Borderlands 3

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
BL2 was the original loot shooter before there was this "games as a service" craze. Here's hoping they keep it a primarily single player experience like BL2. I wouldn't mind some extra MP functionality, but please oh please video game gods, no "shared world" horse shit.

BIV

C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H

BIV

The Borderlands 3 teaser was full of secrets – here’s a roundup

A Borderlands teaser trailer just went live. It doesn’t actually say ‘Borderlands 3’ anywhere in it – not explicitly, at least – but that’s almost certainly what it’s teasing, and that’s not all. Turns out the trailer is full of secrets and easter eggs, including a code that can be redeemed for a skin and five golden crate keys in Borderlands 2.

That code comes in five pieces, each of which is five digits – just like a Borderlands SHiFT code. The first piece is on a pillar behind the leg of a psycho at seven seconds into the trailer. There are four more pieces at 12 seconds, 29 seconds, a really obscure one at 47 seconds, and then the last at 51 seconds. The complete code reads:

C35TB – WS6ST – TXBRK – TTTJT – JJH6H

As the community has already discovered, this code can be used in Borderlands 2 to unlock the Salvador’s Community Day skin and five golden crate keys.

There’s more, as a new video from eagle-eyed YouTuber Arekkz shows. A white spot starts flickering in the top-left corner at around 15 seconds, and it’s actually flickering in morse code. Arekkz put its signals through a translator and it spells: “count the sirens”. Borderlands fans will know that sirens are women with various powerful abilities, and Arekkz reckons he counts three during the trailer. Could this be a subtle confirmation that the trailer is indeed teasing Borderlands 3?

More oblique still are the three lines of braille that appear in the bottom-right of the screen starting at 41 seconds, which translates to “follow and obey”. Arekkz is stumped and so are we, but this could relate to the plot of the coming game, and there’s plenty else in the trailer that might hint at this, too.

We’re almost certainly looking at the four new Vault hunters at 23 seconds, while the way that the two new characters at the start of the trailer are posed throughout its duration suggests they might be the new villains. And just why are they posing under an inverted Vault logo?

The trailer is full of more familiar faces elsewhere – check out our Borderlands 3 characters breakdown for a roundup. We don’t yet have a Borderlands 3 release date, but if this has got you hyped, you don’t have a long wait to learn more – Borderlands developer Gearbox is due to appear at PAX Easttomorrow, and this trailer leaves little doubt as to what they might announce. The livestream starts at 11:00 Pacific (18:00 GMT).

chumpy

No hopes of repair
It's My Birthday!
Donator
Have never played a borderlands game

blee

Will Drink Today
I just started playing BL2 last month on my computer again. I have completed it numerous times with all characters on the PS3.
I am so fucking hyped for #3.
Just hope it is better than the Presequel.

BIV

This event was one of the biggest cluster fucks I've ever seen. They technical issue after technical issue.

Which is too bad, since the actual announcements were good.

Apparently we'll get more information on BL3 on April 3rd. Hopefully that means a release date or window.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
It's My Birthday!
Donator
The GOTY edition looks good. It was always interesting to me but I was playing other things then.

I got it on Steam. 9.50 total. It's on a big sale there.

Last edited:

Pickle

Anybody remember the glitch on the Secret Armory of Gen Knoxx where you could fall through the floor before entering the armory so you could loot it without a time limit?

Glorious

BIV

Same. Dunno what the fuss is about.
It's the original looter shooter. The "billion guns" thing isn't a gag. They have a huge modular weapon generation system. I've never seen the same gun twice.

On top of that, it has a great (if silly) story, fun, memorable characters and really tight mechanics.

And the art style is fantastic.

Borderlands 2, in particular, is one of the finest shooters ever made.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
It's My Birthday!
Donator
I started it last night. So far it doesn't suck

Pickle

I started it last night. So far it doesn't suck
Borderlands 1 or 2? I enjoyed the story in the first one more, but the mechanics and gameplay elements are more refined in B2.

BIV

Borderlands 1 or 2? I enjoyed the story in the first one more, but the mechanics and gameplay elements are more refined in B2.
I'd agree with that.

I'm certainly interested in BL 1 with improved mechanics.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
This event was one of the biggest cluster fucks I've ever seen. They technical issue after technical issue.

Which is too bad, since the actual announcements were good.

Apparently we'll get more information on BL3 on April 3rd. Hopefully that means a release date or window.

Yikes.

Gender swapped Brick and Psycho.
Hipster fag villains.
Zero focus on story or new innovation for the series.
Zero humor or personality that wasn't just scraps from game 1 and 2.
Rehash, rehash, rehash, repurpose, repurpose, repurpose.
Grrrrr! Look at these badass ladies! Third wave feminism rules!

BIV

Yikes.

Gender swapped Brick and Psycho.
Hipster fag villains.
Zero focus on story or new innovation for the series.
Zero humor or personality that wasn't just scraps from game 1 and 2.
Rehash, rehash, rehash, repurpose, repurpose, repurpose.
Grrrrr! Look at these badass ladies! Third wave feminism rules!
Seriously Jimcy, you might have a problem.

BIV

If you liked that trailer you're an idiot.
The trailer looked like more Borderlands. I want more Borderlands.

No one was gender swapped. They are new characters.

Are you really so upset that the soldier is a tech based girl?

We don't know shit about any innovation and, frankly, I don't want a lot. I don't want to hear about any shared world or games as a service or MP bullshit.

I want guns that flow like water. I want to shoot things with them.

What the fuck did you want from the first Borderlands trailer?

I don't expect to see anything about story until a couple months from release, like every other game.

You are a fucking retard.

Pickle

If you liked that trailer you're an idiot.
I hated the song they chose. Started with something that sounded like cheap alt then turned into some stupid blend of edm dub step.

Cage the Elephant was the perfect sound for the intro of the first BL, and I remember liking them so much that I’d listen to them a lot in the background while playing through the first game.

BIV

I hated the song they chose. Started with something that sounded like cheap alt then turned into some stupid blend of edm dub step.

Cage the Elephant was the perfect sound for the intro of the first BL, and I remember liking them so much that I’d listen to them a lot in the background while playing through the first game.
I have no strong opinions on the music other than the Brick Sax solo being a stroke of genius.