Black helicopter conspiracy theory (sort of)

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
I've been bitching for a while now that the Demmies are retarded not to have pushed HARD for Democrat governors in southern states from 2001. Having a farm system of well-qualified Democratic southern governors would have given the DNC a much better shot at the White House this year and for years afterwards.

Use the South's governor's mansions as the DNC presidential farm system, so to speak.

But who was the DNC Chairman in 2001, when they should have been starting this campaign? Terry McAuliffe. The now-chairman of the Hillary for President committee.

Conspiracy theory: The reason the DNC didn't make the big push from 2001-2005 for strong Southern DNC governors was to keep the path open for Hillary, who's been looking at 2008 or 2012 since Gore lost in 2000.

That, or simple incompetence, since Howard Dean hasn't done much of it, either, since he took over in '05.

Comments?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Or maybe because of all the southern states becoming bible thumping hayseeds, that there is no platform for Democratic governors to run on. I mean I have been scratching my head trying to come up with a running mate for Obama, to balance the ticket. The only guys I can think of are, Chris Dodd or Joe Biden. Although I would love to see what would happen if Obama picked either JC Watts or Alan Keyes.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Or maybe because of all the southern states becoming bible thumping hayseeds, that there is no platform for Democratic governors to run on. I mean I have been scratching my head trying to come up with a running mate for Obama, to balance the ticket. The only guys I can think of are, Chris Dodd or Joe Biden. Although I would love to see what would happen if Obama picked either JC Watts or Alan Keyes.
Plenty of Democrats have managed to become governors in Southern states. They just haven't gotten any support from the national party. They'll take over for a term and then get clobbered in the next election.

Shit, Stormrider, do you pay any attention to any state/local politics outside of Communist New York City? Outside of urban areas, state and local Democrats often run MORE conservative than their GOP counterparts. It's the only way they can ever win.

I lean towards Just Plain Incompetence on this question, but I figured I'd throw some blood in the water and see if anyone thought the McAuliffe connection made any sense.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Plenty of Democrats have managed to become governors in Southern states. They just haven't gotten any support from the national party. They'll take over for a term and then get clobbered in the next election.

Shit, Stormrider, do you pay any attention to any state/local politics outside of Communist New York City? Outside of urban areas, state and local Democrats often run MORE conservative than their GOP counterparts. It's the only way they can ever win.

I lean towards Just Plain Incompetence on this question, but I figured I'd throw some blood in the water and see if anyone thought the McAuliffe connection made any sense.
No I'm not going to lie, I don't pay that much attention to politics outside of NYC. I mean I do realize what areas are probably conservative or liberal, but that's about it. However, I don't want to come off as one of those NYC is the center of the universe people. I will say this, I think you have come up with an interesting theroy, I just don't think that's the reason.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
No I'm not going to lie, I don't pay that much attention to politics outside of NYC. I mean I do realize what areas are probably conservative or liberal, but that's about it. However, I don't want to come off as one of those NYC is the center of the universe people. I will say this, I think you have come up with an interesting theroy, I just don't think that's the reason.
No offense with that question, man. Yeah, a lot of New Yorkers have a "center of the universe" attitude.

From your handle, you ride sport bikes or something?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
No offense with that question, man. Yeah, a lot of New Yorkers have a "center of the universe" attitude.

From your handle, you ride sport bikes or something?
Nah its a tribute to one of my favorite metal bands, Iced Earth. The 666 is because of my obsession with that number.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Nah its a tribute to one of my favorite metal bands, Iced Earth. The 666 is because of my obsession with that number.
So you're a black dude who listens to metal and hangs out on Wackbag?

Where did you attend your "reorientation" training? :action-sm