Bond, Loki Bond

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I think that would be a terrible mistake. Like asking Mel Brooks to direct a serious Western after Blazing Saddles, or the Zuckers to direct a serious action movie after Airplane.

I think Vaughn actually plans a third Kingsman movie.

We need to HitW Kingsman 2
But what if he could swing back to First Class mode?

We do need to HitW that. You around tonight?

Roger Moore sucked monkey cock, he was too old, and not believable as a tough guy. Sean Connery did ok with the suave sophisticated part, and a legit badass. I'd watch Elba I think, or Ryan Gosling.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I vote for Hayden Christensen. Way suave.

But what if he could swing back to First Class mode?
If Vaughn could do that, then I think he could be a good candidate. But you would still be left with Downer Daniel as Bond. Until they get someone else for the role, its not going to make a difference who the director is.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
"However one industry source told the Telegraph the split was due to a fall out over whether to cast Tomasz Kot as the lead villain. The 41-year-old Polish actor stars in Cold War, a love story set in 1950s Europe, and was described as a "left-field" decision for a Bond enemy. "

I'm looking at a picture of the guy on IMDB and he looks exactly like an Eastern European villain

"Craig has a big say in all the casting decisions. None of the Bond girls have been chosen without his say so," the source said.

So he is the person we can blame for Olga Kurylenko in QOS.

"It was telling the producers put his [Craig's] name on their release saying that Boyle had been sacked," the source said.

I thought the same thing.

Discoman

Donator
I guess they feel they have to fulfill Craig's ever whim to keep him as Bond. They should have probably replaced him already, and they probably will if this movie eventually tanks.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Both work but Tuesday would be better.
I totally forgot I have a concert Tuesday and the dark knight/2001 70mm IMAX field trip to Toronto on Wednesday.

I’d say next week, but IMAX Marvel Marathon.

HandPanzer

τι θελεις
Anything you're wanting to do? Movie, WoD? I also noticed Carpool is on Netflix. From the same year as House Arrest.
I have nothing I'm dead set on, so if there's something you've been eyeing I'd be happy to do it. Carpool or WoD would be fine with me.

I guess it also depends on what type of villain they want:

1) Organization Criminal Mastermind (e.g. Blofeld and the SPECTRE lieutenants)
2) Lone Criminal Mastermind (e.g. The Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger)
3) Topical-ish? (e.g. Jonathan Pryce as Rupert Murdoch in the Jonathan Pryce Villain movie, Walken as computer baron(?) in View to a Kill, Robert Davi as NARCOS in License to Kill)
4) Spy Gone Mad (e.g. Goldeneye, Skyfall)
5) So Horribly Racist (e.g. Live and Let Die)
As for choice of villain, either go with Spectre or a lone criminal mastermind. I really don't have any interest in seeing anything topical-ish and then have to listen to the social media rabble-rabble-rabble that will come with it.
After watching FRWL and Octopussy, I have changed my mind on this. Plus there is enough real history between MI6 and the KGB, that doing something topicalish actually makes sense.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
After watching FRWL and Octopussy, I have changed my mind on this. Plus there is enough real history between MI6 and the KGB, that doing something topicalish actually makes sense.
But what can you do that's topicalish that won't be a minefield? Islamic terrorism is too real for Bond; the series is about gentleman spies in a fun quasi-fantasy world and that is anything but. Every action franchise has already done the Facebook Knows Everything, including this with Spectre. The media mogul was World Is Not Enough. And most other things will be seen as a Trump analogy whether intentional or not. Has there ever been a 007 movie about Luddites?

But what can you do that's topicalish that won't be a minefield? Islamic terrorism is too real for Bond; the series is about gentleman spies in a fun quasi-fantasy world and that is anything but. Every action franchise has already done the Facebook Knows Everything, including this with Spectre. The media mogul was World Is Not Enough. And most other things will be seen as a Trump analogy whether intentional or not. Has there ever been a 007 movie about Luddites?
I think they can do something based on the nerve agent attack on the former Russian spy and who was behind it. The person responsible for it doesn't have to be the head of a nation either. It could be a spy gone mad, a rogue government official, or like in FRWL, a criminal organization criminal mastermind looking to exploit world tensions as part of some nefarious plot.

Another route they can go is a character based on Elon Musk. An evil genius mastermind that holds the world for ransom. As far fetched as Blofeld's plans was in OHMSS, at its core it was a biological attack on the world's food supply.

The one thing I definitely want to see once Downer Daniel's run as Bond's run is over, is the actual movies to start looking like Bond movies again. I just remember Skyfall and Spectre being so grayish. I also wouldn't mind having the franchise going back in time to the 1960s'.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Cary Fukunaga will now direct Bond 25. The release date has been pushed to 2/14/20, so that people can bring their dates to watch Daniel Craig **** grieving women.

Discoman

Donator
A pretty solid choice for a director, was pretty dubious after Boyle left.