Bored To Death Season 3 - Mondays HBO

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I had no idea this season started... Apparently it's on Mondays now, instead of the Sunday slot it had been in.
I assume that's a downgrade for the show?

I love the show. The first episode was alright, sets up some stuff:
George (Ted Danson) opens an organic restaurant, bans cell phones. His daughter is dating an old dude, who wants to marry her.

Jonathan I guess is being framed by the dude who he signed the book "Kid"? Not sure why, or if it's a joke to put a scare into him or something.

Ray is back with his old G/F, the lesbian couple who stole his sperm is divorced, he sees his kid. Lets the kid lick whiskey off his nipples.

"Fuck you estrogen bottle!"

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Shit, I had no idea the show was back on either. I knew it was a fall show, I just hadn't thought about it in a while. Thanks for the heads up.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Abs - you do know that they ran two episodes on monday right?

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
They dropped the ball with promotion for this.

And what's up with the switch? Does HBO have 2 1 hour shows on Sunday right now? I know Boardwalk is running, but didn't this run alongside Eastbound and Down last year at the same time as Boardwalk? In fact, I don't remember there ever being an HBO show that had new episodes airing on a Monday night. Seems a really weird slot.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
They dropped the ball with promotion for this.

And what's up with the switch? Does HBO have 2 1 hour shows on Sunday right now? I know Boardwalk is running, but didn't this run alongside Eastbound and Down last year at the same time as Boardwalk? In fact, I don't remember there ever being an HBO show that had new episodes airing on a Monday night. Seems a really weird slot.

Just speculating here. They may have seen Showtime do shows on sun and monday night. And are trying to follow that lead.

As for the promotion. I've seen billboards for the show all over NYC.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
On Sundays, they show How To Make it in America and Hung. One show I never watched, the other I quit in its second season because it sucked too bad. I don't know if HBO shows anything on Monday except for BtD or if it's just out there, adrift. It used to air with East Bound and Down. That was a good hour block.

I still have a man crush on TV Jonathan Ames.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Seeing this thread, I figured I'd record an episode to see what it was about. That was great.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Abs - you do know that they ran two episodes on monday right?
They did?
I thought it was just the premiere, and then last week was the one where he was running from the cops/framers.
So this is the 3rd episode of the season tonight, no?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
1- premiere
2- running from cops
3- The Dick Cavette show featuring a return of the awesome Louis Green
4- tonight

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I'm confused I guess...
My HBO and IMDB says that the Dick Caveat is "NEW" tonight, 10/24

1st Ep - Ted Danson opens up the organic restaurant, Galifianakis hangs out with his Lesbian kid, Jonathan trails the woman with the hat
2nd Ep - Jon is framed, hangs from clock, Galifinakis saves him, the merry go round scene, police arrest the woman with the hat

3rd - Tonights?

What one am I missing?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'm confused I guess...
My HBO and IMDB says that the Dick Caveat is "NEW" tonight, 10/24

1st Ep - Ted Danson opens up the organic restaurant, Galifianakis hangs out with his Lesbian kid, Jonathan trails the woman with the hat
2nd Ep - Jon is framed, hangs from clock, Galifinakis saves him, the merry go round scene, police arrest the woman with the hat

3rd - Tonights?

What one am I missing?
According to epguides.com, my list was correct but I think we might have seen episodes early due to HBO On Demand/HBO Go fuckery. Like how Entourage put the second to last and third to last episodes On Demand/HBO Go during the week of the TTL episode.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Oh, HBO GO might be the issue then...
Still Wiki/IMDB only show the 3.

Tonight's new one, for me, was the one where Ray steals the baby unknowingly, and Jonathan goes on the TV show.

Not bad, but nothing too great about it IMO. The breast feeding circle was pretty good, with Ray asking if Spencer can "Get a tug" at one of them, and then asking suspiciously if both sides were out.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I liked Ron's comment about how this is the gayest show on television and none of them are gay.

There's something kind of sexy about Casey Wilson.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Speaking of sexy, Isla Fisher Baron Cohen.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
That's sad.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I tried to watch this show just because Jimmy Norton was on it, and I thought it was boring as shit. There might have been one laugh per episode. I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, but it just seemed too hipster/ironic to be funny.

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
Sad it's cancelled. I wasn't as big a fan of this most recent season as I was the previous two, but I still enjoyed the show. At least they did the seasons where it was mainly just one story and they had some finality.