Bionic Commando: Rearmed

lilherojimmy

Apr 12, 2007
This game is out on XBL marketplace now. PSN and PC tomorrow.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
I can't follow the link here at work, what's the price on PSN going to be? Hopefully $5-$10.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Rearmed is so damn good. I remember playing the shit out of the original on NES and everything that's redone is either intact or better. I was looking forward to this remake for a while and it's worth every penny. Go play it.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Awesome. One of my favorite NES games that I haven't been able to get a cart for again.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
For anyone with a Japan PSN account, the BC:R demo (in english) is available to download for the PS3 in the Japan PSN Store.

Edible Napalm

Powers are for the weak.
May 23, 2005
Way back in April we reported that Capcom’s Ben Judd stated that the NES version of Bionic Commando would not be coming to the Virtual Console.

Not content to leave it there, that old chestnut has been raised again as Bionic Commando Rearmed is due on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network and PC soon. Here’s what he had to say on the subject in a recent interview with 1up:

1UP: What about the original Bionic Commando for Virtual Console?

BJ: We couldn’t get it approved for the Virtual Console.

1UP: Is that because of the whole Nazi thing?

BJ: I can’t say why. I can just say that we tried to get it to work. We’re huge fans of the game. When you think about it, it totally makes sense as a strategy to have the original game out there in some format that people can play and see what was so great about it. Bu
t we were told no.

All we can say is this decision by Nintendo is extremely disappointing, would it be any different if Rearmed was destined for WiiWare? Whatever the real reason it’s another kick in the nuts for VC gamers!
http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/2008/08/bionic_commando_not_approved_for_virtual_console

JOHNNY HAIRDO

Hello dummies
Mar 8, 2005
NYC
I'm in tommorrow on PSN. Can't wait, my all time favorite game on the NES.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Special unlockable Challenge Rooms codes for the PS3 version:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/19/bionic-command-rearmed-special-challenge-rooms-codes/

Back in February, Capcom held a contest for those of you who wanted to design your very own Bionic Commando: Rearmed challenge level. Now, Aaron Sedillo's design (shown above) has emerged victorious. Eurogamer, GamesRadar and IGN also have their own special challenge rooms. During the screen where you see only the logo and the words "Press START" are shown, that's when you must enter the code. You can access each room with the following codes, enjoy!

Aaron Sedilo's room: Right, Down, Left, Up, L1, R1, triangle, triangle, square, square, Start

Eurogamer room: Down, Up, Down, Up, Left, L1, square, L1, square, triangle, Start

GamesRadar room: R1, triangle, square, square, Up, Down, L1, L1, Up, Down, Start

IGN room: Up, Down, triangle, square, square, triangle, Down, Up, L1, L1, Start
I just gave these a try and they're pretty fucking sadistic. I think they're made for the Ninja Gaiden crowd. :icon_surp

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
I just gave these a try and they're pretty fucking sadistic. I think they're made for the Ninja Gaiden crowd. :icon_surp
Well, the original game was sadistic in its own right. More controllers went through TV's in that gen than this gen (including Wiimotes).