Bill Would Penalize Illegal Immigrants Who Accept Pay In Tenn.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Bill would penalize illegal immigrants who accept pay in Tenn.

Last Update: 3/11 3:08 pm
Print Story | Email Story

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A proposal to make it a crime for illegal immigrants to accept pay for work done in Tennessee is headed for floor votes in both chambers of the General Assembly.

The Senate Commerce Committee voted unanimously Tuesday to advance the proposal to make it a misdemeanor for illegal immigrants to accept pay.

The measure sponsored by Sen. Joe Haynes, a Goodlettsville Democrat, could lead to fines of $500, up to six months and require illegal immigrants to forfeit any earnings they receive.

Haynes says the Legislature is prevented from enacting tougher penalties against employers who hire illegal immigrants because the state must defer to federal laws on the matter.

But federal laws do not pre-empt increased penalties against workers.

The companion bill is also awaiting a House floor vote.

---

Read SB0252 on the General Assembly's Web site at: http://www.legislature.state.tn.us

LINK: http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...ntent_id=97988386-521c-461c-824f-25fc6411c428

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Wow, this'll work...

Of course starving people will refuse paying jobs because the law says so!

This reminds me of the law in Dallas that makes it illegal for homeless people to beg for change. So they either get cash or they get arrested. Either way they're eating tonight.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Will it penalize the corporations who pay them?

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
A democrat against Illegals ?, he has something under his sleeve.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The measure sponsored by Sen. Joe Haynes, a Goodlettsville Democrat, could lead to fines of $500, up to six months and require illegal immigrants to forfeit any earnings they receive.
Where is the god damn deportation?:mad4: