ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
AHN
Dylan Radio Show Gives New Glimpse Of Humorous Side

September 19, 2007 7:33 a.m. EST

Todd Lazarski - Celebrity News Service Writer

New York, NY (CNS) - There may be no better look into rock's most ubiquitous recluse, than through the radio.

Bob Dylan's "Theme Time Radio Hour" returns for its second season on September 19th to XM's Deep Tracks Channel, and will once again feature the enigmatic host walking listeners through, basically, whatever is on his mind. Past shows have featured topics as wide-ranging as baseball, coffee, and mothers - each featuring an eclectic Dylan mix tape centered on the theme.

This season's show kicks off with "Hello," and will feature the likes of "Hello in There," by John Prine.

Other confirmed show topics on deck include "Young and Old," "California," "Nothing," and "Mail."

Besides the Dylan-chosen setlist, the songwriter offers raspy-voiced commentary, recipes, and spoofed listener mail.

Upon listen, it seems Dylan, an artist that has spent a career defying journalists and avoiding accurate light on his personal life, has begun to approach old age with the same caustic irony and explorative tomfoolery that has characterized his writing for decades.
Oh I can't wait for the commercials each week on every topic he covers. I guess it will be better then those rotted commercials still playing.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I've never listened. I think I'll tune in though now that it's on that new channel 2.

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
Its a pretty good show. I've listened a few times. The stuff he comes up with is way out in left field.

I wonder how much of it is him, and how much is some producer, but still...

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I wonder if he will cover "Overrated Pompous Asshats" this season.....he can just play his greatest hits cd.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
I wonder if he will cover "Overrated Pompous Asshats" this season.....he can just play his greatest hits cd.
I heard he's coming out with a new book "How to fool people into thinking rhythmic talking is singing for 40 years."

Should be riveting.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
I heard he's coming out with a new book "How to fool people into thinking rhythmic talking is singing for 40 years."

Should be riveting.
Waiting for his books on tape, where Green Eggs and Ham will be 2 hours of incoherent mumbling