Bond, Loki Bond

Sight unseen I want them to do the Boyle script.

So I guess the question now is - what do you want from this Bond? Assuming it's Craig's last go around, what would you want to see? A stand-alone? An end to his incarnation of Spectre?

I don't want every new future Bond to be part of a complete reboot where we have the first one introducing them and their entire gang and starting their own storyline, which will probably be the same as Craig's storyline. I'd much rather a return to the more episodic nature of Bond. But what would you want to see from this one? And it can even be which in my villain list do you want to see most?

One thing I don't want is to have a "Replacement" Bond movie where they acknowledge that this guy is replacing Craig. I'd think Regeneration Bond would be less horrible than that.
If its Craig's last go around, make it a stand alone movie. Leave it open ended enough where the next actor just comes in as the same Bond. But don't leave any loose ends story wise that there is an over-arching plot. If that makes any sense.

As for choice of villain, either go with Spectre or a lone criminal mastermind. I really don't have any interest in seeing anything topical-ish and then have to listen to the social media rabble-rabble-rabble that will come with it.

Post-Craig, I like the idea of returning to the episodic nature of Bond future movies. Unless the next director wants to come in and doing something truly different. Like a movie that takes place in the 1960s'.

Last edited:

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Did you guys ever watch the documentary about the history of James Bond franchise, Everything or Nothing? I saw it a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was pretty good. The reaction to Craig being named the new Bond in a pre-Twitter/Facebook era was hilarious.

I thought the Timothy Dalton not getting a chance to do a third film was an interesting argument.

I have ranked Insomina as his "worst" film. I'm trying to look up how I ranked all of his movies before.
i thought he was a terrible bond but thats mostly cause his bond movies were super cheesey

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Sight unseen I want them to do the Boyle script.

So I guess the question now is - what do you want from this Bond? Assuming it's Craig's last go around, what would you want to see? A stand-alone? An end to his incarnation of Spectre?

I don't want every new future Bond to be part of a complete reboot where we have the first one introducing them and their entire gang and starting their own storyline, which will probably be the same as Craig's storyline. I'd much rather a return to the more episodic nature of Bond. But what would you want to see from this one? And it can even be which in my villain list do you want to see most?

One thing I don't want is to have a "Replacement" Bond movie where they acknowledge that this guy is replacing Craig. I'd think Regeneration Bond would be less horrible than that.
I agree with not acknowledging that it’s a new Bond, unless they make some cheeky reference to it like in OHMSS. Because if they know they’re going to do that, they’ll be tempted to give Craig some beautiful death like Jackman had in Logan (which I felt was something of a mistake, but that’s another topic.)

I also agree with @Stormrider666 that I’d rather just give Craig a rousing last adventure that isn’t weighted down with nonsense from the previous films. That’s why I agree with your preferring Boyle’s take sight unseen.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I agree with not acknowledging that it’s a new Bond, unless they make some cheeky reference to it like in OHMSS. Because if they know they’re going to do that, they’ll be tempted to give Craig some beautiful death like Jackman had in Logan (which I felt was something of a mistake, but that’s another topic.)

I also agree with @Stormrider666 that I’d rather just give Craig a rousing last adventure that isn’t weighted down with nonsense from the previous films. That’s why I agree with your preferring Boyle’s take sight unseen.
I still kind of want to HitW Spectre, but it's so long and unengaging that I don't want to commit. It's some kind of 40% Sunday afternoon thing.

Like I want the freedom to do other things as it happens even 10 minutes or so, but the encouragement to continue.

Pigdango

Donator
I still kind of want to HitW Spectre, but it's so long and unengaging that I don't want to commit. It's some kind of 40% Sunday afternoon thing.

Like I want the freedom to do other things as it happens even 10 minutes or so, but the encouragement to continue.
That’s how I feel about Hobbit 3. I’ve tried to purge Spectre out of my head. Thinking about it makes me angry. You finally get the chance to use them after 30 years and that’s what you do with them?

LiddyRules

That’s how I feel about Hobbit 3. I’ve tried to purge Spectre out of my head. Thinking about it makes me angry. You finally get the chance to use them after 30 years and that’s what you do with them?
I completely agree. There are movies I would like to HitW, but don't like the time commitment. I'm sure we can have a good time with Spectre or Hobbit, but it's the having to dedicate an entire night to these 2.5 hour movies that feels too much. If you could do it while doing chores or knowing you could step away for ten minutes, I'd be more on board.

Pigdango

Donator
I completely agree. There are movies I would like to HitW, but don't like the time commitment. I'm sure we can have a good time with Spectre or Hobbit, but it's the having to dedicate an entire night to these 2.5 hour movies that feels too much. If you could do it while doing chores or knowing you could step away for ten minutes, I'd be more on board.
Maybe I’ll recruit @HandPanzer to start Hobbit 3 with me one of these nights. We both know he’ll be asleep before Luke Evans kills Smaug, but if he gets me that far I’ll probably be so committed I’ll finish it myself.

LiddyRules

Maybe I’ll recruit @HandPanzer to start Hobbit 3 with me one of these nights. We both know he’ll be asleep before Luke Evans kills Smaug, but if he gets me that far I’ll probably be so committed I’ll finish it myself.
I'm not no on this. Let me know when and I'll try to make it. But I can also see it working as a lazy weekend movie. I've only seen it once in that super stupid high frame rate, suitably messed up, and laughing at the Gold Madness!! subplot.

Fucking Golden Whirlpool. My only comment is still REL.

I'll do the whole movie out of spite.

Pigdango

Donator
Please let the reason for this be that Villenueve gave up on Dune.

LiddyRules

Please let the reason for this be that Villenueve gave up on Dune.
Do you really think he wants to be the guy who has to follow up Spectre with a checked out Craig? I think any name director would want to start fresh.

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
New Bond director? OK, how about this? Stay with me here.... Two Words: Kevin Smith. It may be a bit dialog-heavy and short on action. Or camera movement. But Jay and Silent Bob are in it.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Okay, fine. I'll direct it.

Stay with me here, James Bond investigating a spy ring on the Hutt planet...

DiggerNick

Donator
Sam Mendes is a precious, pretentious film-maker. I was hoping Boyle would bring more visual energy to the series.

Maybe they could go to Edgar Wright. I think he's available.

LiddyRules

Sam Mendes is a precious, pretentious film-maker. I was hoping Boyle would bring more visual energy to the series.

Maybe they could go to Edgar Wright. I think he's available.
Yeah. Spectre is so artsy.

Do you really think he wants to be the guy who has to follow up Spectre with a checked out Craig? I think any name director would want to start fresh.
I would think so too. I can guarantee the creative differences was that Boyle realize that he didn't want to make a movie with a checked out Craig. Why else would Craig be one of the names in the press release making the announcement.