OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

'Birth tourism' not a widespread practice in U.S., data show

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by the Streif, Aug 17, 2011.

1. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...ism-arizona-border_n.htm?csp=YahooModule_News

2. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

We need to amend the Constitution already. Children should not automatically become citizens just because they were born here.

3. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

I disagree, but there need to be stipulations. You don't get automatic citizenship if one or both parents are in the US illegally or on a temporary/tourist visa shorter than x number of days.

4. Taint Stench

Taint Stench #shredding

I thought they swaddled them in tortilla wraps

5. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Yeah, because not granting citizenship to children born of illegals isn't setting up a time bomb for the next generation or anything.

8% of children are born to at least one illegal parent? Something like that? Now how about in 20 years when 8% of the population (because you can't deport them: there's nowhere to deport them TO) is a permanent non-citizen underclass, and they continue to breed faster than the rest of the population.

Assimilate them, don't drive them farther outside the American core.

Sent from my fucking phone, so I'm going to misspell shit.

6. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

That's my point, they should be born to at least one US citizen, or at least someone on track to becoming a US citizen, to be considered a citizen themselves.

They aren't assimilating with us. They refuse to learn our language, they commit crimes, they reproduce much beyond their means, etc etc. We cannot afford to handle the burdens already in our country.

I'm for work visas, where employers are allowed to bus eligible foreigners in seasonally, and bus them out at the end of the season. Return employment is dependent on following our laws and leaving after every season. After five or so years of that along with other stipulations, such as passing an English test, we grant them and their families a pending citizenship status which can be revoked for a certain amount of time afterwards if any of them break laws or cease to accept employment if available.

Jumping a fence and popping out a child four miles this side of the border should not grant access to this country.

7. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

agrees

[​IMG]