Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
per ESPN.com

Florida gets: Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin, Mike Rabelo + 3 prospects

Detroit gets: Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Damn, I wanted the Angels to get him.

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
per ESPN.com

Florida gets: Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin, Mike Rabelo + 3 prospects

Detroit gets: Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
whoooooa....now THATS a trade...i think Detroit got a lot better..... :action-sm

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Detroit has decided to trade their entire system the last two years.

Rick Porcello, you're eligible to be traded on June 15th, you're on notice.

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
Detroit has decided to trade their entire system the last two years.

Rick Porcello, you're eligible to be traded on June 15th, you're on notice.
kinda what the astros did...and now look at us....our farm system fucking bows :clap: GO STROS! ugh

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
This lineup is scary.
C - Rodriguez
1B- Guillen
2B - Polanco
3B - Cabrera
SS - Renteria
RF - Ordonez
CF - Granderson
LF - ? (I'm hoping they move Inge there, but that's wishful thinking probably)

Then 4 crazy good starting pitchers. This is exciting news for now, but I am really apprehensive about getting rid of Maybin, Miller, and Rabelo. Tigers better fucking win the WS next year is all.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
One amazing, one wild card(Bonderman), one who knows(willis), then robertson/rogers/miner.

Hidden_Rage

Yeah... I got nothing
Nov 20, 2005
Queens
I bet Krisko came in her pants

(but of course it'd be useless without pics, krisko :action-sm)

G

GodHatesMe

With a lineup like that, you could bring Dan Petry, Walt Terrill, Frank Tanana out of retirement, and dig for the remains of Aurelio Lopez , and finish with 95 wins.

And i'm only half kidding.

rndystvn

May 25, 2005
As an Angel fan damn this deal stinks we should have had him.. BUT WHY WHY WOULD THEY MAKE THE MOVE TO GET A BIG BAT IN THE LINEUP AND A 3RD BASEMAN. WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO TRADE PROSPECTS FOR A GUY WHO HAS BETTER NUMBERS THAN A-ROD AT THIS AGE.. Sorry for the all caps but have been following this for about a month all for nothing...

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
And ladies and gentlemen that now does it for the Florida Marlins. Do you remember??? When they won a World Series Championship???

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
In their defense they did the same thing after 97 and won another title 7 years later. And they're stocking up with way more talent than they did back then.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
In their defense they did the same thing after 97 and won another title 7 years later. And they're stocking up with way more talent than they did back then.
thats what i was thinking. stockpile what seems to be incredible talent on the cheap and have a shot at a world series for a couple of years before you have to implode the team again.

wow thought detroit is going to be tough. depleating their farm system/top talent or not. they will have quite a few years to try and win the world series

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Tigers still have some low-level prospects that could be ready by the time some of the veterans' contracts run out/they retire.

Rick Porcello
Michael Holliman
Matt Joyce
Cale Iorg
Danny Worth
Jeff Larish
Brandon Hamilton
Casey Crosby

there's some potential in that group in 3-4 years or so. They just dont have a lot at the AA-AAA level that will be ready to contribute in the very near future now that Miller, Maybin and Jurrjens are gone.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
This lineup is scary.
C - Rodriguez
1B- Guillen
2B - Polanco
3B - Cabrera
SS - Renteria
RF - Ordonez
CF - Granderson
LF - ? (I'm hoping they move Inge there, but that's wishful thinking probably)

Then 4 crazy good starting pitchers. This is exciting news for now, but I am really apprehensive about getting rid of Maybin, Miller, and Rabelo. Tigers better fucking win the WS next year is all.
i think they'll put Thames in left and keep Inge as an infield utility player... at least that's what i hope

i'm not worried about getting rid of Rabelo, i didn't like him very much and Vance Wilson is back next year (as far as i know) Inge could be the 3rd string catcher!! :rolleyes: I also liked Miller but wasn't all that impressed with Maybin...probably because of all the hype, i just dont' think he lived up to it (he'll probably prove me wrong in teh future...we'll see)

GO TIGERS!!!!!!
:jump:jump:jump

they also got Denny Bautista fromt he rockies, don't know much about him (now all we need is a closer :x)
I bet Krisko came in her pants

(but of course it'd be useless without pics, krisko :action-sm)
;)

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
Mucho run production

CF Granderson .302 74 rbi
2B Polanco .341 67 rbi
DH Sheffield .265 75 rbi
RF Ordonez .363 139 rbi
3B Cabrera .320 119 rbi
1B Guillen .296 102 rbi
SS Renteria .332 57 rbi
C Pudge .281 63 rbi
LF Jacque Jones .285 66 rbi

They'll score 1000+ runs next year

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Wow....Send um to the american league....Makes me happy
That was my first thought.

I think this is a different Marlins way of thinking though. I fully expect all these prospects they got to mature and be traded for younger players in 2 to 3 more years. This time I really don't see the Marlins while still playing in South Florida ever handling things based on anything but financial decisions.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
The payroll for the Marlins next year will be under 10 million, just contract the fucking team already. Along with the Devil Rays and the Pirates.

Vic Mackey

Jay Marriotti is a heiney-bird
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
All of this while Kenny Williams watches his offseason plan flush down the shitter. Great job, makes that Garland trade to the Angels look reaaaal good now. Unless he pulls something out of his ass, I see the White Sox finishing worse than they did last year. Older and slower, but new for 08 - no starting pitching.

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
Vic,

I heard one analyst asked who is the loser in this trade, Detroit or Florida?

His response- The White Sox.

I think he summed up your feelings, eh?

Vic Mackey

Jay Marriotti is a heiney-bird
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Vic,

I heard one analyst asked who is the loser in this trade, Detroit or Florida?

His response- The White Sox.

I think he summed up your feelings, eh?
Pretty much. If Kenny can't or won't pull off any blockbuster moves, he really should resign :mad4:

Kool Aid

I'm the worst-of
Aug 18, 2005
IN MY PROJECTS
I thought this thread was about the royals getting jose guillen...

Oh yea and the Royals are bringing back the powder blue unies for select home games next season...