Movie Black Widow - Scar-Jo finally gets her turn! 5/1/20

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I’ve long had what I will call a fear/theory that Black Widow won’t be the only prequel. Spidey 2 could be an Infinity War prequel, as could Doctor Strange 2. Black Panther 2 could take place between the Avengers movies and deal with Shuri fighting off challenges to the throne. Guardians 3 seems destined to be a “weve been undusted, now we gotta save Gamora.” And of course I still have a theory that there will be a Thor 4 where Valkyrie, Korg, Sif, and Miek have to find a way to “rescue” Thor, Loki, Heimdall and the rest of the Asgardians Thanos killed.

That’s a lot of treading water right there.
Val and Korg were on the ship. They be dead.

Miek?

BIV

I’ve long had what I will call a fear/theory that Black Widow won’t be the only prequel. Spidey 2 could be an Infinity War prequel, as could Doctor Strange 2. Black Panther 2 could take place between the Avengers movies and deal with Shuri fighting off challenges to the throne. Guardians 3 seems destined to be a “weve been undusted, now we gotta save Gamora.” And of course I still have a theory that there will be a Thor 4 where Valkyrie, Korg, Sif, and Miek have to find a way to “rescue” Thor, Loki, Heimdall and the rest of the Asgardians Thanos killed.

A lot of this depends on the time travel theory for Endgame.

Spidey....I can see that being pre-IW

Dr. Strange.....same

Shuri is among the missing (we know from the trailer) and this movie concept would be pointless with the time travel (though seeing Shuri take the flower stuff could be cool)

Same time travel issue with GotG....if they change the timeline, she never dies.

And you run into the same time travel problem with Thor. None of those people die if Thanos is defeated in the past.

The question I keep having is where is Thor in the "determined walking" scene?

BIV

Have we talked about the Hulk theories? I'll put this in spoilers.

We've seen a pic of Hulk from a toy release. His face looks very different, more like Banner than Hulk.

Some concept art leaked of him wearing the same white suit as the others.

Someone at Marvel also called this the "End of the Hulk/Banner trilogy".

I'm convinced we are getting some form of Dr. Hulk.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator

Dr. Strange.....same

Shuri is among the missing (we know from the trailer) and this movie concept would be pointless with the time travel (though seeing Shuri take the flower stuff could be cool)

Same time travel issue with GotG....if they change the timeline, she never dies.

And you run into the same time travel problem with Thor. None of those people die if Thanos is defeated in the past.

Depending on what direction that school bus in Infinity War is coming from, I can see that scene taking place after Peter and his class come back from Europe.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

Dr. Strange.....same

Don’t go by anything from the trailers. They fill those things with misdirection.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy

I don't think they'd go that deep on prequels/mid-quels. Maybe Far From Home, but I think setting everything before End Game will kill a lot of the momentum they've built up. I think people are excited to see what happens next and want to see how the world responds to End Game. Brushing that for several years could be a killer.

But what will the world like be after End Game? Unless they do full on time travel/world memory wipe, the world would have to be a much different, sadder place. I mean think about a scenario about what happens to the world after a good portion of it disappears. And then representing the aftermath in some sort of visual medium.

And while I definitely think Black Widow will have a prequel element, I don't think they'd go so divorced from everything especially since they've never really done that.

LiddyRules

Since when did you start writing Family Guy cutaways?

Pigdango

Donator
I don't think they'd go that deep on prequels/mid-quels. Maybe Far From Home, but I think setting everything before End Game will kill a lot of the momentum they've built up. I think people are excited to see what happens next and want to see how the world responds to End Game. Brushing that for several years could be a killer.

But what will the world like be after End Game? Unless they do full on time travel/world memory wipe, the world would have to be a much different, sadder place. I mean think about a scenario about what happens to the world after a good portion of it disappears. And then representing the aftermath in some sort of visual medium.

And while I definitely think Black Widow will have a prequel element, I don't think they'd go so divorced from everything especially since they've never really done that.
My assumption is that when they undo the snap, they are going to do it so that everything goes back to the way it was pre-snap. They won’t just undust everyone 5 years later. So for almost everyone, it will be like the snap never happened.

Bobobie

We've seen a pic of Hulk from a toy release. His face looks very different, more like Banner than Hulk.

Some concept art leaked of him wearing the same white suit as the others.

Someone at Marvel also called this the "End of the Hulk/Banner trilogy".

I doubt it. It's too comic nerdy for General audiences. I think there has been comic runs based on an
intelligent Hulk
, but
I think Banner's persona is still buried like an alternate personality

LiddyRules

My assumption is that when they undo the snap, they are going to do it so that everything goes back to the way it was pre-snap. They won’t just undust everyone 5 years later. So for almost everyone, it will be like the snap never happened.
That's my theory too. (Though I would like an ending where it shows the same scene as Infinity War but in obvious rewind.) But wouldn't that be disappointing if after all of this, everything just goes back to normal and no one remembers anything? Doesn't that defeat the point?

