MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
If it’s available on Audible I might play, I read by listening these days

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
You're not missing out on anything if you put it at the back of your "to read" list.

So we either go with something easy like Vonnegut, a "big read," or @Falldog's idea of a popular 2017 book. I'm fine with any of them.

Also, I think I'm going to start a wackbag poetry thread. I just know it'll be a big hit like every other thread I start.
That's too far.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Artemis belongs at the end of your read list. Plenty of other stuff to get to first, but not awful enough to dump all together.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I need a vacation/beach read.

Any suggestions that don't involve mystical fantasy kingdoms and enchanted whizzadry orbs and whatnot?

I'm wrapping up Stormlight II: Electric Stormaloo, and I need a break from all the storming storminess.

Any good normal human world book I should read?
As much as Ive talked up that series, I don't even want to start book 3.

It's probably the second best fantasy series of all time but the fucker wont edit.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'd like to, but I'm really busy these days and not sure I could do one every month. I could either join in when I have time, or we could do one every other month.

I also just started The Brother's Karamazov, but that's something I can put on hold (I'm noting make a ton of headway as is).

Edit: Unless we want to make 2018 the year of the "beasts" and just pick 4 or so of the more difficult reads?
It's time to quit that job, move to Montana, and read Dostoevsky by wood burning stove.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
I hate poetry. I can never read it right in my brain.

I also might do Dark Tower IV, having read the first three.

LiddyRules

You're not missing out on anything if you put it at the back of your "to read" list.

So we either go with something easy like Vonnegut, a "big read," or @Falldog's idea of a popular 2017 book. I'm fine with any of them.

Also, I think I'm going to start a wackbag poetry thread. I just know it'll be a big hit like every other thread I start.
Executioner's Song is a Big Book.

I honestly don't know any popular 2017 books. I assume they're all either garbage sci-fi, chick mystery, or Ethnic Memoir 204.

LiddyRules

There's also a book about the Catholic Church I want to read https://www.amazon.com/History-Christian-Church-Until-Schism/dp/141847326X

I can't find it at the library, but I wouldn't be opposed to buying it

Do you have like a list of the best 2017 books or something we can look at?
I can't speak for all fiction but it's possible there wasn't an above average sci-fi or fantasy all year.
I'm not overly interested in sci-fi/fantasy, unless there's something special about it. Here's a list from Amazon about 2017 books

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/books

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Do you have like a list of the best 2017 books or something we can look at?
I tried to
There's also a book about the Catholic Church I want to read https://www.amazon.com/History-Christian-Church-Until-Schism/dp/141847326X

I can't find it at the library, but I wouldn't be opposed to buying it

I'm not overly interested in sci-fi/fantasy, unless there's something special about it. Here's a list from Amazon about 2017 books

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/books
I'm up for the Instant Pot Cookbook.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I dont care what we do and I'm not good at choosing, especially the type of thing Pan and Liddy are looking for. I might join, I might not.

LiddyRules

I dont care what we do and I'm not good at choosing, especially the type of thing Pan and Liddy are looking for. I might join, I might not.
Well I think we're game for anything. I mentioned not wanting to do sci-fi/fantasy because they are our most common, but I'm willing to try it. (I'd just rather not do the 1500 page tome.) My bigger problem is finding anything from 2017 that seems moderately fascinating, unless we want to read self help books.