so far.
I have a stack of best picture screeners....and I don't want to watch any of this shit.

Maybe Bohemian Rhapsody.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Couldn’t it just as easily be the worst then?
I certainly hope it is, but I have a feeling it isn’t.

If I had to rank the Best Picture nominees on hunches:

1. The Favourite
  2. Green Book
  3. Oof...Roma? I guess?
  4. Black Panther
  5. A Star is Born
  6. Black Klansman
  7. Vice
  8. Bohemian Rhapsody
I don’t know, maybe Spike Lee will end up surprising me. And maybe Roma will overcome the language barrier.

1. The Favourite
  2. Green Book
  3. Oof...Roma? I guess?
  4. Black Panther
  5. A Star is Born
  6. Black Klansman
  7. Vice
  8. Bohemian Rhapsody
I don’t know, maybe Spike Lee will end up surprising me. And maybe Roma will overcome the language barrier.

How's that bait taste? :action-sm:action-sm

Floyd1977

1. The Favourite
  2. Green Book
  3. Oof...Roma? I guess?
  4. Black Panther
  5. A Star is Born
  6. Black Klansman
  7. Vice
  8. Bohemian Rhapsody
I’d put Book, BP a s BK down toward the bottom simply because three black centric movies competing against each other probably gives neither of them a great chance of winning. I’d knock Vice up. It didn’t kill critically, but since it’s a hit piece on a guy that might actually be considered to be more evil by Hollywood than Trump, that’s got to be worth something. BR a similarly lukewarm reviewed movie, but it’s a massive hit and Malek’s performance will elevate it at well. Vice and BR took top prizes as the Globes as well. Not sure about Roma or Favorite though.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy

1. The Favourite
  2. Green Book
  3. Oof...Roma? I guess?
  4. Black Panther
  5. A Star is Born
  6. Black Klansman
  7. Vice
  8. Bohemian Rhapsody
A couple of classically Spike douchey moments aside, BlackkKlansman is actually really good up until literally the last minute when I ended up having it.

And when I say literally, I literally mean literally. Literally.