Blonde Walks into Airplane Propeller

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-recovery-after-walking-into-plane-propeller/

A fashion model and magazine editor was recovering in a hospital Tuesday after severing her hand and suffering severe facial injuries when she walked into a spinning airplane propeller in north Texas.
Witnesses said that Lauren Scruggs, 23, had just stepped off the plane at a private airport in McKinney, Texas, on Saturday night when she apparently walked in front of the propeller. She was taken by helicopter to the hospital, where she underwent several surgeries over the weekend.
Surgeons had to amputate Scruggs' left hand, and the accident caused severe damage to her shoulder and head, the New York Post reported.
Scruggs, who lives in Plano, Texas, is the editor of the online fashion magazine LOLO and has also worked in the costume department of the show "Gossip Girl."
Speaking to “Good Morning America” Tuesday, Scruggs’ parents said they weren’t sure exactly what happened when she walked into the propeller, but that they believed she was going to thank the pilot when the accident occurred.
Family members, who have been posting updates on her condition on the CaringBridge website, said Scruggs' operations went well and that she was learning the extent of her injuries. Scruggs also began speaking, they said, saying her name and telling family members she loved them.
"To the doctors and her family's delight, Lauren said a few words this afternoon," they wrote Monday evening. "We pray that her brain will continue to heal and have full restoration!"
They added, "She is able to open her right eye to see, while her left eye is still bandaged. Please continue to pray for the vision of her left eye, as we will not know the status of her sight for some time."
Scruggs’ parents said doctors told them that it would be a long road to recovery due to the nature of her injuries.
“The most important thing is that she loves the lord, but besides that, she’s a fun-loving, gregarious, outgoing young lady that’s never met a stranger,” her father said Tuesday. “She would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it.”
Scruggs’ parents also thanked friends, family and supporters for the “overwhelming love” they had received following the accident.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the accident.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Just read the story to my girlfriend, and she said "Obviously she already had damage to her head if she walked into the propeller."

I love my girlfriend.

Dumb broad in the story is a dumb broad.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
You never want to hear "fashion model" and "severe facial injuries" in the same sentence.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I've never been close enough to a propeller but I would think that between the sound and wind I would have enough of an idea to know if I was that close to it

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
"She'll give you the shirt off of her back"

Yeah.. At 150 knots

I like how the dad is fawning over her belief in the "lord" and gives the invisible sky person who made this happen more credit than the surgeons who are performing near-miracles to keep the dumb princess alive.

Praying for her brain to re-heal to an intelligence level slightly less than that of a jellyfish and for her right eye's vision to be restored is apparently more effective than having a neurosurgeon and opthomologist do their thing.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Seeing as though she has over 2300 friends I'm almost surprised I don't have any mutual friends with her also.
To be fair apparently she lives like 5 miles from me and graduated HS like 10 miles from where I did.

Though our friends in common are the usual "party Dallas" suspects, with the exception of Clonie Gowen.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i have no sympathy, want to bet her cellphone got fucked up also when the prop slashed through it taking off her ear

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
I've never been close enough to a propeller but I would think that between the sound and wind I would have enough of an idea to know if I was that close to it
Oh, you do. Not to mention how fucking loud aircraft engines are. Even if they had killed the engine, that prop is still spinning with a lot of force, and it still moves a lot of air.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
You always see people ducking while they climb into a helicopter, and those blades are spinning several feet above their heads. Think I'd rather get sucked through a jet engine than what happened to this chick. This guy lived and didn't lose any limbs...

[video=youtube;L_gpPbpONK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gpPbpONK4[/video]

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
I feel more sorry for the ground crew that had to deal with the aftermath than the chick. I've seen the end result of a bird strike first hand (from the perspective of maintenance crew, no less), and that was a giant pain in the dick - not from actual damage, but all the checks to make sure there WAS no damage. The bird struck close to the fuselage on the top, leading edge of the right wing, and only barely missed the prop. Had to check the prop, engine cowlings, de-icing system, and wing surface for damage, then wash down that part of the plane and re-wax it.

Stupid fucking bird. Stupid fucking blonde.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
She can always get into the entertainment business.

Maybe do some prop comedy.

ZING

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
How the FUCK do you do this? I understand if it's the forties and you are in WWII directing planes on a runway, but how the fuck do you not hear the prop sound? How can someone be that oblivious to their surroundings?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
She'll be great as a fucked up looking zombie on Walking Dead next year.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
It's her fault for picking a fight with Harrison Ford.