Billy Beane = rapist

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Kenny Williams = moron

Beane was just able to pull the White Sox' top three prospects for......

Nick Swisher. Quality hitter, not worth these player, quite hilarious.

Steam

May 18, 2003
In all defense of Kenny Williams, he thinks that Billy Beane is throwing in Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Kenny Williams has orchestrated some amazing trades.

Thome is sort of a wash, but a GG CFer > DH

Letting Magglio walk even though he said he'd take less to stay.

Letting Frank Thomas walk and completely disgracing him in the media.

Traded Josh Fogg and Kip Wells when they were good.

Billy Koch for Keith Foulke in 2002. All he got for Carlos Less was Podsednik and Luis Vizcaino.

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Oct 4, 2004
Wilmington, DE
lol
I thought this was going to be about some chick accusing billy of ****

talk about money ball

Steam

May 18, 2003
Kenny Williams has orchestrated some amazing trades.

Thome is sort of a wash, but a GG CFer > DH

Letting Magglio walk even though he said he'd take less to stay.

Letting Frank Thomas walk and completely disgracing him in the media.

Traded Josh Fogg and Kip Wells when they were good.

Billy Koch for Keith Foulke in 2002. All he got for Carlos Less was Podsednik and Luis Vizcaino.
And somehow through it all, he put together a team that won the 2005 World Series.

The problem with him is that he has made a shitload of trades and has only won a few of them. I can't think of one before 2004 or so that he actually won. He was the GM I mocked out relentlessly in my blog a few years ago.

Anyway, I still think he will win out in Danks/McCarthy.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Yeah, he wins here and there, way more now than before. The Contreras and El Duque deals were huge parts of winning a world series. But, even in winning that series, it's shown that 05 might have just been everything coming together for one year.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Yeah, he wins here and there, way more now than before. The Contreras and El Duque deals were huge parts of winning a world series. But, even in winning that series, it's shown that 05 might have just been everything coming together for one year.
Who knows how the '05 ALCS goes if the Pierzynski play doesn't happen.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Sep 28, 2006
south florida
by acquiring swisher, the white sox have made it more difficult for the tigers to compete with them.

VersionX

Jul 18, 2004
More difficult? The Tigers might win every single game they play in 08. That's how good their lineup and pitching is. Get someone other than Old Man Winter (Todd Jones) to close and that's a dominant team. They're ridiculous. Good luck anyone trying to catch them in the Central.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
More difficult? The Tigers might win every single game they play in 08. That's how good their lineup and pitching is. Get someone other than Old Man Winter (Todd Jones) to close and that's a dominant team. They're ridiculous. Good luck anyone trying to catch them in the Central.
They have one good starting pitcher and maybe half a good reliever. They're the 04 Yankees, if that.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Sep 28, 2006
south florida
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/685060,deluca120607.article

Reacting Wednesday to the blockbuster deal that sent power-hitting third baseman Miguel Cabrera and former All-Star left-hander Dontrelle Willis from the Florida Marlins to the Detroit Tigers — wrecking the Sox’ latest offseason plans — Williams said: ‘‘All this has done is put the Tigers in a better position to contend with us.''
i know it's a bit obscure, but i'm captivated by the way this mouthbreather is running the white sox into the ground, so i read about him every chance i get. i thought this had made the rounds.

JC510

Mar 3, 2006
Oakland is a glorified farm team. They do this all the time: trade a big name for a bunch of prospects, those prospects become big names, then they trade them for more prospects and the cycle just keeps going and going.

At what point are they going to keep their players and actually win something?

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Oakland is a glorified farm team. They do this all the time: trade a big name for a bunch of prospects, those prospects become big names, then they trade them for more prospects and the cycle just keeps going and going.

They've made the playoffs a lot more than teams that keep overpaying for players like Texas/Seattle/Chicago/LAD so they have to be doing something right.

If I was an A's fan I'd accept that every two years or so are bad then there's 2-4 great years.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/685060,deluca120607.article

i know it's a bit obscure, but i'm captivated by the way this mouthbreather is running the white sox into the ground, so i read about him every chance i get. i thought this had made the rounds.

I am a Cubs fan so I relish watching Kenny Williams fuck up. His over confidence after winning in 2005 is astounding. That farm system is shot and it is not like he emptied it to bring in superstars like Cabrera. This guy just mortgaged the future for Nick Swisher.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Actually, Swisher is a quality WALKER. His batting average sucks a fat cock though.

I'll miss him in the green and gold because he was a character, but I'll be over it by opening day.

Losing Haren stings though. Got great stuff in return, but that Haren hasn't even reached his peak yet.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Haren I think has reached his peak, exceeded it, don't expect him to repeat 07(even after he sucked for the second half) again. Beane is a genius and sold high there.

Trading for Swisher in that park isn't dumb, if you were going to play him in a corner or at 1b. He's going to play about 130 games in CF next year. He'll probably hit 35hr though.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006

It's been that way forever for the A's. Hell Roger Maris was orginally an Athletic.

Considering that they rank 3rd in World Series Championships when you add up the pre-Oakland eras, I've got no complaints. They've been in the Bay Area since 68 and have 4 titles in 6 attempts over that time, as opposed to the Giants who've been their since 58 and are 0-2.

Farm Club or realizing they can dish while the offering price is high? I offer you the following for consideration:

Hudson has been considerably less than he was as an Athletic.

Mulder? Injured.

Giambi? Best years were in Oakland.

Tejada? Ok, you've got me there. I miss the shit out of him.

Zito? Hit more often than a mouthy wife last year (and has been downhill since his Cy Young year).

As the title said Beane is a rapist. I wouldn't deal with him if I were a GM because the deals usually work out MUCH better for the A's than they do for the other guy.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Remember, he got Haren/Colero/AND Daric Barton for Mulder when everyone knew Mulder's shoudler was about to blow up.

He then gets all he can out of Kiki, holds on to Barton(Career minor league line .301/.414/.457/.872 in the majors so far .347/.429/.639/1.068) and trades Haren for the DBacks' top two prospects and four more good ones.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
And somehow through it all, he put together a team that won the 2005 World Series.

The problem with him is that he has made a shitload of trades and has only won a few of them. I can't think of one before 2004 or so that he actually won. He was the GM I mocked out relentlessly in my blog a few years ago.

Anyway, I still think he will win out in Danks/McCarthy.
yes, we all remember your witty blog comments. they were freaking hilarious.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Kenny Williams just returned the favor on the AL West

Angels get,
Konerko
Crede

White Sox get
Kendrick
Ervin Santana
Nick Adenhart
Sean Rodriguez

hah, GO ANGELS

Steam

May 18, 2003
Kenny Williams just returned the favor on the AL West

Angels get,
Konerko
Crede

White Sox get
Kendrick
Ervin Santana
Nick Adenhart
Sean Rodriguez

hah, GO ANGELS
Yeah, just saw that and was coming here to make a similar comment. What the fuck are the Angels thinking there? Santana and Adenhart both had down years but I think they will be able to develop into quality starters. I'm not really sold on Crede and Konerko is on the downswing.

I think that Kenny Williams was monitoring this thread and had to try and get some of his good name back.

Edit: Went looking for articles on it and couldn't find it on of the major sites. Maybe its a fraud, which would explain a lot.

yes, we all remember your witty blog comments. they were freaking hilarious.

Actually, they were. I fucking owned in my blog. Then again, it was only for an audience of three people.