Billy Staples ruined Mike the teacher's part of the show

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
Every time the conversation was heating up Billy would interject some moronic statement that would totally bring the discussion to a halt. It was so frustrating and he just wouldn't shut the fuck up. I hope Mike the teacher will be on again soon, I found todays, attempted, discussions to be very interesting.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Anyone remember the name of that book about genes Mike mentioned? It sounded interesting and I'd like to check it out.

And yes, Staples did crash several good conversations. You could hear Mike trying to continue a train of thought through the interruptions. Frustrating for the listener.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
You could shorten the thread title to Billy Staples ruined the show.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Why do they keep this guy around? I'm not a linger longerer of R&F, but every time he makes an appearance, I find myself shutting off the radio for a while....at least Dave's stupidity and Earl's ineptitude can make for entertaining radio.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
I tried calling in but couldn't get through. I couldn't stand it that everything he tried to add was either misinformation or his stupid attempt at a joke.

BigRavenPAUL

Feb 19, 2007
Allentown, PA
I wanted to punch my XM unit for the whole exchange. Mike was bringing up some great topics and Billy couldn't keep quiet. Kudos to Mike for not breaking down and screaming at Billy whenever he interrupted.
-paul

pmoney316

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville TN
Come on, you're telling me you didn't try that walking with your eyes closed and arms crossed trick? And what's Mike the Teacher doing in studio on a school day. :p

I did punch out 30 minutes before the show ended.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I was pissed Mike fucked up Billy's spot.

Now, when will my CD order arrive?

Oh shit I'm a dad. La la la la la.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
Mike the Teacher is one of my R&F favorites and i felt Billy ruined a great segment...i can see why they did it, you get a intellectual like Mike and you get a idiot like Billy throw them together and watch the sparks fly....I still think theres a place for Billy on the show but i agree he fucked up that segment

SilasMarner

Aug 18, 2006
Canada
Staples' interjections didn't work at all- tho i don't mind his occasional solo trainwreck segments.

I also found Mike's long-winded delivery hard to take; i don't mind his one-topic call-ins, but this was a generic Discovery channel/ Sunday paper science-section level lecture.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
Staples' interjections didn't work at all- tho i don't mind his occasional solo trainwreck segments.

I also found Mike's long-winded delivery hard to take; i don't mind his one-topic call-ins, but this was a generic Discovery channel/ Sunday paper science-section level lecture.
It was an amazing topic. Are you really that much of a simpleton?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
You could shorten the thread title to Billy Staples ruined the show.
He probably did but got an error message saying that thread title has already been taken. :rolleyes:

I thought he'd make a very interesting SNV 202 show. I'd like to see him, Ronnie, and Anthony have a nice round table discussion.

D

Derringer

Billy has a great history with the show, and Mike The Teacher is a bore with that fake voice he puts on. He sucks ass, and Billy is a 4 letter man, fuckfaces!

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
It was an amazing topic. Are you really that much of a simpleton?
No, he has a point.

Billy's awful, we all know that.

My personal opinion, though, is that more often than not, Mike the Teacher will fucking bore and annoy me too.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i don't get staples either
but i guess Ronnie has his reasons
don't know his history with the show really

i could live without him

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I've felt he's kept around simply because the R&F staff feels sorry for him. I was there for the orange ball of failure night, I've felt bad for the guy since.

Doesn't mean he isn't terrible radio, but he's easy to feel sorry for, especially since he's borderline legally retarded now.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
just listened to the whole show

staples = dumb fat guy

ecchh

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Billy has a great history with the show, and Mike The Teacher is a bore with that fake voice he puts on. He sucks ass, and Billy is a 4 letter man, fuckfaces!
That is not a fake voice..that is how he really talks.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
In Billy's defense, it's not his fault the show double booked him and Mike. The guy is a Ron and Fez legend and makes for good cringey radio. It was his first time ever in the XM studios which is pretty huge.

Mike is fascinating as hell and I hope they have him back soon.

On the other hand, I thought it was hilarious how Ronnie dealt with Billy during the interview... very subtle but very funny.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
Yeah, I'm not saying Billy is a bad guy or anything it's just there's a time and a place for his act and when it's someone else's (sp?) turn he needs to just sit back and listen. Especially when the topic is over his head.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Yeah, I'm not saying Billy is a bad guy or anything it's just there's a time and a place for his act and when it's someone else's (sp?) turn he needs to just sit back and listen. Especially when the topic is over his head.
The concept of sitting back and listening is over his head. He actually tried to roll with it as best he could... Just don't double book them next time and it's all good.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I would like to hear that segment with Mike once every week minus Billy. I wonder what goes through Earl's mind when he hears that stuff. Deep down inside he has to know evolution occurs.

Dec 2, 2005
Missouri Valley, Ia
I wanted to punch my XM unit for the whole exchange. Mike was bringing up some great topics and Billy couldn't keep quiet. Kudos to Mike for not breaking down and screaming at Billy whenever he interrupted.
-paul

First time in a long time that I had to leave ron and fez early.