Black Ops 2 camo and recticles

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
I've earned all sorts of camo and target recticles, but how the hell do you apply them to the weapon. I've gone to the challenges menu, found the items, but selecting them doesn't do anything. What the fuck?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I've earned all sorts of camo and target recticles, but how the hell do you apply them to the weapon. I've gone to the challenges menu, found the items, but selecting them doesn't do anything. What the fuck?
Select the class, then the firearm, then go through the menus and select whichever features you want to add to the gun.

For example, go to Class 1 (or whatever it's called in BO2), select the type of firearm (assault rifles, submachine guns, etc), then select the firearm, and on the next few windows you'll have choices.

You earn features for the particular gun you're using, so if you've been using an AK-47 when you earned the ammo, you can only apply it to that particular weapon.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Unfortunately, in BO2, it's not quite the same as previous versions. When you equip the weapon, you can select attachments, but not the camo or recticle.

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
Unfortunately, in BO2, it's not quite the same as previous versions. When you equip the weapon, you can select attachments, but not the camo or recticle.
once you have your red dot sight attached highlight the attachement and press triangle (ps3)or Y (xbox)
same for camo except you highlight the weapon

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I'll try that. Thanks.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
So i finally got round to completing the story mode on this and when i started playing it again i actually wanted to like it, mainly because i have nothing else worth playing at the moment and well...i paid for this shit, I also thought that perhaps id been childish when i first played and should give it another go.

But no I didnt enjoy the story mode, it actually feels like a really old game. Even with the alternate ending thing i dont really have any desire to play through it a second time. The entire time i was playing it felt like watching a very bad afternoon tv movie, having Michael Rooker in there just added to that.

I havent played Zombie mode yet and was wondering is that where they put their effort, since thats all people went on about with World at War and Black ops, is this a zombie game and ive foolishly tricked myself into thinking its something else?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I've played maybe an hour of story mode, but I'm almost to my 3rd Prestige online (only owned the game about a month, and I play less than a lot of people, so that says something). Checked out zombie mode and I'm not the biggest fan of it, but a lot of people are. I'm content to sit and play multi-player for hours at a time, although I think MW3 was better in that regard.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I've been at level 55 for a while and don't want to Prestige because I finally have all the goodies on my weapons.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I've been at level 55 for a while and don't want to Prestige because I finally have all the goodies on my weapons.
It's worth it to Prestige... you get an additional weapon class and when you prestige you have the ability to permanently unlock a weapon and all the attachments you've gotten to that point. The best time to do so is on a double xp weekend. I prestiged on the last one and was a level 7 after one game. Also you don't lose your camo when you prestige, which is nice.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
It's worth it to Prestige... you get an additional weapon class and when you prestige you have the ability to permanently unlock a weapon and all the attachments you've gotten to that point. The best time to do so is on a double xp weekend. I prestiged on the last one and was a level 7 after one game. Also you don't lose your camo when you prestige, which is nice.
Yeah, but I don't get to play constantly, so I don't want to lose my double wield pistols, grenade launchers, dual band scopes, etc. Speaking of which, how awesome is the target finder scope?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Yeah, but I don't get to play constantly, so I don't want to lose my double wield pistols, grenade launchers, dual band scopes, etc. Speaking of which, how awesome is the target finder scope?
Yeah it's nice but I find I depend too much on it, so I usually use a different scope.

Aug 5, 2004
eh, I wanted to not like this one but I actually do. The story wasn't bad, short and to the point.

And for some reason, I'm much better at Treyarch multi-player than IW multi-player.