bought this truck today

steve500

Why was it sold so young? Asking because I had a vehicle replaced by the manufacturer as a "trade assist" which was actually them replacing it 100% but they didn't have to title the car as a lemon. Sure enough it was not only on the lot within a week, but it was a CPO.

It had some ghosts in the camera system that would set off the collision assist, complete with braking, if the weather got really hot and the sunroof was left closed.

TomC

uppity neobarb
I liked Tom's Tundra until I looked at the mpg ouch, I drive too many miles for that to make sense. Went with this 2016 Tacoma Limited with under 200 miles on it instead:

Not an issue for me, I drive a company van 5 days a week, might not crank truck up once a week. Have avg 13.5 mph.
Edit- the two guys under 30 I got working for me both said "cool you got Rock Star rims" so that means I am cool, right?

Last edited:
I have a tacoma and I went from a 9 mile commute to a 75 mile commute...sucks...gas...especially in the winter when my total miles/tank drops from 420ish to about 380...Other than that i love it..

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
I liked Tom's Tundra until I looked at the mpg ouch, I drive too many miles for that to make sense. Went with this 2016 Tacoma Limited with under 200 miles on it instead:

You from KC?

TomC

uppity neobarb

just noticed the Hendrick, me too. Sum bitch is everywhere.

just noticed the Hendrick, me too. Sum bitch is everywhere.
Yeah don't bring up another vehicle from another dealer, these fuckers will have that vehicle somewhere to sell you.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
This place is a couple miles from Charlotte Motor Speedway. I follow fuck all about Nascar but I'm pretty sure Hendrick is a big sponsor.
He's actually one of the biggest team owners and his drivers have scored more
championships than any other team I do believe.

TomC

uppity neobarb
got her some fancy mirrors today

TomC

uppity neobarb
Nice, what kind of bulb are you going to use in the projector?
Comes with H9 Halogen. I just up graded to HID lights in stock light but H4 size. Will properly get another HID kit, read about overheating in LED bulbs.

Comes with H9 Halogen. I just up graded to HID lights in stock light but H4 size. Will properly get another HID kit, read about overheating in LED bulbs.
The 3rd gen Tacoma stock projector is made for halogen as well, but works well for HID and has a nice sharp cutoff. Went with the 4300k Philips kit by xenon depot. Nice white color and doesn't saturate over the cutoff line.

I guess overheating could be with both LED and HID. HID more on the bulb side with those +50 watt kits, LEDs are more of an issue at the back of the bulb in the power supply, plus they just don't work that well unless in a projector that is designed for them. They make good fog lights though.

MTJonny

Well-Known, well-loved and respected member
Donator
Just got this tonight