TV Black Lightning on the CW

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
First Look at Black Lightning From the CW's New DC Comics Pilot
Share.
Retired no more.
By Eric Goldman The CW continues to dive into the world of DC Comics with the new TV pilot Black Lightning and now our first look at the title character has been revealed.

Check out the image below to see Cress Williams (Hart of Dixie) as Black Lightning, in the latest DC Comics-based project from executive producer Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow).

Cress Williams stars as Jefferson Pierce / Black Lightning.

The Black Lightning costume was designed by Laura Jean Shannon, whose credits include the upcoming Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, The Jungle Book, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Blade: Trinity, Good Girls Revolt, and Iron Man (for which she was nominated for a Costume Designers Guild Award).

Created in 1977, Black Lightning was the first African-American DC Comics superhero to get his own standalone comic book. In the TV pilot, Jefferson Pierce (Criss) has retired from life as a superhero, only to be pulled back into action thanks to "one daughter hell-bent on justice and the other a star student being recruited by a local gang."

Black Lightning, DC Comics style.

Executive producer/writer/director Salim Akil (Being Mary Jane, The Game) said, in a statement, “I knew way too much about the world as a young boy growing up in Richmond, California. I was no stranger to violence, death, hopelessness or the feeling that no one cared about what was happening in my life. Comics were a great way for me to escape. I was about 13 when Black Lightning was created, and finally there was a Black Super Hero that gave a damn about our neighborhood and our lives. Resurrecting him at a time in our society when a sense of hope is lacking... Black Lightning will be that hope. And in updating the suit, it will signal to a new generation that it’s time to harness and release our power, and become our own Super Heroes.”

Black Lightning is now filming in Atlanta. The CW will decide on whether they will pick it up as a series for the 2017-2018 TV season by the Upfronts in May.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...ck-lightning-from-the-cws-new-dc-comics-pilot

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
First Look at Black Lightning From the CW's New DC Comics Pilot
Share.
Retired no more.
By Eric Goldman The CW continues to dive into the world of DC Comics with the new TV pilot Black Lightning and now our first look at the title character has been revealed.

Check out the image below to see Cress Williams (Hart of Dixie) as Black Lightning, in the latest DC Comics-based project from executive producer Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow).

Cress Williams stars as Jefferson Pierce / Black Lightning.

The Black Lightning costume was designed by Laura Jean Shannon, whose credits include the upcoming Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, The Jungle Book, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Blade: Trinity, Good Girls Revolt, and Iron Man (for which she was nominated for a Costume Designers Guild Award).

Created in 1977, Black Lightning was the first African-American DC Comics superhero to get his own standalone comic book. In the TV pilot, Jefferson Pierce (Criss) has retired from life as a superhero, only to be pulled back into action thanks to "one daughter hell-bent on justice and the other a star student being recruited by a local gang."

Black Lightning, DC Comics style.

Executive producer/writer/director Salim Akil (Being Mary Jane, The Game) said, in a statement, “I knew way too much about the world as a young boy growing up in Richmond, California. I was no stranger to violence, death, hopelessness or the feeling that no one cared about what was happening in my life. Comics were a great way for me to escape. I was about 13 when Black Lightning was created, and finally there was a Black Super Hero that gave a damn about our neighborhood and our lives. Resurrecting him at a time in our society when a sense of hope is lacking... Black Lightning will be that hope. And in updating the suit, it will signal to a new generation that it’s time to harness and release our power, and become our own Super Heroes.”

Black Lightning is now filming in Atlanta. The CW will decide on whether they will pick it up as a series for the 2017-2018 TV season by the Upfronts in May.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...ck-lightning-from-the-cws-new-dc-comics-pilot
There's so many of these CW-verse shows that I've lost all interest in watching any of them.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
If they had any stones they'd have cast a white actor.

There's so many of these CW-verse shows that I've lost all interest in watching any of them.
I'm still fine with the number of comic book movies, but there's too much comic book TV. I'll likely be requesting a relay for Defenders.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

I'm still fine with the number of comic book movies, but there's too much comic book TV. I'll likely be requesting a relay for Defenders.
Pffft. Not like there is anything else worth watching on TV.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

The only "comic book" show I'm even mildly caught up on is Legion, and I'm an episode behind on that and that barely counts as a superhero show. I've watched zero Gotham this season. I've watched zero of the CW shows this season. I've watched zero AoS this season. There'd be no way I'd have gotten through Iron Fist at this point without the Iron Baton, and unless Punisher is a quick 8 and/or gets good reviews, I'd probably request another relay.

I have no real interest in catching up on any of them, but if I did, it would be Gotham. Here's why - one show. For a week's worth of CW, I could be done with like a fifth of Gotham's entire season. I even thought the first season of LoT was kind of fun, but knowing that I'd have to contend with all the Arrow/Flash/Supergirl nonsense draws me away from it. 22 episodes is so much TV. Then you multiply that by four?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Pffft. Not like there is anything else worth watching on TV.
Even if that were true, even if you took away podcasts, there's only so many times you can hear "I'll never be fast enough!" or "I thought you changed Oliver!" before you say "fuck it, I'm out."

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Even if that were true, even if you took away podcasts, there's only so many times you can hear "I'll never be fast enough!" or "I thought you changed Oliver!" before you say "fuck it, I'm out."
These shows are on right when I get home for work. They are a nice, brainless, geeky unwind at the end of the day.

And, like I said, even the worst episodes are better than the endless court or cop shows or a fucking sitcom.

I'd watch Legion if it was somewhere I could get to it.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
John Henry Irons would be a better. If they must create a Token Black TV series it might as well be a good one.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Hmmm he was Black Vulcan on Superfriends as a kid, then Static Shock in the comic and cartoon...so when do we get Super Samurai and Apache Chief?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Hmmm he was Black Vulcan on Superfriends as a kid, then Static Shock in the comic and cartoon...so when do we get Super Samurai and Apache Chief?
Apache Chief would be the tits.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Black Lightning never strikes twice. Hell, you're lucky if that nagger rolls out of bed by dinner time...

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Let the douche chills commence.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I think I made it two minutes into that vid.

Dec 12, 2007
Let the douche chills commence.

He wears RGB lights on his chest? Yikes.

They should have went with Static Shock. Better costume and he rides a magnetic sky hub cap surfboard thing.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
He wears RGB lights on his chest? Yikes.

They should have went with Static Shock. Better costume and he rides a magnetic sky hub cap surfboard thing.

Are those negro colored dildos on his head? Why is he so angry?

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
The opening theme of the show might as well be:

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Holy fuck this is painful.

5 min in.

Mlk quote, other quotes
Pulled over for being black/racist cops
Daughter arrested in anti-violence protest.
Inner city gang violence

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
He have a white girlfriend?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
He have a white girlfriend?
No. He did run into more racist cops. He was seen leaving a crime seen. When he was ordered onto the ground, he didn't comply, they tasered him, and then he violently assaulted them and blew up their car.

SPOILERS

Dec 12, 2007
No. He did run into more racist cops. He was seen leaving a crime seen. When he was ordered onto the ground, he didn't comply, they tasered him, and then he violently assaulted them and blew up their car.

SPOILERS
There is an under lying problem in the black super human community when dealing with police and white people in general. LEARN TO BEHAVE!!!