Bobby Knight

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
So this is more about me than him, but I saw him at work today. I went down to our cafeteria with my wife for lunch, and he was sitting there at a table with what I'm guessing was some analyst, editor, or reporter. We ended up sitting at the table across from them. I love the fact that I can radomly see sports legends at work. It was so cool to sort of "overhear" Bobby Knight just talking shop about b-ball.:icon_cool

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
i am guessing you work at espn. have you ever had the chance to speak with any of them about anything? if you do work there then you have to see a ton of people you would love to have a conversation with.

i would love to see some of those commercials made especially some of the old ones

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
yeah, I work there. Bad thing is you're not really supposed to engage them, and a picture or autograph request can get you fired.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
yeah, I work there. Bad thing is you're not really supposed to engage them, and a picture or autograph request can get you fired.

that sucks, kinda wish it was still like the wild west before disney bought it. the book about espn's early days is fantastic and shows you how out of control it was. quite different from the politically correct disney.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
next time you see him be sure to greet him with,
"what's up, Knight?" he loves that.

In September 7, Kent Harvey, 19-year-old stepson of Mark Shaw, the talk-show host who has been Knight's greatest tormenter for the past half-decade, saw Knight in Assembly Hall and shouted, "Hey, Knight! What's up?" Knight grabbed the boy by the arm and told him not to address adults that way.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
that sucks, kinda wish it was still like the wild west before disney bought it. the book about espn's early days is fantastic and shows you how out of control it was. quite different from the politically correct disney.

I can't believe I'm gonna say it seeing how I'm the farthest thing from a "reader", but it sounds like a fun read. What's the name of that book?