10 out of 10

1UP
10 out of 10

Official Xbox Magazine UK
10 out of 10

GamePro
5 out of 5

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

While some have called developer Irrational's magnum opus "the spiritual successor to System Shock 2" (the PC title widely hailed as one of, if not the, greatest games ever realized), we are more inclined to label it as the spiritual superior. That's not a statement that we take lightly, mind you, but when confronted by a masterpiece of this magnitude -- a game that is almost more of a quest of self-discovery than a mere plaything -- it's impossible to not recognize the brilliance flooding your senses.

-Gamespy

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
The fucking retail will be out before a PC demo is, from the sound of things. Fuck. I wont have enough to get it until I get paid on thursday next week, so Ill have to wait an extra two days to get mine. Fuck again.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I knew I wasn't looking forward to nothing. I'm so glad I bought into the hype.

HumpX

Character Assassin
The fucking retail will be out before a PC demo is, from the sound of things. Fuck. I wont have enough to get it until I get paid on thursday next week, so Ill have to wait an extra two days to get mine. Fuck again.
The PC demo is supposed to be out today so sit tight. :action-sm

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
I just watched the vid review on IGN, but I had no idea that EVERY site gave it such amazing reviews.

I'll definitely be picking this sucker up.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
This is as good as it gets for fps gaming on a console.
play it on 5.1 surround if you've got it. Lights off.
It's creepy.

On the 4th level right now and it just keeps getting better.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
i'm waiting for gamespots review, they are usually the toughest, and most accurate, in my opinion

Dead EditHer

Seriously screwed up broadcasting student
Damn, this Christmas is going to have a bunch of good games available: Bioshock, Halo, Mass Effect, Rock Band, GH III, The Orange Box, COD 4, my poor wallet is not looking forward to the rest of this year.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Just finished it, and got the "bad" ending. About 12-14 hours of gameplay on normal difficulty, I wasn't quite keeping track.
I don't think I was rushing through it at all, but I didn't comb every inch of every map as good as I should've, that's for sure.
The game was fan-fucking-tastic, though. I'll be playing it again on a harder difficulty to look for better plasmids, and to rescue all the little sisters instead of harvesting them. (I believe that governs whether or not you get the good ending)

Easily the most enjoyable fps I've played in the past 5 years.

If anyone has any questions on it, go ahead and ask. (Although the game is pretty linear when it all boils down.)

Hate & Discontent

Fuck. No PC demo, no bootlegged PC version....
Im dying to play this game.

Dilly

I heard a rumor that you can only play this game on vista, that true?

CrisK

I heard a rumor that you can only play this game on vista, that true?
Nope, XP or Vista.

BIOSHOCK PC SPECIFICATIONS

Operating Systems:
Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

System RAM: 1GB

Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

System RAM: 2GB

Video card:
DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)
DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

HumpX

Character Assassin
PC demo plays great. I'm using a 7800GT w/2gigs of RAM and it runs as well as the 360 demo with a bit more visual fidelity (mainly more particle FX).

Of course the best part is the ability to use a mouse and not a fucking gamepad.

Using a gamepad for an FPS is, like.......like........rain on your wedding day.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
PC demo plays great. I'm using a 7800GT w/2gigs of RAM and it runs as well as the 360 demo with a bit more visual fidelity (mainly more particle FX).

Of course the best part is the ability to use a mouse and not a fucking gamepad.

7600GS here. Got the demo at 50% with another 45 minutes left.

I'd be done now if they finished the fiber conversion for my neighborhood so I could get 6Mb/s DSL.

Hate & Discontent

Downloading the nVidia driver update right now. As soon as thats done Ill be ready to go. I started downloading the demo this morning via torrent, so it was (shockingly) done when I got home from work just a few minutes ago.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony

You used that saem joke on another saite with the same username. I saw it and had deja vu.

steam has it-
http://storefront.steampowered.com/...0,320,340,360,380,220,240,7670&cc=US&client=1

I paid a dollar to get the demo quickly (without waiting) just over an hour ago to some site.