Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii?

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
1991 literary agency booklet claims Obama was born in Kenya

Acton, who spoke to Breitbart News by telephone, confirmed precise details of the booklet and said that it cost the agency tens of thousands of dollars to produce.

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.
Breitbart.com concludes that the preponderance of evidence indicates that Obama was born in Hawaii, and that this was another incident in a history of misrepresentations on Obama's part, in this case to cultivate an "international" identity.

Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya'

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Elizabeth Warren was so angry when she saw this that she scalped three White Devils and sacrificed them to Tabaldak the Creator.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Born in Kenya does make for a more interesting blurb.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, he's also not the son of a Kenyan finance minister. Looks like his father is a composite character too.

I wonder why he said his father was the finance minister? Was he setting up an email scam?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Yeah, he's also not the son of a Kenyan finance minister. Looks like his father is a composite character too.

I wonder why he said his father was the finance minister?
Because they wouldn't let him print "My father was a ******."

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I always believed bill when he said he didn't inhale, prolly faked it to get some hippie chick pussy. Same fuckin' thing, just make up whatever bullshit makes you look good.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
You can "claim" anything you want, doesn't mean it's true. Watch:

I CLAIM to have a 12" cock.

See?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
To me, this isn't a story about Obama being from Kenya. It's about Obama potentially not caring, or being complicit in, his false portrayal as having been born in Kenya for whatever benefits that may have incurred.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
To me, this isn't a story about Obama being from Kenya. It's about Obama potentially not caring, or being complicit in, his false portrayal as having been born in Kenya for whatever benefits that may have incurred.
I doubt he even knew about it before it went to print. The book they're talking about was never even published. Had he read it subsequent to publishing his own biography, you dont think he would have told them "Hey, my book is going to talk about me being born in Hawaii and moving to Indonesia, you got that part wrong."

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I doubt he even knew about it before it went to print. The book they're talking about was never even published.
Hence "potentially." Seems weird that his literary agent wouldn't give it to him to proof, or even that he wouldn't have an accurate bio of his client to begin with... Then again, maybe it was the agent himself doing the embellishing, but that's why I'm not making judgments. I was just commenting about the general nature of the story. This isn't evidence to support birthers. I doubt anyone thinks that (other than birthers, of course).

EDIT: From the article:

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Oh, I'm sure this is just yet another misunderstanding, misinterpretation, blah, blah, blah. Just like Obama never palled around with Bill Ayers, never listened to any racist, anti-American sermons from his preacher, was never involved in any shady real estate deal with a convicted felon, Bertha Lewis/Jodie Evans/Bill Ayers/Jeremiah Wright/Malik Shabazz are all on the White House guest list...but they're all not the same people we think, never bought the votes of 12 Democratic senators in order to get his healthcare bill passed, actually did manage to create 4+ million good, solid jobs in his first term, underestimated the severity of the BUSH recession, actually serious about buying a Chevy Volt when he leaves office, had nothing to do with adding his "accomplishments" to the bios of other POTUS', never promised to bring troops home and close Gitmo, only spent $5T+ in his first term because Bush and the Republicants fucked things up so badly, former IG Gerald Walpin really is going mentally nuts, never used or considered White House economists Romer and Bernstein's claim that unemployment wouldn't go over 8% with ARRA.

You people are all racists...pickin on a black man. Romney cut some guy's hair back in high school!!!!

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
To me it's about whoever in the media found this back in 2008 and deep-sixed it.

It's also about the fact that Obama clearly shows that he views the Constitution is an obstacle, something he has to maneuver around to do what he wants. He'd wipe his ass with it if he could. So, I see no reason why he wouldn't just do whatever was needed to "get around" that pesky Article II...

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Yup. As Breitbart puts it...

Note from Senior Management:

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.

It is for that reason that we launched "The Vetting," an ongoing series in which we explore the ideological background of President Obama (and other presidential candidates)--not to re-litigate 2008, but because ideas and actions have consequences.

