Bloomberg: Ban Styrofoam!

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...bloomberg-to-announce-wants-to-ban-styrofoam/

Bloomberg plans to use part of his Thursday State of the City address to push for a ban on Styrofoam food packaging. He also will call for initiatives that would increase the number of parking spaces for electric cars and begin recycling more plastics and food waste.

"One product that is virtually impossible to recycle and never bio-degrades is Styrofoam ... something that we know is environmentally destructive and that may be hazardous to our health, that is costing taxpayers money and that we can easily do without, and is something that should go the way of lead paint," Bloomberg will say, according to excerpts of the speech obtained by The Associated Press.

He said his administration would work with the City Council to ban Styrofoam food packaging from stores and restaurants.

"We can live without it," he said. "We may live longer without it. And the doggie bag will survive just fine."​
I love the ridiculous unproven statement that "We may live longer without" styrofoam. Does he realize that people don't eat it?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Why not stop wasting time and just ban existence in New York?

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I ran into a bunch of Mcdonalds executives not too long ago and had no problem telling them that I miss the old non biodegradable styrofoam containers.

Mar 18, 2013
Polystyrene ban is stirring hot in the web. But in contrary to popular belief, not all styrofoam is styrofoam. According to a post on the University of Washington website, Styrofoam is actually a brand-name version of what is called extruded polystyrene or polystyrene foam, a relatively hard foam which is 95 percent air. Styrofoam is the brand-name version of the material made by Dow Chemicals. If by anyone else, it’s polystyrene. Whether brand-name or generic, Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York City wants it gone, according to the Daily Mail. Aside from also banning large sodas, smoking and basically anything anybody considers fun, Bloomberg isn’t tickled pink about the cost of dealing with it. They say they will be using lot of cashto make an alternatives for this instead of Styrofoam. Read more at: Styrofoam ban

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Polystyrene ban is stirring hot in the web. But in contrary to popular belief, not all styrofoam is styrofoam. According to a post on the University of Washington website, Styrofoam is actually a brand-name version of what is called extruded polystyrene or polystyrene foam, a relatively hard foam which is 95 percent air. Styrofoam is the brand-name version of the material made by Dow Chemicals. If by anyone else, it’s polystyrene. Whether brand-name or generic, Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York City wants it gone, according to the Daily Mail. Aside from also banning large sodas, smoking and basically anything anybody considers fun, Bloomberg isn’t tickled pink about the cost of dealing with it. They say they will be using lot of cashto make an alternatives for this instead of Styrofoam. Read more at: Styrofoam ban
I'm not sure if that's spambot or just a copy-pasta enthusiast.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Chinese take-outs must hate him
No 2 liter soda & no stiro

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Trying to remember the last time I even got a Styrofoam container around here... as most of the restaurants seem to be using those black plastic ones now...

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Hi, how would you like some rape?

need to find out if this is a bot

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I'd like to be the first to welcome the polystyrene foam lobby to Wackbag.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Not sure that was a bot. The IP doesn't go back to the usual
places we have recently been seeing them from and there's
only 1 post that really is very relevant to the thread. Doesn't
fit the MO of the recent spate of bots we've been getting.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If it is a bot (I still suspect as much), it's an above-average one.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
A few weeks ago their was a spammer that was bring up year old WoW sticker threads. They were all on topic, but they were advertising some weird sticker site.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
A few weeks ago their was a spammer that was bring up year old WoW sticker threads. They were all on topic, but they were advertising some weird sticker site.
I know but he also had an IP that went back to Asia
and posted in multiple threads. This one is in the US
and only 1 post. I'll let it stand. Could just be a newb
with info. Either way I don't see it as a big deal.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I know but he also had an IP that went back to Asia
and posted in multiple threads. This one is in the US
and only 1 post. I'll let it stand. Could just be a newb
with info. Either way I don't see it as a big deal.
I don't have a problem with it either. But it is a mystery and I gots to know.

Mar 18, 2013
Hey guys! just giving an info here. Im not a spambot.. see I'm a human..lol!:)