Bought myself a birfday present.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Hadn't had a chance to try it yet...Hi-point .40 S&W. Read good and bad about these,lots of good from actual owners. $145,barely used, in the original box with all the paperwork.Fucking love Kansas,fill out 1 paper,5 minute call to the F.B.I.,pay cash,go home with new gun. I'll report back after I've shot about 50 rounds.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
You can always use it as a hammer :action-sm

Those are the guns the nig nogs use to kill people and throw away.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002

ah beat me too it, yea im done with "discount" fire arms

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I am sure that is a high quality firearm...:rolleyes:

But better then nothing I guess...

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I have heard of pre-paid cell phones....but pre-paid guns? Who ya gotta knock off?

BTW: Happy Birf

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
were awful, instead of welcoming a fellow gun nut into the fold, we bust his balls about buying a piece of shit, i say have fun with it buddy, and ummmmm yea dont shoot your self

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/hipoint_100605/ This is one of the reviews that sold me...
The vast majority of the rounds I sent downrange found their way to the high scoring rings of their respective targets. In fact, close examination of the targets showed that only two rounds were outside the X- or 10-ring with each pistol. You can say that the Hi-Point pistols are inexpensive, but don't ever say they don't shoot. They shoot darn well!

The first thing that must be mentioned in my summation is that even though they were fed a steady diet of JHP and SWC ammunition with bullets of widely varying weights, both pistols proved 100 percent reliable from the first shot to the last. That's right, there was not a single failure to feed, fire, or eject out of the 200+ rounds fired through each gun.

The sample pistols were surprisingly accurate with factory ammunition. Most groups averaged about three inches at 15 yards.

Considering their operating system, felt recoil was very soft, which enhanced controllability and the ability to make fast follow-up shots. A plus for those of you who reload is that spent cases were only ejected about three feet to the right of the shooter. Additionally, the orange dots on the front and rear sights made target acquisition fast and positive.

I have to admit that their massive slides made them feel a bit "odd" in my hand, especially under rapid fire. But it should be remembered that the circumstances under which these pistols are likely to see service, this should not be a problem.

I was suitably impressed with the reliability, accuracy, and handling qualities displayed by both pistols. I think it would be fair to say that if you are in the market for an eminently affordable handgun that is capable of firing authoritative cartridges for home defense or informal plinking, a Hi-Point pistol may just fill the bill.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
I want a gun, but I sleepwalk. Scared I might shoot the wife or kid.

I guess I could buy a lock? Any thoughts?

Oh yea, Birf.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
were awful, instead of welcoming a fellow gun nut into the fold, we bust his balls about buying a piece of shit, i say have fun with it buddy, and ummmmm yea dont shoot your self
Yep my bad as well... well how is it for taking apart/field stripping/cleaning?

And have you experienced any failures yet? Like for what ever reason my Sig does not like the cheap winchester FMJ for some weird reason... not feeding problems... but they don't seem to have enough umph to leave the slide open after the last round. Everything else I have shot works fine... meh.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
were awful, instead of welcoming a fellow gun nut into the fold, we bust his balls about buying a piece of shit
You're right Fez. I'm biased.

Congrats on the new gun fella. Have fun with it and be careful. Always double check to make sure it's unloaded before you handle it.

You have popped your cherry and in the future you will buy better pistols. Hi-Point brags about not designing their firearms to better suit needs like having thinner and shorter frames and an open-faced breech that will cut down on the change of a dirty or light shell stove piping. They say they don't design for aesthetics but design for economics basically so their guns can be cheaper than the rest.

Anyway, have fun with it and be careful. Don't shoot handloads out of that thing just to be safe.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007

By Nig Nog you mean Polish right? Perhaps Italian? You crazy kids with all this slang. I cant keep up.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Yep my bad as well... well how is it for taking apart/field stripping/cleaning?

And have you experienced any failures yet? Like for what ever reason my Sig does not like the cheap winchester FMJ for some weird reason... not feeding problems... but they don't seem to have enough umph to leave the slide open after the last round. Everything else I have shot works fine... meh.
those winchester "bulk pack" FMJ's are junk they jam up in every thing i think the cases are sized wrong.

i thought about buying one of those HIpoints years ago when they first came out, but i passed, mainly because of the size of the weapon, its a tad large for concealed carry

PALLY

Jun 28, 2005
jersey
hey enjoy it....good luck with it...(not sure if thats what ya tell a new gun owner) anyways...have fun with it.....

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
those winchester "bulk pack" FMJ's are junk they jam up in every thing i think the cases are sized wrong.
Ya that is what I thought... they are opening a Cabella's up the road from us in like a couple of months... so I will try some of their "cheap" ammo and see how it feeds and shit.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas

i thought about buying one of those HIpoints years ago when they first came out, but i passed, mainly because of the size of the weapon, its a tad large for concealed carry
Those Winchester 100rd packs work wonderfully. Before I started buying 250rd bulk packs I did nothing but buy those Winchester 100rd packs and I never had one jam from them.

Winchester makes the best ammo in America. Remington pistol ammo seems to be a little dirtier for me though. I'm not a huge fan of Remington pistol ammo but I like their rifle ammo.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Is that the 18 volt model and did it come with a sawzall and radio? :action-sm

J/K....Happy Birf.