Bill Maher v. 9/11 Protestor

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Let me start this with a quote from Bill Maher's New Rules segment from 9/14

And while we're on the subject, New Rule: Crazy people who still think the government brought down the Twin Towers in a controlled explosion have to stop pretending that I'm the one who's being naïve. How big a lunatic do you have to be to watch two giant airliners packed with jet fuel slam into buildings on live TV, igniting a massive inferno that burned for two hours, and then think, well, if you believe that was the cause... Stop asking me to raise this ridiculous topic on the show and start asking your doctor if Paxil is right for you.
And last night this happened: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-10-20-maher-security_N.htm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bill Maher can add "security guard" to his job description alongside comedian and political commentator.
Maher helped security give the boot to a rowdy protester from the studio of his weekly HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday night, and it was all captured on live television.

Maher was talking science during one of his weekly panel discussions when a protester in his audience stood, held up a smuggled-in sign reading "9/11 is a cover up fraud" and shouted comments to the same effect.

The host tried to shout down the audience member, who only became more agitated.

"Do we have some (expletive) security in this building," Maher yelled, "or do I have to come down there and kick his (expletive)?"

When security reached the man's aisle and he resisted leaving, Maher ran into the seats and helped them push him out the door, shouting "Out! Out! Out!"

Several other protesters, sprinkled throughout the audience, then stood up and shouted.

"This isn't the Iowa Caucus, OK, we're not here to debate," Maher shouted with most of his audience cheering him on. "This is the problem with live television."

The incident was shown live on the East Coast, and the network appeared to show the entire affair unedited for the taped-delayed West Coast version.

After the instigators were ejected, Maher told his panelists — MSNBC's Chris Matthews, Los Angeles Times columnist Joel Stein and Congresswoman Sheila Jackson — that they often linger outside his studio to share 9/11 conspiracy theories with him and try to get into the show.

"It's the only time I defend Bush," he said.

"I'm thinking about firing my audience department," he added.

Regular audience members found the ruckus thrilling.

"We picked a very exciting night to be here," Eliot Stein, a 54-year-old high school teacher, said via cellphone. "There's few live TV shows anymore, and here you got to see, it was like a movie. it was great."

Stein's friend John Lovell said "It was positively surreal."

Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards and wife Elizabeth had been in the studio for an interview before the panel discussion and dustup.

Elizabeth Edwards was shown in the audience after her husband's interview, but it was not clear whether she remained in the seats during the incident.

Phone and e-mail messages left with HBO officials late Friday were not immediately returned.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
video:

[yt]iINxH8QObDE[/yt]

Bill scores massive points with me for this.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Complete douche host vs. total douches in the audience.

WINNAR = well, no one, really.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Agree with Maher or not, he totally handled that well. It was his show and had a total right to kick out the ass. Kudos to him!!:clap::clap::clap:
As for the whole Sept 11 conspiracy crap there is one thing that I know that disputes the claims, I know some people who were in the WTC that morning and went through alot of it and not one of them believes those theories. And they were in the middle of it all!

Palerider4146

The Death Medic
Sep 22, 2002
Hazlet, NJ
Agree with Maher or not, he totally handled that well. It was his show and had a total right to kick out the ass. Kudos to him!!:clap::clap::clap: br
As for the whole Sept 11 conspiracy crap there is one thing that I know that disputes the claims, I know some people who were in the WTC that morning and went through alot of it and not one of them believes those theories. And they were in the middle of it all!

I've never liked maher, but he was fantastic in handling those douches.

In regards to those douches, being a NYC Paramedic who responded there, I will attest that two fucking huge planes smashed into those buildings bringing them down. Trust me when you are running from airplane debris from the second plane you tend to believe that it was just a plane. So for you 9/11 conspiracy people out there....suck my fucking cock you dumb sack of cuntbags from hell.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Yeah, Bill Maher handled this well.

I hate conspiracy theories in general, but the 9/11 ones are completely insane.

There is a lot not to like about George Bush but he had nothing to do with 9/11.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I was just watching something yesterday and they were showing some people doing a controlled demolition of a building. If any of these morons think that something that involves so much work, time and people could go unnoticed at the WTC well there is no hope for them. The History Channel not too long ago had an excellent special on where the geeks at Popular Mechanics pretty much ripped to shreds any and all of the idiotic conspiracy theories.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Yeah, Bill Maher handled this well.

I hate conspiracy theories in general, but the 9/11 ones are completely insane.

There is a lot not to like about George Bush but he had nothing to do with 9/11.
A couple of months ago, I watched on the History Channel, a program about the 9/11 conspiracy theroies. It presented both sides of the arguements, with the Popular Mechanics pretty much debunking the whole thing. I told myself, I was go in watching with an open mind. Usually conspiracy theroies, don't bother me. But the 9/11 ones really pissed me off.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Anyone who belives the 9/11 attacks were an inside job deserves to sit and be forced to watch their female family members ***** by a large convict.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
Jul 1, 2005
Corona, CA
I am curious to know what he said about "Don't taze me bro!" guy a month ago. And if he was against tasering, maybe he understands a bit more...

I hate when people bash Bill Maher, because he may say some stupid things, but he makes a lot of sense some times. At the end of that episodes, he was talking about fundamental christians, saying that there is so much bad shit going on in the world, if you think that boobies during the superbowl is an important topic, then you have issues. And its nice to hear someone in the media say that, because most people are too scared of special interest groups, and they bow down to their outrageous sensorship demands.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Anyone who belives the 9/11 attacks were an inside job deserves to sit and be forced to watch their female family members ***** by a large convict.
Yes, and a tin can to their scrotum. We get it. :icon_roll

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
I am curious to know what he said about "Don't taze me bro!" guy a month ago. And if he was against tasering, maybe he understands a bit more...