It is also in that spirit that we discovered, and now present, the booklet described below--one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence--not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Barry himself, is just as much of a useful idiot as the rubes that support him

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Hence "potentially." Seems weird that his literary agent wouldn't give it to him to proof, or even that he wouldn't have an accurate bio of his client to begin with... Then again, maybe it was the agent himself doing the embellishing, but that's why I'm not making judgments. I was just commenting about the general nature of the story. This isn't evidence to support birthers. I doubt anyone thinks that (other than birthers, of course).

EDIT: From the article:
Exactly. It says the athletes "might" have proofed it, but it sounds like Obama as an up-and-comer probably wouldn't have even seen it. I've worked in publishing and had to write bios for something similar to this. We asked the people to submit their own bios, but only about 10% ever did it. So we relied on the Google and just wrote them ourselves. I'm sure I made a few mistakes and even knowingly embellished a few in my time.

And I have to get this on the first page...:icon_cool

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
How could you have misread that quote as badly as you did? It said Obama, as a non-athlete, dealt with the agent on a daily basis, and was therefore "probably" approached to proof it.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
How could you have misread that quote as badly as you did? It said Obama, as a non-athlete, dealt with the agent on a daily basis, and was therefore "probably" approached to proof it.
Just showing you as a proofreader, how easy it to let obvious facts slip through the cracks. :icon_cool

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Just showing you as a proofreader, how easy it to let obvious facts slip through the cracks. :icon_cool
Ha.

And your fauxrage pic is misplaced. If you go to the Breitbart article, you will see they mostly attack the media, not Obama. To be fair to ol' Barry, it's not his fault that the media gives him a pass where it would crucify someone else.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
I imagine Kirk in his Colorado basement is currently cleaning up a couple gallons of splooge about right now. Very soon we'll be seeing posts in this thread from him.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Ha.

And your fauxrage pic is misplaced. If you go to the Breitbart article, you will see they mostly attack the media, not Obama. To be fair to ol' Barry, it's not his fault that the media gives him a pass where it would crucify someone else.
I finally read it. And the fauxrage pic was more a comment on Drudge's huge headline over this.

But I still don't see what the big deal is. It was an industry pamphlet and Obama's little blurb on there was about a forthcoming book that was never published.

Going by one of the links Breitbart provided:
The material is irresistible—and Obama’s not the only one who thinks so. Less than two years after he departs Chicago for Harvard Law, his peers elect him president of the Law Review, the first African-American to hold such an honor…and, well, now there’s a story! A New York Times reporter hoofs it up to Cambridge, and his article, published February 6, 1990, is the first to describe the meanderings of the biracial Hawaiian who was now declaring Chicago his home.

Among those taking note are several book publishers and a young woman named Jane Dystel, who works in the Flatiron district with renowned literary agent Jay Acton, whose clients include James Baldwin, Tip O’Neill, and Sandinista leader Daniel Ortega. Acton says to Dystel, The guy could be another Baldwin—maybe we could get another Fire Next Time out of him.

Dystel contacts Obama: There’s a book in all this. Obama has thought about writing a novel but never a memoir. Still, he has student loans, so why not? Dystel helps him fashion a book proposal, she submits it to multiple publishers—and on November 28, 1990, the Simon & Schuster imprint Poseidon Press issues a six-figure contract to 29-year-old Barack Obama for a book tentatively titled Journeys in Black and White.
So it sounds like he was tentatively planning to write a "memoir" and you don't think had he seen that he would have said something? And going by the rest of the article, it sounds like he was a pretty flaky kid in his 20's at the time too. It also said people were describing him as a "biracial Hawaiian" at the time, so it doesn't sound like a lot of people thought he was from Kenya.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Not everything has to be a "big deal" to be worth reporting. It's not either "huge scandal" or "not even worth mentioning." And Drudge does that. Always. Whatever.