Bioshock Demo Out Now!

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Well I finally was able to start downloading it. It has been 10 minutes, I'm at 1%. I guess I'll tell you tomorrow.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Bleh, xbox live demo.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Just woke up and I guess marketplace is still choking. 4% after half an hour.

I've read a few gaming forums and the overwhelming opinion seems to be very positive.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I put my 360 on "Low Power Mode" so I could download during the night. I woke up at 70%.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Played the demo....my overall opinion is:

WOW!

I beleive I'll be picking up the PC version even if I have to run it at a slightly lower res. The splicers (type of enemy AI) are just too fast to try to deal with them using a fucking thumbstick....I need a mouse for that shit. Then you have those flying bots that act like the manhacks from Half Life 2 which are a pain in the ass to get a bead on.

Overall though the art direction and atmosphere is breathtaking. Gameplay is similar to System Shock 2 but with much much more immersive visuals. This one is a no brainer if you even remotely like shooters.

BelatedAbortion

Jun 12, 2007
Spaceshuttle Endeaverrrrrrrrr
Sorry, I've missed out on spending what amounts to the cost of a new PS3 to upgrade my PC every time a new game comes out.

What are you going to need to run Bioshock at a decent framerate? A new Video Card, upgrade to Vista? Some more RAM perhaps? Another processor and a cooling fan?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Sorry, I've missed out on spending what amounts to the cost of a new PS3 to upgrade my PC every time a new game comes out.

What are you going to need to run Bioshock at a decent framerate? A new Video Card, upgrade to Vista? Some more RAM perhaps? Another processor and a cooling fan?
Usually it's PS3 and Xbox fanboy shit that comes with these threads.

Now it's console vs PC?

Meh.

Anyway, as far as the enemies being really quick and hard to get with the thumb stick, can you change the sensitivity at all? I have no problem shooting in Halo or CoD, but I do agree that FPS is a little easier on the PC.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I'll play the XBOX360 demo, but would rather play a FPS on my PC. Anyone know if the game will be released on all platforms at the same time?

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
This game looks insane - really cool atmosphere. Basically it takes place around the mid 1940's in a city that is underwater. What I understood from the demo is that this guy built a city underwater in the middle of the Atlantic, much to the chagrin of the Soviets and Americans.

Pretty intense demo.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
They just sent out a press release about the PC demo:

After the appearance of the BioShock Demo on Xbox 360™ last night, I’m sure many of you PC fans wondered, “What about us?”

Here’s the deal.

A BioShock PC Demo IS coming. We tried as hard as humanly possible to get it out to you guys simultaneously with the 360 demo, but we needed to make sure that it was perfect -- that all drivers were ready, and that the game looked great on a huge variety of computers.

Currently, the PC demo in its final stages of testing and approval. We are pushing to get it out to you as soon as possible. It will be out during the month of August, and everyone is working at full capacity to deliver it to you before the game hits store shelves on August 21st. I will also let you know as soon as I have an exact date for the demo's release, so please stay tuned.

I cannot express enough how sorry I am for the wait. Thank you for understanding and your patience. Just remember -- only eight days left till you get your hands on the full game.

I’ll let you know where to get the demo as soon as it becomes available.
so hopefully before the full game launches next week.

re story: The game is based on Ayn Rands novel "Atlas Shrugged" taken to its extreme.

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
Have you downloaded it yet, I need a review?
It's totally worth downloading if you're wondering. It looks fantastic and is instantly immersive. My 360 deleted all of my Oblivion saves when I was 60+ hours into it, so needless to say, I haven't really been enjoying the system lately - I've basically gone back to my GameCube for another round of Zelda. Despite this, but I enjoyed this demo in its entirety and for at least a few minutes forgot how much I would love to leave this dumb system in the middle of Route 17. Within the first five minutes, you can already tell that this game is going to be incredibly popular.

I don't know why some of you are having trouble downloading it. My download took no longer than 10 to 15 minutes and I just have regular broadband.

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
meh, it was ok. too much story and puzzle shit, and its only a demo. to hack a robot and turn it to work with you, you have to solve stupid fucking puzzles that take time. no need for that shit. its gay.