Bloomberg Wants to Push New Yorkers Up Stairs

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Ah Bloomy, what a resource wasting cunt you are.

Bloomberg Wants to Push New Yorkers Up Stairs

Mike Bruschini|Jul. 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Credit: Spencer T Tucker/NYC Mayor's OfficeCredit: Spencer T Tucker/NYC Mayor's OfficeNew York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will hopefully transfer power peacefully at the end of this year, but his war on obesity isn't over yet.

On Wednesday, Bloomberg issued an executive order requiring city agencies to implement "active design strategies" to help builders and planners get New Yorkers to take the stairs, and "combat obesity, which is killing more than 5,000 New Yorkers each year," according to a press release.

"New York City has been a leader when it comes to promoting healthier eating and now we're leading when it comes to encouraging physical activity," Mayor Bloomberg said. "Physical activity and healthy eating are the two most important factors in reducing obesity and these steps are part of our ongoing commitment to fighting this epidemic."

And Bloomberg wants to be the leader of the movement. From the New York Daily News:

On this issue, the billionaire mayor said he’s leading by example. He rarely uses the elevator in his townhouse on the upper East Side, he said.

“I have five floors,” Bloomberg said. “I take the stairs.”

And Bloomberg says even when he's not using the stairs, he doesn't stand still on escalators, according to Politicker. City Hall promotes this latest nanny initiative as encouragement rather than force, but that is misleading. From The Wall Street Journal:

Legislation being submitted to Council would require building owners to provide visible access to stairs and post signs encouraging their use near elevators — the city’s health department says it has already had success experimenting with signs that implore people to “burn calories, not electricity.”

With Mayor Bloomberg's lifestyle preferences imposed on more New Yorkers, Deputy Mayor Lisa Gibbs says the city would be "saving the equivalent of 500,000 pounds of weight among adult New Yorkers annually."

Read more Reason coverage of Michael Bloomberg's nanny state mayorship here.
http://reason.com/blog/2013/07/18/bloomberg-wants-to-push-new-yorkers-up-s

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
I actually don't hate this idea. Every day in Penn Station I see fat and lazy fucks wait on a long line for the escalator instead of walking up the stairs in a quarter of the time.

Mags

LDAR king
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I actually don't hate this idea. Every day in Penn Station I see fat and lazy fucks wait on a long line for the escalator instead of walking up the stairs in a quarter of the time.
I use that escalator sometimes, the one on 34th st. I will walk up/down and say "excuse me" so fatties move to one side. I've had people say, " but it's an escalator", to which I reply, "it's not an amusement park ride,".

Lazy sheep.

Guilty Spark

May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
I use that escalator sometimes, the one on 34th st. I will walk up/down and say "excuse me" so fatties move to one side. I've had people say, " but it's an escalator", to which I reply, "it's not an amusement park ride,".

Lazy sheep.
I agree totally. They think they're at fucking Disneyland. And I also look ahead and try to predict who will be the asshole that won't walk up the left side therefore holding up everyone behind them. Happens every day without fail.

And when the 7th ave escalator was broken for the past 3 weeks, you would have thought some people who had to take the stairs were scaling Everest. They would make camp halfway up.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You seem to miss the point that Miss Bloomy will be spending even more taxpayer money to try to convince people to do something they are still not going to do.

Watch, when this doesn't work he'll try to shut down some of the escalators.

"Remember New Yorkers!!! 'Drive Time is Stair Time!!' The escalators will be turned back on when the commute is over. Don't want to inconvenience those tourists, after all." *returns to sucking cock*

Guilty Spark

May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
You seem to miss the point that Miss Bloomy will be spending even more taxpayer money to try to convince people to do something they are still not going to do.

Watch, when this doesn't work he'll try to shut down some of the escalators.

"Remember New Yorkers!!! 'Drive Time is Stair Time!!' The escalators will be turned back on when the commute is over. Don't want to inconvenience those tourists, after all." *returns to sucking cock*
If any of my tax dollars goes to thinning out the herd when these Hutts have to take the stairs and die of heart failure, I'll consider it money well spent.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
That piece of shit is the epitome of everything I hate in politics.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Oh, he walks 5 flights of stairs in his East Village townhouse. What a hero.

:rolleyes:

I think this cunt is going to go for 4 terms to save people from themselves and he'll probably get
elected, too.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Oh, he walks 5 flights of stairs in his East Village townhouse. What a hero.
He'll climb twice as far if there is black cock waiting for him at the summit.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
If any of my tax dollars goes to thinning out the herd when these Hutts have to take the stairs and die of heart failure, I'll consider it money well spent.
How much you pay in taxes there sport?