I hate when people bash Bill Maher, because he may say some stupid things, but he makes a lot of sense some times. At the end of that episodes, he was talking about fundamental christians, saying that there is so much bad shit going on in the world, if you think that boobies during the superbowl is an important topic, then you have issues. And its nice to hear someone in the media say that, because most people are too scared of special interest groups, and they bow down to their outrageous sensorship demands.
Bill Maher=God

I agree with him about 96% of the time. I've watched him since I was twelve when he Politically Incorrect was on Comedy Central and I followed him to HBO. He speaks the truth. I don't always agree with everything that he says, but I agree with him most of the time. He speaks the truth. He is the last bit of sanity in an age of Fox News and Stewart/Colbert. If only more people would think like him and listened to him, then I think that America would probably be better off.

As far as the 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists are concerned, I don't think that they are right. I don't think that George W. Bush was deliberately behind the Twin Tower Explosions, but at the same time, I wouldn't put it past him that he had something to do with 9/11. I mean, I dunno. After he lied about Iraq, you have know idea as to what this President has been or is still capable of.

With that said, it is real disrespectful to come on someone elses show to act a fool. Bill Maher made it clear that this was a panel discussion and not an open forum. That's what the show has always been about. If there is substantial evidence that Bush was behind 9/11 then surely there would be an investigation. So until then, shut up and be respectful. You might not always agree with Maher, but having and outburst such as the one's those people did was dumb. It didn't help your cause either.

Oh, and for the record: Bill Maher gained two more points in my book.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
As far as the 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists are concerned, I don't think that they are right. I don't think that George W. Bush was deliberately behind the Twin Tower Explosions, but at the same time, I wouldn't put it past him that he had something to do with 9/11. I mean, I dunno. After he lied about Iraq, you have know idea as to what this President has been or is still capable of.
As if he would be even remotely capable of orchestrating something like that. :icon_roll

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
As if he would be even remotely capable of orchestrating something like that. :icon_roll
I'm not saying that he was, but you have to look beyond your personal bias. You never know what he has done before. It just seems too fucking hard to trust someone who has lied about war. It just seems too hard to believe someone who is about to lie about another country (Iran). Bush is a madman.

With that said, I don't think that the 9/11 theorists had a right to have an outburst in front of a live studio audience. If anything it hurt their cause.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I have always believed that Bush (or at least the administration) might have known about an attack but kept their hands off for nefarious reasons. I have never thought anything about a controlled explosion or him directing the planes to the WTC ala FDR w/ Pearl Harbor. But I'm not stating that as definite. What I like about Bill is not that he's afraid of 9/11 protestors but he thinks their point is so ludricrous as not to warrant discussion.

but I agree with him most of the time. He speaks the truth. He is the last bit of sanity in an age of Fox News and Stewart/Colbert. If only more people would think like him and listened to him, then I think that America would probably be better off.
What I like about Bill is several things. He seems more learned about the world situations than either Stewart or Colbert. He has a better understanding of the players and the game than those two seem to have who just crack jokes about it. He also conducts better interviews with those figures. He's like Ron Bennington.

He offers things that might seem like or lead to solutions. You might disagree with them, you might agree with them, you might be confused about what he's aiming for but he seems to offer suggestions and has true thoughts of ways things should play out. He's better than most Democrats.

I also like his social commentary. Unlike the other shows mentioned, he seems to have a better take on social issues and social problems. It's not just political commentary but social commentary too and I appreciate that.

Finally, he likes pot and hates fat people.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I'm not saying that he was, but you have to look beyond your personal bias. You never know what he has done before. It just seems too fucking hard to trust someone who has lied about war. It just seems too hard to believe someone who is about to lie about another country (Iran). Bush is a madman.
Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? If anything, Iran's the one we should have been worried about all along, because they really are close to getting the bomb. Israel just bombed a facility in one of Iran's puppet states, Syria, which by all indications appears to have been a secret nuclear facility. Iran pours countless millions every year into terrorist organizations, not the least of which are the insurgents currently fighting against our own soldiers in Iraq. They're absolutely one of the most dangerous nations on the PLANET currently, and if you want to claim that those facts are just "lies", then you're a damned fool (or perhaps just a Ron Paul supporter; but wait, I'm being redundant).

Tax Payer

finaly something that offends white people
Apr 3, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? If anything, Iran's the one we should have been worried about all along, because they really are close to getting the bomb. Israel just bombed a facility in one of Iran's puppet states, Syria, which by all indications appears to have been a secret nuclear facility. Iran pours countless millions every year into terrorist organizations, not the least of which are the insurgents currently fighting against our own soldiers in Iraq. They're absolutely one of the most dangerous nations on the PLANET currently, and if you want to claim that those facts are just "lies", then you're a damned fool (or perhaps just a Ron Paul supporter; but wait, I'm being redundant).

hey now... lets give sidekick a break... you know he doesn't think for himself and is just repeating whatever his liberal ass teachers are saying in his communications class.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Dude, I own his standup and constantly watch his show, so I must reiterate. BILL MAHER IS THE FUCKING MAN!!!!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I've seen wrestling matches that looked more real.

But I'll give Maher the benefit of the doubt, he pwned those 9/11 freaks. Gotta remember he was a standup, and a good one at that. It's not like heckling someone who hasn't been heckled before.