Boston dynamics newest robot

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
When are these dumb things going to be used for anything besides YouTube views?

I like the part on the first vid at :30 seconds in where they demonstrate it spinning 360 to shoot up an entire room.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
When are these dumb things going to be used for anything besides YouTube views?
When they work all the time without an engineer 10' away to pick it up when it falls over.
Military applications will probably be first

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
When they work all the time without an engineer 10' away to pick it up when it falls over.
Military applications will probably be first
Yeah military applications seem the obvious route. I read somewhere that the military initially was interested in the 'big dog' bot as a pack mule but they're still too darn loud.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Yeah military applications seem the obvious route. I read somewhere that the military initially was interested in the 'big dog' bot as a pack mule but they're still too darn loud.
Yea that was what I read, I've actually been following stuff like this for years, 90% of the earths dry surface cannot be traversed by the present mechanical means without great effort or improvements (roads), walking robots or transport is the next step. The military quietly still uses pack animals in parts of the world where they need to, buddy of mine said they used a lot of donkeys in Afghanistan because the infrastructure there can't handle modern vehicles. These robots could be used by other entities but like you said they are too loud for patrols.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
The bipedal one that they showed off last year would be great for facvtor
They could also be used for space exploration. Send a bunch of them to a planet that is inhospitable to humans and use them to start colonization. They could also use them for mining hazardous area's of earth.

TomC

uppity neobarb
I like how a zillion dollar company steals milk crates like the rest of us.

These things will be caving heads on the evening news any day now.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
A little TOO impressive. That damn thing is moving like a fucking cat. We're fucked.