Billy Donovan

I'm surprised there is no Billy Donovan discussion here.
I don't understand why he flip-flopped but he's an ass. Nobody rushed him in to the discission, he didn't have a pen in his hand and a gun to his head.

I'd personally like the Magic to force him to coach, he might not "want to" but he'd still coach as well as he can I believe. Only in sports does this getting out of a contract thing go down. I couldn't get out of a phone contract...

The person who gets the most fucked in all of this is Anthony Grant, the coach of VCU and former FLA assistant. Now that Billy Boy is going back to FLA, Grant loses the oppurtunity to take over one of the biggest basketballs schools at the time. This was his chance, what if VCU goes 10-18 and 9-20 the next two years? He's not going to get a chance again to go to a major D1school. If I'm him, I hate Billy Donovan.

I'm surprised there is no Billy Donovan discussion here.

Basketball talk in the Wackbag world is like Hockey talk in the real world, nobody really cares. But just to throw my 2 cents in. The time to think over the decision is to be made before you agree to the deal not after. He just looks like a retard no matter which way he goes now.

circpro

No Complaints here
I would like to see Orlando offer UF to pay them some ridiculous amount of money to get him out of the contract. Magic Johnson was on The Junkies this morning and threw out $5million...

Donovan is a douche

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Donovan definitely needs to take the pro job. I understand he has a chance to be a legend at Florida but the truth of the matter is you got to strike while you are hot as a coach. Besides, you never know how long your star player is going to stay in school so even with the major programs it’s a crap shoot from year to year. He should have taken the money, stayed in state, and at the end of the contract if he wanted to go back to college he could have still gotten a decent job.

How much was his former FLA contract for?
What is the new one going to be for?

I imagine it's at least 2.5 Million?
That's not too bad

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
I think he didn't want to suffer from the Steve Spurrier syndrome. He didn't want to be the "guy who won in college but couldn't win in the NBA"

I believe it had everything to do with that and not money no matter what Donovan or anyone else is saying. Perhaps also he saw how easier it is to slap down the kids at UF and not the whiney overpaid NBA Players who won't listen to him no matter what.

I'm convinced the NBA doesn't need coaches period, just like a team secretary or coordinator.

To make sure they get on the planes, show up to the right arenas etc.
What do the coaches do?
You can't tell an NBA player to do anything, "Hey I think if you turned your elbow slightly to the left there'd be better rotation" "Fuck Off"
That's how I see that going.

Just get rid of coaches.

circpro

No Complaints here
N.Y. Johnny said:
I believe it had everything to do with that and not money no matter what Donovan or anyone else is saying. Perhaps also he saw how easier it is to slap down the kids at UF and not the whiney overpaid NBA Players who won't listen to him no matter what.
I am convinced that this is 80% of the reason college coaches don't fair too well at the pro level. At the pro level these guys have nothing else to gain like they did when in college. Also, free-agency/trades are not something a college coach has to worry about...

The more I think about it (as a UGA Grad) UF should tell Billy to go screw..