Bobby's Burger Palace

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Sometimes I just want a good burger, seems simple but apparently it is not based on some of the horseshit I've been served.

So the wife heard that Bobby Flay just opened one of his burger places close by in Cherry Hill. We went for dinner Saturday night...wow.

I was a little surprised at first, i didn't expect it to be as casual as it was, you pay when you order take a number and find a seat at cafeteria-like tables or the counter, no individual tables. The waiters then have to find you to bring your food/drinks.

The menu is pretty simple, mostly burgers obviously, a couple of sandwich or salad options. Sides consist of sweet potato fries, hand cut fries or beer battered onion rings. Then you can get soda,tea or milkshakes, that is pretty much it.

The burger was awesome, perfect sized not overwhelming but filling. Cooked perfectly, seasoned nicely and juicy - very fresh. I had a Classic burger with lettuce tomato and onion, the wife had the bacon bleu cheese, both were great. Onion rings and fries were great too. The tables have 4-5 sauces, i went with the chipolte ketchup which was great, nice kick but not too much

Prices are very reasonable nothing over $8. Sides are $3. We had 2 burgers, 2 sides and 2 iced teas and it was only $25, plus they have a rewards program, for every $100 spent you get a free burger.

Hopefully down the road this location will get the liquor license ( I heard the one in Philly does) because the only thing missing was a cold beer, but I highly recommend checking them out if you live close to one and like a good burger.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Is it in the mall? Their site only says it's in Cherry Hill with no address. The Philadelphia burger looks pretty good and the crunchify thing sounds good/disgusting.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
The Dallas and Sante fe Crunchified burgers are my two faves.

Their milkshakes are really good too

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Is it in the mall? Their site only says it's in Cherry Hill with no address. The Philadelphia burger looks pretty good and the crunchify thing sounds good/disgusting.
Yeah it's in the bistro area. Its at the mall but its not inside the mall

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Ok, gotcha. Thanks for posting about it, had no idea.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
It's next to the entrance by Seasons 42 and Bahama Breeze. I actually went to Elevation Burger at the Moorestown Mall Saturday. Delicious burgers but no bacon. Why?

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Ooh, I've not heard of Elevation Burger, just looked at their menu and I'll have to check them out as well.
Also good in the area, if you happen to ever be near Fishtown(yes, hipster central) there's a great place called Sketch. Burgers are half pound, they have Kobe beef and hand cut Belgian Fries.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Okay here is a question on cooking. I fucking adore Five Guys and know they cook everything with peanut oil. What oil and beef do most of you folks use to make burgers at home? I thought about getting some peanut oil to see if I can get that flavor.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Okay here is a question on cooking. I fucking adore Five Guys and know they cook everything with peanut oil. What oil and beef do most of you folks use to make burgers at home? I thought about getting some peanut oil to see if I can get that flavor.
Well you will have to source their beef as well... as restaurants deal with different suppliers then say a supermarket. You might even have to go to a butcher...

Probably the best steaks I ever had were from a local butcher... they were grass fed... kinda pricy but holy shit they were good.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Well you will have to source their beef as well... as restaurants deal with different suppliers then say a supermarket. You might even have to go to a butcher...

Probably the best steaks I ever had were from a local butcher... they were grass fed... kinda pricy but holy shit they were good.
Gotta really put some cash aside for that.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I deep fry stuff with peanut oil

it does make things better than other oils

it seems things do not absorb as much oil with peanut oil

I make tortilllllia chips a lot and no one has ever said they were not the best chips ever

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I deep fry stuff with peanut oil

it does make things better than other oils

it seems things do not absorb as much oil with peanut oil

I make tortilllllia chips a lot and no one has ever said they were not the best chips ever
Chick File A used to all be fried in peanut oil and it was great. I will try burgers one day with it.

JoeFromS.Jersey

Apr 25, 2005
South Jersey
It's next to the entrance by Seasons 42 and Bahama Breeze. I actually went to Elevation Burger at the Moorestown Mall Saturday. Delicious burgers but no bacon. Why?
Elevation is supposed to be organic I think. Grass fed beef etc....probably why no bacon.

On a side note, I didn't realize there were so many of you cats right around me. I work right off of Fellowship drive in Mt. Laurel. I'm like 5 minutes from Moorestown mall and 10 from CH.

Anybody interested in meeting up for lunch some day at the Bobby Flay burger joint? I've been wanting to try them, and I've never met any of my fellow baggers...so could be a good time.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
I could be in for a burger , but i'll pass on the gay orgy. I work off on Fellowship as well. Don't usually take a lunch but i always could

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Dec 9, 2004
Next to aleash
Bobby's Burger Palace sucks ass.
I like a burger to at least go to the edges of the bun it sits on.
I should have taken a picture of it. It was overpriced sadness.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
So if a mcdonalds burgers goes to the edge of the bun. Its a good burger then. Sorry that's a kind of silly reason why you didnt like it.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
So if a mcdonalds burgers goes to the edge of the bun. Its a good burger then. Sorry that's a kind of silly reason why you didnt like it.
I actually compared Elevation to Burger King. I love the flavor of a BK burger but hate the burger as a whole. Elevation Burger is what a BK burger should be.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Sometimes I just want a good burger, seems simple but apparently it is not based on some of the horseshit I've been served.

So the wife heard that Bobby Flay just opened one of his burger places close by in Cherry Hill. We went for dinner Saturday night...wow.

I was a little surprised at first, i didn't expect it to be as casual as it was, you pay when you order take a number and find a seat at cafeteria-like tables or the counter, no individual tables. The waiters then have to find you to bring your food/drinks.

The menu is pretty simple, mostly burgers obviously, a couple of sandwich or salad options. Sides consist of sweet potato fries, hand cut fries or beer battered onion rings. Then you can get soda,tea or milkshakes, that is pretty much it.

The burger was awesome, perfect sized not overwhelming but filling. Cooked perfectly, seasoned nicely and juicy - very fresh. I had a Classic burger with lettuce tomato and onion, the wife had the bacon bleu cheese, both were great. Onion rings and fries were great too. The tables have 4-5 sauces, i went with the chipolte ketchup which was great, nice kick but not too much

Prices are very reasonable nothing over $8. Sides are $3. We had 2 burgers, 2 sides and 2 iced teas and it was only $25, plus they have a rewards program, for every $100 spent you get a free burger.

Hopefully down the road this location will get the liquor license ( I heard the one in Philly does) because the only thing missing was a cold beer, but I highly recommend checking them out if you live close to one and like a good burger.
http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2009/07/bobby-flays-burger-palace-mohegan-sun/

Boy it sure looks like food I'd like to eat. Really appetizing.

As per usual, NS speaks the truth. No fucking way would I get a burger elsewhere beyond my own grill. Learned my lesson enough times that no one makes a burger that pleases me more than I.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2009/07/bobby-flays-burger-palace-mohegan-sun/

Boy it sure looks like food I'd like to eat. Really appetizing.

As per usual, NS speaks the truth. No fucking way would I get a burger elsewhere beyond my own grill. Learned my lesson enough times that no one makes a burger that pleases me more than I.
Wow if only i knew a blogger ripped a different location 2 1/2 years ago. :rolleyes:

We get it your burgers are the best in the world everything else is shit...yada yada yada.

Ya see down here in the states some of us fancy people like to go out to eat every now and then and sometimes we like to eat burgers. Most of the time those burgers are just OK, sometimes overpriced, sometimes flavorless, some places don't cook them properly so we can appreciate it when someone offers a good burger at a reasonable price.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
It's interesting how people are starting to appreciate their beer and burgers.?