Pigdango

Donator
That's my theory too. (Though I would like an ending where it shows the same scene as Infinity War but in obvious rewind.) But wouldn't that be disappointing if after all of this, everything just goes back to normal and no one remembers anything? Doesn't that defeat the point?
I think its too much to wrap my head around to try to build a world where half the population of earth vanished for 5 years and then reappeared. You have to reset everything for the population at large. They will still know aliens attacked and Stark, Thor, and/or Cap died fighting them, and the world mourning their loss can be more impactful than tens of thousands of stories of “Well, I thought you were dead so I fucked your sister...”

I do think/hope that the Vision and Scarlet Witch and Bucky/Falcon series deal with some of the aftermath of Endgame - but again, not them living in a fucked up world, but Scarlet Witch trying to get a soulless Vision to fall in love with her again, and Bucky and Falcon competing to be the new Captain America. Stuff like that would be great.

LiddyRules

I think its too much to wrap my head around to try to build a world where half the population of earth vanished for 5 years and then reappeared. You have to reset everything for the population at large. They will still know aliens attacked and Stark, Thor, and/or Cap died fighting them, and the world mourning their loss can be more impactful than tens of thousands of stories of “Well, I thought you were dead so I fucked your sister...”

I do think/hope that the Vision and Scarlet Witch and Bucky/Falcon series deal with some of the aftermath of Endgame - but again, not them living in a fucked up world, but Scarlet Witch trying to get a soulless Vision to fall in love with her again, and Bucky and Falcon competing to be the new Captain America. Stuff like that would be great.
So does Thanos even come to Earth?

And I thought of another reason why Black Panther 2 can't be between movies - They're not going to have a Black Panther movie without T'Challa.

BIV

I guess it wasn't a leak, spoil for safety. But here is the pic.
@Bobobie
This is Professor Hulk. Has to be.

In the comic Banner and Hulk were merged for quite some time. I believe a couple IRL years.

TheLoon

Serious answer. Or scenario questions.

If they make it a straight prequel, will it be during the SHIELD days or during the Operation: Red Sparrow days? Because both seem fairly far removed. I'm assuming it would be in the Russian days though because SHIELD seems a little played out? At least the Avengers 1-era SHIELD, which is when it would be set around. And I don't see them as doing some generic, uneventful spy movie nor a movie where people would be like "where's Fury or Coulson or Arrow?"

Do you think they'd make her a cuck? Where it splits between prequel (light de-aging) and modern day? Where they were friends during ORS, and you know the rest. I can't think of a good reason or villain who'd unfreeze her, and after the events of IW and End Game, wouldn't Hydra II seem a little anti-climactic for her?
Reading that gave me my virginity back

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I would be shocked if at least two of Hawkeye, Bucky, Fury, and Coulson didn’t show up. I don’t really see how you can make an interesting Black Widow movie without SHIELD.

The problem with that, and now I’m sitting here thinking the same thing about Captain Marvel, is we were told SHIELD was infiltrated by Hydra pretty much from the beginning. So how do that all work?
This will probably lightly expand on her early days from what we saw in age if Ultron and fast forward towards her eventual Shield recruitment by Fury and Collson. It would be advantageous if they used the Winter Soldier angle again. Perhaps her protecting the scientist that WS killed and a d shot her in the process. I think she told Steve Roger's that she went after him and that angle could be parlayed into a new story. It's a little complicated. Hopefully they make this Film similar to the Winter Soldier which was more of a political thriller and NOT comical like the Thor or Antman. This should have a 2 hour plus running time. Ot has to if they want to do it right

Sent from your Mom's box.

Bobobie

"After everything that happened with S.H.I.E.L.D., during my little hiatus, I went back to Russia and tried to find my parents. Two little graves linked by a chain fence. I pulled some weeds and left some flowers. We have what we have when we have it."
Maybe there is an unspoken story within that little hiatus.

I just saw Task Master is the villain for this movie. That's pretty cool. Its a shame what most writers do with him though.

Pigdango

Donator
David Harbour has joined the cast, and Rachel Weisz is also in talks.

LiddyRules

David Harbour has joined the cast, and Rachel Weisz is also in talks.
SHE WAS IN CONSTANTINE!!

Isn't it strange how comic book movies of all things are the ones giving roles to 50+ year old women? Bening, Weisz (49), Kidman, Pfeiffer, Lane, Swinton (who's 58 surprisingly enough).

BIV

So how far out is this movie, do you think?

If the rumors that Taskmaster is the villain is true, that brings up interesting possibilities. Since he's primarily a Deadpool villain, and all.