Borrowed My Brothers Wii

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
I am borrowing my brothers wii so I can test this skylander game I am selling to make sure it works. It has a few faint scratches. I can't get it to play. I press a and then come to this screen with a bunch of icons. One of them is the sklanders game but how do you select it. The only key that responds on the wii controller is the home button. Which opens a menu showing the controller battery life.

I haven't played nintendo games in years and can't figure out how to play this game. Shouldn't the wii autoboot?

Any help is appreciated. I googled it and can't get any info.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Point the controller at the sensor, nimrod.

Wait, you do have the sensor hooked up, right?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
George is so bad with electronics, he calls his grandma for help. amirite?

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
are you sure you have all the accessories plugged in?

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I think wii need an update on this. Any luck, George?

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I don't think I have the sensor I am just gonna have my brother show me how to set this thing up. Thanks for the responses guys, I got sidetracked and forgot I posted this.
It looks like this:

and it sits on top or on the bottom of your tv. If you dont have that, it wont work. Thanks for the update, I was honestly curious about how you made out.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I don't think I have the sensor I am just gonna have my brother show me how to set this thing up. Thanks for the responses guys, I got sidetracked and forgot I posted this.
The "sensor" isn't really a sensor. It's just a source of light. The remotes are what have the sensors in them. You could turn the lights down a little in your room and put a couple candles in front of the Wii and it'll work just the same.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
The "sensor" isn't really a sensor. It's just a source of light. The remotes are what have the sensors in them. You could turn the lights down a little in your room and put a couple candles in front of the Wii and it'll work just the same.
You mean in front of the TV. I can only imagine a frustrated GC with some candles near the actual Wii pissed that it isnt working.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
You mean in front of the TV. I can only imagine a frustrated GC with some candles near the actual Wii pissed that it isnt working.
Yeah, that's what I meant, but it would still work well enough. How far away do you think the Wii is from the TV? What I'm getting at is all you need are fairly distinguishable light sources, then point the remote vaguely at them. It's not like he's actually going to play the game.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Sep 28, 2006
south florida
or use the classic controller, the left joystick controls the wii hand thing.