Booze Recommendation Thread

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I tried that monkey shoulder and it is great.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Also tried an Islay scotch called Port Charlotte. Super smokey and funky.

Lord Zero

Bump
- Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey
- Talisker Storm Single Malt Scotch
My only real recommendation is Greenore 8yr Single Grain.

Best Irish whisky I've tried by far. Is less then $50 for a 750, and I prefer that far beyond any single malt's I've tried.
For my Irish whisky needs, I like a nice Knappogue Castle.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Bump

It kills me to know that you're spitting out fine booze... fucking blasphemer... but have you tried any of the High West whiskey yet?

The bourye is lovely. It's wonderfully rough.

Drink the shite already. Stop wasting the nectar of the doGs... you're killing me over here.

Lord Zero

have you tried any of the High West whiskey yet?

The bourye is lovely. It's wonderfully rough.
I haven't tried any of them, but I really want to, particularly whichever one of them is the bourbon, rye, Scotch blend.

When you absolutely positively have to black the fuck out.

Lord Zero

For some reason, I never noticed that that was the 12-year Kirk & Sweeney before today. I prefer the 12-year myself too. The 18- and 24-year Kirk & Sweeney rums are great, but I think the 12-year has a sort of, for lack of better word, "sharpness" in taste that the older ones don't have.

Bump

Ummm how is that Talisker btw... I've been buying the 8 year old for like 30 years... but now it is a fucking car payment.... compared to what I was paying,

Lord Zero

Ummm how is that Talisker btw... I've been buying the 8 year old for like 30 years... but now it is a fucking car payment.... compared to what I was paying,
Pretty good, but I believe that that particular Talisker Scotch is being discontinued, so I wouldn't bother getting attached to it. I got it because it was marked way the fuck down at the time.

Pretty good, but I believe that that particular Talisker Scotch is being discontinued, so I wouldn't bother getting attached to it. I got it because it was marked way the fuck down at the time.
When I lived closer to the Interstate was easy to go across the border into NH and shop the nicer big ass booze stores they have on the interstate. Now I have to go to the smaller sketchier ones in say Scummersworth. Which don't have the depth of selection like the fancier ones on the Interstate.

I used to get the 10 year old (s-s-s-s-s-ure) right up until it hit like $50... and I have tried the 18 year old... but not the other two.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Hey @Lord Zero have you ever had Redbreast Irish Whisky?

Last edited:

Atomic Fireball

Donator
I consider myself kind of the Louis Pasteur of the riddle of alcohol -

Let's consider the parameters. Ethanol is the elixir that grants you temporary reprieve from thinking. w

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator

Got some of this today for my sister and I while we sift through all of our mother's crap.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
For our nightly sifting we are having some Woodford Reserve.

Atomic Fireball

Donator

Pleasant neutral flavor, can be mixed if desired

Impressive 15% alcohol content

No tanen, no purple vomit, no upset tummy

Dry, no wasted calories on sugary flavor

$4/750mL. If you can find a japanese supermarket you can score the Jumbo 1.5L for six bucks

Creasy Bear

Donator

Pleasant neutral flavor, can be mixed if desired

Impressive 15% alcohol content

No tanen, no purple vomit, no upset tummy

Dry, no wasted calories on sugary flavor

$4/750mL. If you can find a japanese supermarket you can score the Jumbo 1.5L for six bucks
Cripes... I have a crushing hangover from just looking at that bottle of nip turpentine.

Creasy Bear

Donator
I have yet to try warm sake and that saddens me.
You need to find a place that has the hot Gekkeikan dispenser. Mmmmm... cheapshit box saki served up piping hot.

Get yourself good and drunk on it, and then pray for death when you wake up with your head in a vice.

Lord Zero

You need to find a place that has the hot Gekkeikan dispenser. Mmmmm... cheapshit box saki served up piping hot.

Get yourself good and drunk on it, and then pray for death when you wake up with your head in a vice.

Anyone know what that hollowed-out plant/fake plant on the left is? I've never seen something like that before.