boston hotels

Oct 28, 2004
anyone got any advice on descent "moderately" priced hotels in downtown boston?

i'm going up with my chick for labor day weekend...catching a sox game...want to get a hotel that wont **** me on costs, is conveinantly located (near T and/or downtown) AND accepts pets.

any advice?

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
I have stayed at the lenox....it is right by prudential and we paid like $130 a night and it was really nice, the just renovated it a few years ago...It all depends on your dates. The closer you are to your stay the more it costs. Do you have AAA? you get nice discounts on certain hotels w/ AAA

AngryPest

Mar 3, 2005
The Marriott Copley is pretty nice. I've stayed there a couple of times. Typical Mariott.

ron2000

Aug 21, 2006
Northern NJ
Boston hotels can be pretty expensive but you won't run out of nice places to stay. However, finding quality at a low price is tougher.
I travel to Boston for business frequently and I can recommend the Hotel 140 (near Copley Square) as affordable (< $130/night) with very nice rooms. The price is often below $135 and the rooms have been recently updated and renovated. Telephone # 617-585-5600

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
If it is still like it was when I went to school there (BU), a lot of the hotels are booked up around the start of school (the week before before Labor Day) because of housing issues. It usually takes about a month or so into the semester for everyone to either get school housing or find off-campus apartments.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
BUSY BUSY BUSY time of year because of all the colleges around. You literally have "Northeastern UNIV," "Boston Conservatory," "Wentworth," "Simmons College," "Berklee" ALL around a SECTION of Huntington ave, with Berklee down mass ave off Huntington. And that's very close to the area where the Sheraton, The Copley Marriot, Four Seasons, Ritz, and on and on are so it's kind of tough. However the largest of the schools is by far Northeastern and those kids are year round unless they are Freshmen and they start later in September since it's a co-op school and is year round.

Your best bet is calling ASAP I would recommend the "colonade" since the others above have let you know about the basic quality hotels around. The great thing about all these hotels is that they are all around Huntington (south) where the green line is, and you are in a very small city (I assume your from NY or Jersey?) So everything is within walking distace= Boston Commons, the various Universitites and tons of shopping and restaurants on Newburry Street (pricy but you can go laugh at the yuppies), and Boylston (great restaurants, check out Atlantic Fish= Mark Wholeberg's hang out, or for a much better value there's a T.G.I. Fridays and also even better "Joes American"---For a great lunch or dinner "Charleys Restaurant and Pub",,,AND a little known gem is a place called "Thortons" where they have a great brunch...thats right near the Copley Marriot.

UMMmmm and yea check out Cambridge just over the bridge, they have Porters Square and Harvard etc,,,some great places there plus the Charles River runs through that area= Good times---word of advice stay south of where Brookline meets Huntington,,,The best bet is to go no farther than "The Musuem Of Fine Arts" I used to live past there at my fraternity house= not great area roxburry...also DO NOT GO TOWARDS MASS AVE BOSTON MEDICAL!!! Stay towards Cambridge and Berklee aka facing Mariot with NU at your back stay to the left of that,,especially at night...unless your into "negro food" then check out "Bob The Chef's" world famous soul food restaurant, and Wally's cafe for a nice end to a swoogie night. (dont walk that area at night my ex was jumped there "felony bridge" and that secion of the orange line is really bad!)

MetalSign

O&A Curmudgeon
Dec 22, 2002
Orlando, FL
I always stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Brookline. It's a block from the Coolidge Corner stop on the green line (which is about 5 short stops from Kenmore/Fenway). Relatively inexpensive and very nice. It's not downtown, but is there a reason to stay there if you can get it cheaper and nicer a couple of T stops away?

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
anyone got any advice on descent "moderately" priced hotels in downtown boston?

i'm going up with my chick for labor day weekend...catching a sox game...want to get a hotel that wont **** me on costs, is conveinantly located (near T and/or downtown) AND accepts pets.

any advice?
I hear that the Waltham Motor Inn is pretty nice.